Probably no new DLC for PS3/Xbox360 users anymore...

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Don't force people to go pay another $59.99 for the same game basically and screw the people who bought the previous versions...
What re-make has ever been full price? 5U was £23.99 ($40?) and Last Round is £28.00 ($40-sum'?)
Every digital upgrade of SSFIV has been $15. Don't give out false information to make your argument sound better.

"Only" thing I disagree with.

Rkuzu5

What re-make has ever been full price? 5U was £23.99 ($40?) and Last Round is £28.00 ($40-sum'?)
Every digital upgrade of SSFIV has been $15. Don't give out false information to make your argument sound better.

"Only" thing I disagree with.
I am not just barking out random prices...I have websites to prove it: http://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/718709 okay.. so its $49(with taxes its still going to be $52 or $53) for Dead or alive 5 last round, and Street Fighter ultra is $39 https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...r-iv/cid=UP0102-NPUB31292_00-USFIV00DIGITAL00.... bottomline is...Your still being ripped off Cr!msonWarrior! and everyone seems to be okay with that....I worry for the future of gaming..if companies are allow to get away with this stuff...and everyone just pays and just accepts it...

Rkuzu5

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
(shakes head) Your missing the point buddy, completely! :rolleyes: So okay, the prices in Canada, United States, Europe, and around the world are different...big whoopty do da day. Bottomline...Good luck with the future of gaming! Can't wait to see how many versions of Dead or Alive 6 comes out.
There will only be "a lot" of versions (One.) of DOA6 if they get held up on time like they did with DOA5. DOA6 won't be seeing a "next gen of the time" update like DOA5:LR, either. So there will only be DOA6 and most likely Core Fighters if DOA6 gets the right development time it needs like all the other DOA games prior to 5.

squarewindow

Standard Donor
There will only be "a lot" of versions (One.) of DOA6 if they get held up on time like they did with DOA5. DOA6 won't be seeing a "next gen of the time" update like DOA5:LR, either. So there will only be DOA6 and most likely Core Fighters if DOA6 gets the right development time it needs like all the other DOA games prior to 5.
lol dude I have to say I think this is quite naive. Look at every Koei Tecmo game of the past few years... they always have like three versions of every title to maximise the amount of money they can make from not having to put effort into making a totally new game.

Argentus

What are you talking about? The PS4 and Xbone were released 14 months ago, not three years. In Japan the PS4 is hardly even one year available and the Xbone just 4 months.
ah sorry, i was guessing. I REALLY haven't been paying attention to the next gen consoles lol.

The new title I assume also helps with the marketing since it looks like a new title and gets people excited.

That right there is the real reason.

d3v

I am not just barking out random prices...I have websites to prove it: http://www.ebgames.ca/PS4/Games/718709 okay.. so its $49(with taxes its still going to be $52 or $53) for Dead or alive 5 last round, and Street Fighter ultra is $39 https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...r-iv/cid=UP0102-NPUB31292_00-USFIV00DIGITAL00.... bottomline is...Your still being ripped off Cr!msonWarrior! and everyone seems to be okay with that....I worry for the future of gaming..if companies are allow to get away with this stuff...and everyone just pays and just accepts it...
Ultra Street Fighter IV is only $39 for the standalone version. The DLC upgrade for people who've already bought Super Street Fighter IV or Arcade Edition is only $15.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...r-iv/cid=UP0102-BLUS30453_00-SSF400DLC000USF4
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301660/

Last Round has it even better considering that if you already have Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate on PS3 or XBox 360, you get all the gameplay updates to Last Round for free. All you have to buy are the additional characters and any DLC characters you've already bought, you don't have to pay for again.

Argentus

The point is simply that PRICES should be reserved for real sequels and expansions, not simply patches. Like I'm happy that Last Round is free for ps3, and I'm hoping I can just pay the 2-3 dollars for the one costume I want and be done with it, but I'll be ticked if i'm forced to pay full 15 bucks for some minor balance tweaks.

Rkuzu5

Last Round has it even better considering that if you already have Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate on PS3 or XBox 360, you get all the gameplay updates to Last Round for free. All you have to buy are the additional characters and any DLC characters you've already bought, you don't have to pay for again.
I really feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point, but okay man. This has already been covered by me and other people in this article, just go back to page 1+2 of this thread and see for yourself. Heres the information anyways:

■ Notice regarding future DLC releases on PS3™/Xbox 360"Due to hardware capacity", we are approaching the limit of the additional downloadable content we can offer for PS3™/Xbox 360.

So basically PS3 and Xbox360 users get a "Free Update" that only covers extra DLC and 2 extra characters...thats it. Everything else, is not included. Because supposely....PS3/Xbox360 systems can't hack it, but I doubt that myself & think thats just some corporate bs...just a reason for TeamNinja to move away last gen and go to PS4/Xbox360...hence people having this thread...heres the link for yourself to check it out: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/productInfo.html

Last edited:

Rkuzu5

Ultra Street Fighter IV is only $39 for the standalone version. The DLC upgrade for people who've already bought Super Street Fighter IV or Arcade Edition is only $15.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...r-iv/cid=UP0102-BLUS30453_00-SSF400DLC000USF4
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301660/

Another thing dude, you are MISSING THE POINT! You are paying $$$ for patches and updates for Street Fighter 4! You should only pay for DLC and characters, not for a brand new game that is EXACTLY THE SAME as the last one before + new patches and updates...

Argentus

long story short, making up bs excuses to try to force people and devs to move to next gen since there's no legitimate.

d3v

Another thing dude, you are MISSING THE POINT! You are paying $$$ for patches and updates for Street Fighter 4! You should only pay for DLC and characters, not for a brand new game that is EXACTLY THE SAME as the last one before + new patches and updates...
The major patches, such as AE2012, Ultra 1.03 and Ultra 1.04 were free patches.

AE and Ultra are expansion packs, similar to what Brood War was for OG Starcraft.. The lack of any ability to download the characters separately is actually something that the FGC appreciates since it means that everybody is on the same level once they buy the update. Everyone has everything everybody else has, taking out a bit of the pay to win factor (someone simply can't pay more to have more access to stuff competitively).

This was actually a major discussion point back in 2007-08 when SFIV was still in development. Majority of folks agreed that getting new characters down the line was nice. What people didn't want, however was a situation where someone would have an advantage simply because he paid extra for an extra character. The solution we have now where everyone comes as part of a major expansion and everyone is forced into the same level if they want to continue competitively is seen as a good compromise.

Last edited:

lotr9690

The point is simply that PRICES should be reserved for real sequels and expansions, not simply patches. Like I'm happy that Last Round is free for ps3, and I'm hoping I can just pay the 2-3 dollars for the one costume I want and be done with it, but I'll be ticked if i'm forced to pay full 15 bucks for some minor balance tweaks.
That would suck but it looks like they may actually force you to do that? I'm a little confused though. Are they including Raidou, Honoka, Nyotengu, P4 and MR with the $15 upgrade, let's say if you didn't purchase those other 3 new women.

Argentus

The major patches, such as AE2012, Ultra 1.03 and Ultra 1.04 were free patches.

AE and Ultra are expansion packs, similar to what Brood War was for OG Starcraft.. The lack of any ability to download the characters separately is actually something that the FGC appreciates since it means that everybody is on the same level once they buy the update. Everyone has everything everybody else has, taking out a bit of the pay to win factor (someone simply can't pay more to have more access to stuff competitively).

This was actually a major discussion point back in 2007-08 when SFIV was still in development. Majority of folks agreed that getting new characters down the line was nice. What people didn't want, however was a situation where someone would have an advantage simply because he paid extra for an extra character. The solution we have now where everyone comes as part of a major expansion and everyone is forced into the same level if they want to continue competitively is seen as a good compromise.
thats....terrible logic.

So rather than saying "you can pay a couple dollars to check out the new character to even the playing field", everyone went "we'd rather pay dozens of dollars to check out the new character to even the playing field"?!

d3v

thats....terrible logic.

So rather than saying "you can pay a couple dollars to check out the new character to even the playing field", everyone went "we'd rather pay dozens of dollars to check out the new character to even the playing field"?!
Paying $14.99 for the whole update is cheaper than paying $5.99 per characters which comes down to $23.96 for 4 characters (AE) or $29.95 for 5 (Ultra).

And don't even start with the whole "people only paying for select characters" since that defeats the point of everyone having an even playing field.

lotr9690

Paying $14.99 for the whole update is cheaper than paying $5.99 per characters which comes down to $23.96 for 4 characters (AE) or $29.95 for 5 (Ultra).

And don't even start with the whole "people only paying for select characters" since that defeats the point of everyone having an even playing field.
It does make sense to have a comprehensive catalog of characters. Maybe not from a casual standpoint. But overall I suppose it's best to just pay the 15. It still seems a bit overpriced if it only includes 2 of the new characters without the other 3 characters. Even if there is a precedent of KF or whichever fighting game(s) force someone to pay extra for characters. I generally don't support that kind of sales model. I'm sure fighting games have their expenses but this is the only game I will ever buy multiple editions of - Last Round? More like Last Time haha. Seriously. First edition of the game should be complete. Add ons should be add ons.

d3v

It does make sense to have a comprehensive catalog of characters. Maybe not from a casual standpoint. But overall I suppose it's best to just pay the 15. It still seems a bit overpriced if it only includes 2 of the new characters without the other 3 characters. Even if there is a precedent of KF or whichever fighting game(s) force someone to pay extra for characters. I generally don't support that kind of sales model. I'm sure fighting games have their expenses but this is the only game I will ever buy multiple editions of - Last Round? More like Last Time haha. Seriously. First edition of the game should be complete. Add ons should be add ons.
For Ultra, the $15 gets you all 5.

As for last round, if you already bought the existing DLC characters (Marie, Phase-4 and Nyotengu), all you'll need to do is buy the other two (Raidou and Honoka) since the last-gen versions get upgraded to Last Round for free.

lotr9690

For Ultra, the $15 gets you all 5.

As for last round, if you already bought the existing DLC characters (Marie, Phase-4 and Nyotengu), all you'll need to do is buy the other two (Raidou and Honoka) since the last-gen versions get upgraded to Last Round for free.
Ah. That seems fair, then. Thanks for the clarification. :) That seems legit and a fair deal.
cwclp.gif

I don't really need the two new characters on last gen anyway, so that sounds fine.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD