Characters Raidou revealed in latest issue of Famitsu!

Update: Trailer has been released!

Famitsu has announced that one of the two new characters is the Dead or Alive boss Raidou. He has been altered for his appearance in Last Round. His body has been augmented to cybernetic technology. He's not the same ninja he used to be, but Raidou displays a big build, electric moves and a cyborg body. If you thought he looked evil before... just look at him now. A menacing face, a darker tone, and the cyborg attributes really add an even scarier aspect to the Dead or Alive boss.

His story is as follows:

After being killed by an explosion during the First
Dead or Alive Tournament, Raidou was pieced back together,
outfitted with cybernetic parts, and brought back to life by
Donovan. As a side effect he has lost all memories of his past,
and retains only his natural lust for power.

Fighting Style:
Raidou's fighting style is Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu at its core,
but he builds upon this with techniques he has stolen from
various fighters. Unlike fellow Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu practitioners
Kasumi and Hayate, he favors moves that make the most of his size and power.
He has also developed some techniques of his own,
such as Tengeki-Gorai-Sho and Rekku-Jinraisatsu.

Sex: Male
School of combat: Modified Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu
Birthday: Classified
Blood type: Classified
Height/Weight: Classified
Measurements: Classified
Favorite food: Classified
Hobbies: Classified

Additionally, the release showed a screenshot between Kasumi and Raidou. Some may recognize Kasumi's new outfit.

raidou.jpg

Raidou is the older brother of Kasumi's father Shiden, and biological father to Ayane. Known for being a copy-cat character, the exiled ninja ambushed the Mugen-Tenshin clan to steal their special technique: the Torn Sky Blast.

marie.jpg

Get to know Raidou in this classic Dead or Alive 2 cinematic:

Also be sure to take a look at what his older form was in this video:

Last edited:
This is wrong because there are no characters that exclude another: showing to like a male character doesn't mean necessarily to hate the female ones, just to show to TK how the players of DoA are not eager only of the sexy factor in the girls, but even on the cool factor in the males (exactly how works for all the fighting series out there).

TK believe that the success of DoA is only on the sexiness of the female characters and it's incredible when you think that for this reason the same Hayabusa, whose huge popularity is confirmed, is put on background for this reasoning.

You totally missed the logic of his post. The point was that he was included only as part of the upgrade because too many people would not buy him. By the same logic, then, the female included is one we probably would not buy as DLC.

You totally missed the logic of his post. The point was that he was included only as part of the upgrade because too many people would not buy him. By the same logic, then, the female included is one we probably would not buy as DLC.

Sorry now I understood what you meant and no, of course I'm not saying that the same logic behind Raidou is to apply even to the female character, but if something this strenghten what I said on the DoA1 boss. Try to think how Raidou could be seen in the view of the producers as the bonus from Last Round that only a minority of people want, but that will not care to the majority when together with him they will get even a female character and other extras tied to the fanservice. It's not different from the reason because every DoA game get more female additions that males (even if actually 5U made exception, but just because other DLC characters were already planned).

Of course I would like to be wrong and say that I'm too much pessimist, but so far the things seem just to hint about this. The point is try to convince them that there is an interest even for the male roster, from characters to costumes.

I knew it was gonna be him. It was way too obvious!
EDIT: He is like a copy of Bass. same voice and very similiar moves lol

Finally the underage fighter gets sexaulised and has her own "DOAX3" screen viewer now.

@Princess Kasumi To say the truth Bass in-game model in DoA1 was created using as basis the one of Raidou, if I'm not wrong.

By the way I believe that they are far from being the same, but if you talk about the kind of character in a fighting game then I agree: both of them are slow but powerful with devastating throws.

I like how he acts as if nothing ever happened and he's his old version. You got blown to bits and were reconstructed take a look in the mirror brah.

I suggested a while ago an idea to have a male cyborg character with moves from the cast. And I was right! Haha! (I can't find that post though for some reason >_<!)

Also, Raidou is so tall!

8578ec24b8hIo.gif

Really hoping he has at least 4 outfits/recolors. His white one looks nice. Also TN if he could have one with hair that would be great. Bald Raidou is creepy. XD
raida.png

It could be a woman sumo, lol.

Raidou looks cool, but some of these shots do look funny with him being bald. A classic skin would be cool, but doubtful, IMO. They will prolly stick to this design.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD