"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

Kronin

Someone will eventually do something good with her. It happened with Raidou and Phase-4 already.

I agree, I think that it's just a matter of time: the community demonstrated various times that even the characters considered more weak - indipendently from such judgement being right or less - are still competetively viable in the right hands.

Nikotsumi

So.... lately i keep getting PPP2 and PPP2K instead of PP2 and PP2K. What's wrong with these moves? Perhaps it's me, 'cause i mash P too much.
Did this happen to any of you or its only me? xD

KING JAIMY

Those moves aren't even listed in her Command List so it must be some sort of bug. I don't know when it exactly happens though, but I have a replay of it happening so I'm gonna check it out real soon.

KING JAIMY

Force tech setups:

I just found out that after a 66P knockdown you can whiff P and then do 3H+K to get them back up for +17 frame advantage. Whiffing the P makes the setup no-timing! Alternatively, you can do a quick dash and 1K to get them back up for +15 frame advantage, but this requires some timing. Also after 236P you can run towards your opponent quickly and do Running H+K to get them back up for +12 frame advantage.

These setups obviously only work if the opponent doesn't tech roll. What if you're attempting a setup and the opponent DOES tech?

- When attempting knockdown 66P > P > 3H+K, you should leave out 3H+K and your whiffed P can't be punished.
- When attempting knockdown 66P > Dash > 1K, you can just dash in and leave out the 1K.
- When attempting 236P > Running H+K, you have plenty of time to confirm if the opponent teched or not and leave out running H+K if they teched.

By the way, you can get a quick 66P knockdown by doing the move two times in a row on Counter Hit (i.e. 66P > 66P on Counter Hit) but they can slow escape to avoid getting hit by the second one.

RenderingStar

Too add on to Jamiy ive also found that 6K2K leaves you neutral if the 2K whiffs. I have also found some good set ups that utilize her 236P+K GB

KING JAIMY

So.... lately i keep getting PPP2 and PPP2K instead of PP2 and PP2K. What's wrong with these moves? Perhaps it's me, 'cause i mash P too much.
Did this happen to any of you or its only me? xD
I knew it existed! And you knew it too, @Nikotsumi. PPP2K is not a thing listed in her command list, yet people seem to do it occasionally. From what I've observed, it only works on block since PPP on hit transitions to Dragon Stance automatically.

You can see @DeadlyChase performing PPP2K on block at 0:41 - 0:42 in his video:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/rank-match-genfu-vs-honoka-deadly-chase-aka-jayspades.10312/media

I'm not sure if PPP2 exists, but PPP2K is definitely a thing.

KING JAIMY

It seems like PPP2K is a scrapped move, later i'll check if i still have my replay with PPP2.
Yeah it's a scrapped move from the move list but they apparently forgot to remove it from the game, making it a hidden move.

Honoka used to have Gen Fu's 16P and Christie's 214P too before 5LR was released, but the difference is that those moves are actually removed from both her move list and the game.

KING JAIMY

What moves from Mila, Marie and Nyo should Honoka learn in DOA6, and which new transitions would you create for them ?
:mila:

- Raw tackle (66T) which would be an offensive hold and ability to feint it with 66TH, and give her Mila's feint tackle options (FT P, FT 2P, FT K, FT P+KP and FT P+K6P).

:marierose:

- 64P to give Honoka a reliable sitdown stun.
- Ability to enter Rondo from back-turned only. Give Honoka all of Marie's BT Rondo options: Rondo K and Rondo PP. This could be useful after moves or launchers such as 4P+K, PP4P, BKO 4P and 9PPP, which leave Honoka back-turned.

:nyotengu:

- I don't know. Maybe Nyo's 214P launcher to give Honoka a reliable mid punch launcher? Obviously Honoka can't transition to Hiten-no-Mai because Honoka's doesn't have dem wings. xD

KwonJigglypuff

I was thinking Nyo's 9K could be nice for Honoka to transition to Brad's stance.

From Mila, she should take her 66K (command could be 46K). Since she has smaller limbs, it would look fun on her. "Ayaaaaaaaaaw!"

From Marie, she should take her PPPP (it should replace Jann Lee's string but it should keep the same transition to Dragon Stance).

Honoka seems to have too many moves from Hitomi and Jann Lee, so some replacement would be nice.

KING JAIMY

I was thinking Nyo's 9K could be nice for Honoka to transition to Brad's stance.

From Mila, she should take her 66K (command could be 46K). Since she has smaller limbs, it would look fun on her. "Ayaaaaaaaaaw!"

From Marie, she should take her PPPP (it should replace Jann Lee's string but it should keep the same transition to Dragon Stance).

Honoka seems to have too many moves from Hitomi and Jann Lee, so some replacement would be nice.
Which commands would you give to Honoka from Nyo's 9K and Mila's 66K? These commands are currently occupied by Hitomi's 9K and Lisa's 66K.

Nikotsumi

:nyotengu:
-The second P from her 2PP
-2PP > Bokuho
-2H+KK, 2H+K2K. Just replace her current 2H+K xD

:marierose: From Marie this :
- Ability to enter Rondo from back-turned only. Give Honoka all of Marie's BT Rondo options: Rondo K and Rondo PP. This could be useful after moves or launchers such as 4P+K, PP4P, BKO 4P and 9PPP, which leave Honoka back-turned.
And Rondo P (on hit) > Hissatsu no Kamae

I don't know which move she should get from Mila, i don't know her enough D:

KwonJigglypuff

Respectively 64K and 46K.

Honestly it could also replace both 9K and 66K to make her moveset more varied. She pays already to much tribute to the wrestlers (Tina, Bass, Lisa) and to Hitomi and Jann Lee. She needs more influences.
I think she could use the Carrera stance with 46K (Mila's 66K) as well. Except than instead of putting her in backstance like Mila's 66K does, it would allows her to run. Just tweak the animation a bit and it can work.

Also, I noticed Honoka already has Tina's shoulder move (46P) in her Carrera stance (Carrera_P). She doesn't need to have two times this move. Maybe they should replace Honoka's current 46P with some move by Mila.
For instance, Mila's 9P (when she jumps on the ennemy with her fist like in an anime). It wouldn't stun like Mila does, but instead it could give her access to another stance (Christie's rolling) which is currently too situational to enjoy.

Just some ideas.
I fully understand TN's idea to keep the newcomers more "unique" so more people could enjoy them, but I hope this will change in DOA6.

Edit: Also, Mila's 66K (in my idea Honoka's 46K) could give her access to Marie-Rose's rondo (PP. It would be too quick maybe to animate, but I like the mixing of these two opposite fighting styles which have nothing in common.

And since Christie's rolling is part of Honoka's moveset, why not incorporate Marie's Flower Wheel options to it (except the throw). Bayman and Tina also have rolling options... hehe.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD