RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

WAZAAAAA

building meter, brb
chun-ts-a11.gif

SilverForte

Lol afraid not, whiffing normals doesnt build any meter and her palm doesnt have the range and active frames it had in third strike. Only use I found for it is a situational anti air and in combo strings, it also nullifies fireballs in v-trigger. Its not useful in neutral really.

d3v

But if it takes more than 60 Frames to charge something then doesn't that mean that it does charge for entire seconds.... or one second at the very least ?

Also its kind of a dick move that Capcom doesn't even give any clue as to how long it takes for charge moves to register.
But it doesn't really take that long most of the time. For example, with Bison, you can walk/dash in, do stand strong while holding back, and then have enough charge to do scissors. The charge time there probably takes less than half a second, or 30 frames (considering that stand strong probably takes less time than that).
Lol afraid not, whiffing normals doesnt build any meter and her palm doesnt have the range and active frames it had in third strike. Only use I found for it is a situational anti air and in combo strings, it also nullifies fireballs in v-trigger. Its not useful in neutral really.
Doesn't really matter. EX meter fills up really fast in this game. You're guaranteed at least one super per round.

Lulu

But it doesn't really take that long most of the time. For example, with Bison, you can walk/dash in, do stand strong while holding back, and then have enough charge to do scissors. The charge time there probably takes less than half a second, or 30 frames (considering that stand strong probably takes less time than that).
I certainly doesn't feel like Half Second..... not as far as Vanilla goes. I would hold it for atleast 3 Seconds before I actually got it to come out..... there were many instances where two whole seconds got me didly squat...... but like I said.... that was in Vanilla. I haven't touched Street Fighter since.

d3v

I certainly doesn't feel like Half Second..... not as far as Vanilla goes. I would hold it for atleast 3 Seconds before I actually got it to come out..... there were many instances where two whole seconds got me didly squat...... but like I said.... that was in Vanilla. I haven't touched Street Fighter since.
Was talking about charge times in SFV, not IV.

That said, charge times in IV were about 40 to 50 frames, which are still slightly below 1 second.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Vega is now a stance character, as he gains new moves and properties depending on if he has the claw or not. Also, this go around, if Vega loses the claw, he can't pick it back up, so creators emphasize learning both styles of play to be successful with him.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Well, Vega is no longer a charge character this time in Street Fighter V.

EDIT: Combofiend says these changes are not final. This is to determine whether or not he's fit as a motion character or a charge character.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I had hoped, they would show one more new fighter on Gamescom... :/ I hope, a big portion of the so far unannounced cast will be female. So far it seems like a total sausage fest. DOA5LR in reverse.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So it turns out that Vega with the claw is pure footsies. Without the claw, he's pure rushdown.

EDIT: Here's the movelist for Necalli and Vega.
H1fxJ06.jpg

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So the SF5 Beta is back up, but this time it's just a internal stress test on the servers. This is to help them relaunch the first public beta as quickly as possible.

I managed to get in twice without a problem.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD