PS3 vs 360 comparison

TheTHCGamer

I think the whole console war thing is childish and its the games that make a console great not the consoles themselves. I own every console for there exclusives and i just happen to play all my fighting games on the PS3. I just feel the PS3 has the larger and longer lasting fighting game communities for the most part. My next game will be on the 360 however when i pick up Halo 4.

Blazeincarnated

Lol so im guessing i was right by your response which was the same thing you stated on the first page only about nintendo. I love how some fanboys have justify there consoles the greatest because thats the one they own.
2na4sy8.gif
good job.

:rolleyes:

franman

TBH I don't know if a patch can actually make the game more responsive, but if it can be done then cool beans.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I have them both, but I've gotta say I've been having trouble just even getting a match or even making a lobby.. quite frank, trouble in general on 360. PS3, I've had some delays, but I've been getting matches. Good thing I don't take online serious any more like I used to & that's because I'm starting to be more of an offline competitor.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I think the whole console war thing is childish and its the games that make a console great not the consoles themselves. I own every console for there exclusives and i just happen to play all my fighting games on the PS3. I just feel the PS3 has the larger and longer lasting fighting game communities for the most part. My next game will be on the 360 however when i pick up Halo 4.
I have them both too. I have more games on 360 than PS3 only because xbox 360 (Imo) has the better games selection, but Sony always have supported the fighting game competitive scene even though DOA4 & MK was 360's competitive fighting games, which is why I buy nothing but fighting or sports to PS3 & nothing else but maybe COD to both consoles. I buy fighting games to both consoles regardless because that's what I play most of the time.

But I agree with you. The whole console war is just bullshit. Play what you play & enjoy it! Simple as that!

Chaos

I have them both too. I have more games than 360 than PS3 only because xbox 360 (Imo) has the better games selection, but Sony always have supported the fighting game competitive scene even though DOA4 was 360's competitive fighting game, which is why I buy nothing but fighting or sports to it & nothing else but maybe COD to both consoles.

But I agree with you. The whole console war is just bullshit. Play what you play & enjoy it! Simple as that!
Stupid fanboys are brainwashed to understand that. :rolleyes:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Stupid fanboys are brainwashed to understand that. :rolleyes:
Yeah they are. Especially on youtube. "360 vs PS3" "Tekken vs DOA" "COD vs Battlefield" "MK vs SF" "SF vs KFO" just childish shit. All of them are good games, I have my favorites out of all of them, but am I gonna argue over the shit? Fuck no!

TheTHCGamer

I have them both, but I've gotta say I've been having trouble just even getting a match or even making a lobby.. quite frank, trouble in general on 360. PS3, I've had some delays, but I've been getting matches. Good thing I don't take online serious any more like I used to.
Im wondering if thats because there are noticeably more people playing online on the PS3 version.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I
Im wondering if thats because there are noticeably more people playing online on the PS3 version.
don't know I was thinking the same thing. I spent 3 or 4 hours on 360 today & yesterday before changing over to PS3. Yesterday, I didn't get ANY matches on 360 & got a bunch on PS3. Even got 3 hate msgs lol.. Today, I got only 2 matches & spent like 5 hours playing & practicing with my main character. I got PS3 hooked up now

Home Consumer

In theory, the fastest output is the 3rd frame.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you can measure universal input delay with a frame count of 3. What if I'm running a game at 120fps, or 30fps, or 15 fps? The idea that there is some kind of universal rule that the frame count for lag is always a minimum of 3 doesn't add up to me, as it suggests the measured MS for response time will always vary with your framerate.

NightAntilli

I'm having a hard time understanding how you can measure universal input delay with a frame count of 3. What if I'm running a game at 120fps, or 30fps, or 15 fps? The idea that there is some kind of universal rule that the frame count for lag is always a minimum of 3 doesn't add up to me, as it suggests the measured MS for response time will always vary with your framerate.
Sure. 3 frames at 120fps is faster than 3 frames at 60fps, which is faster than 3 frames at 30 fps. Because of how the hardware cycles work, that's how it goes. Three frames. Theoretically of course. You can't process the CPU cycles and the GPU cycles in the same frame because the CPU needs to be done before the GPU can render anything. Why is 60 fps preferred over 30fps? Because of the faster minimally possible response time. Even if it stays three frames for both, you have a fastest response time of 50ms at 60fps and 100ms at 30fps. Both are three frames.

Most games exceed this to give the CPU more time to calculate stuff. So in practice, a 30fps game can be more responsive than a 60fps game, if the 60fps game takes too many CPU cycles before being able to send data to the GPU.

TubbaBlubbah

Antilli are you sure about the "You can't process the CPU cycles and the GPU cycles in the same frame because the CPU needs to be done before the GPU can render anything" part?
Isn't something like this possible?
-I'm a cool cpu, i can process your extremely complex input in 4 ms
-And I'm a gpu even cooler than you, and as soon as you've finished il be able to render the frame in a dozen ms

Ok, that's not exactly scientifically correct, but i'm just wondering if it is theoretically possible?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It doesnt matter to me im still enjoying the PS3 version and the console fanboys can bash the PS3 version all they want its not going to stop me from playing.
Both of them are damn good to me. They've got pros & cons on both ends. Since there's a bunch of people that keep making this dumb argument, as much I hate to do this, I'll break down facts:

Xbox 360: Overall, it's a fact 360 has a better game selection. In the past 2 years, people have brought more 360 console than any other. Most people prefer games like COD & Battlefield & sports games to 360. The fighting games that are in fact competitive on 360 are DOA4, Tekken 6, & Mortal Kombat & DOA5 & then maybe Tekken Tag 2. That's a fact. 360's cons come from they don't have a STRONG fighting game community overall. Plus most people when fighting don't like the controller layout. That's really the only con that they have.

PS3: Overall, they have the bigger competitive fighting game scene. Tekken 6,Tekken Tag 2, Virtua Fighter 5 & VF5:Final Showdown, Marvel vs Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur IV & V, & then DOA5. They have some good exclusives too. COD is also a competitive title to PS3, but not AS bigger or popular to 360. Plus online is free. The only cons from PS3 is the shooters are not as competitive or preferred as 360.

But who gives a damn?! Both of them are good. You're just giving the companies money. So why argue over the shit? Just play what you play & enjoy it. People sound like Bloods & Crips: Arguing over a different color & if you don't like the color they wear, you ready to shoot they ass. Only difference is you're cussing people out because they don't like what you like. Childish shit.

Game Over

Xbox 360: Overall, it's a fact 360 has a better game selection.

Unless you're gonna talk strictly about multiplayer games, overall game selection (single and multi-) is better on PS3. People flock to X360 because of the higher popularity of multiplayer games (ex: COD, Halo, Gears, etc) on that system. PS3 has more high profile exclusive titles (not counting XBLA/PSN releases or Kinect shovelware) than X360.

IMO, it's like this. X360 is better for multiplayer gaming, PS3 is better for single-player gaming. And if a particular gamer wants to play all or most of this gen's high profile games, he/she would ideally own both consoles.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Unless you're gonna talk strictly about multiplayer games, overall game selection (single and multi-) is better on PS3. People flock to X360 because of the higher popularity of multiplayer games (ex: COD, Halo, Gears, etc) on that system. PS3 has more high profile exclusive titles (not counting XBLA/PSN releases or Kinect shovelware) than X360.

IMO, it's like this. X360 is better for multiplayer gaming, PS3 is better for single-player gaming. And if a particular gamer wants to play all or most of this gen's high profile games, he/she would ideally own both consoles.
Well it's about what you prefer, but it's dumb to argue about it. That's my point I'm trying to make

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD