RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Xhominid The Demon Within

For the people complaining about the jiggle, apparently they didn't patch it out AT ALL(The "glitch" is still there if Chun is 2P).
And even then, the jiggle is WAY more overt than it was in SFIV(it's very easy to see compared to mainly seeing it in victory scenes).

Of course you will have the whiners but it's hilarious how they are acting SO offended that there game should be anywhere near DOA in anything...

Me want Kasumi

For the people complaining about the jiggle, apparently they didn't patch it out AT ALL(The "glitch" is still there if Chun is 2P).
And even then, the jiggle is WAY more overt than it was in SFIV(it's very easy to see compared to mainly seeing it in victory scenes).

Of course you will have the whiners but it's hilarious how they are acting SO offended that there game should be anywhere near DOA in anything...

Yeah you'd think SF fans complaining about this were a bunch of schoolgirls, and while they act like it unfortunately they are actually grown men
tumblr_m6ux1dtBXj1radzsro1_r1_500.gif

synce

Um, nobody's complaining about anything other than the beta not working. Don't worry you will get your bouncy boobs. The world isn't ending.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
The beta will start again from 7PM-1AM PST, only this time it will be for North America only.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so i managed to get one session in, but it wasn't nearly as productive as it should have been because out of every option they could have removed they took out the dam command list.

i posted that in gamefaqs and the one useful person sent me a link for the movelist online most of the others just got on my ass about complaining about the beta. im under the assumption that if you are having others test a game, then them knowing how to play it is pretty dam important.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Not that great really. few have been lucky enough to play it to the point where Capcom has been constantly taking it offline to try and fix it. it's supposed to come back on at 11:00 am pt today.

The few matches I was lucky to play felt very good though and I have pretty shit connections nowadays. in the match that was laggy it would skip frames and stutter rather than just slow down.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I managed to try all the characters on the second and third run of the beta.

• Chun-Li is better than she was in SF4. She's pretty much back on her 3rd Strike ish with new stuff.
  • Charlie is balanced. You can't play him like he's Guile. You have to know what to do
  • Ryu feels slightly different.
  • Cammy is just nasty. Spiral Arrow into a Super while you have V-Trigger activated is just... Can you say "Mixups"?
  • Bison's different. Didn't play much with him, but he was fun.
  • I didn't mess around with Birdie as much as everyone else, but he hits like a damn tank.
  • Damage scaling is similar to Super Turbo.
The netcode was kinda rough the first time (I lost due to lag), but the second time it was smooth.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone was aware of this, but there's no chip damage for Specials.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I managed to try all the characters on the second and third run of the beta.

• Chun-Li is better than she was in SF4. She's pretty much back on her 3rd Strike ish with new stuff.
  • Charlie is balanced. You can't play him like he's Guile. You have to know what to do
  • Ryu feels slightly different.
  • Cammy is just nasty. Spiral Arrow into a Super while you have V-Trigger activated is just... Can you say "Mixups"?
  • Bison's different. Didn't play much with him, but he was fun.
  • I didn't mess around with Birdie as much as everyone else, but he hits like a damn tank.
The netcode was kinda rough the first time (I lost due to lag), but the second time it was smooth.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone was aware of this, but there's no chip damage for Specials.
For Chun-Li, is her Kikouken input the same as it was in SF3 (Semi-circle forward) or is the same input from SF4? I personally hated the idea of holding backwards for five seconds then pressing forward lol

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
For Chun-Li, is her Kikouken input the same as it was in SF3 (Semi-circle forward) or is the same input from SF4? I personally hated the idea of holding backwards for five seconds then pressing forward lol
It's the same input from Street Fighter 4. Her Hanzanshu is now a standard move instead of a special.

Argentus

So I now have a small list of characters I'm hoping are playable.

Top two are
Alex
Juni (especially since she apparently joined Cammy as defecting by way of amnesia)

Followed by Elena and Sakura.

I'm also doing a van redesign of SF1's Joe and having fun with it :)

d3v

No it isn't, ST used a unique system of damage variance (randomized damage within a set range) but didn't have the combo damage scaling in the same way as SFIV.

Another thing, SFV actually uses harsher damage scaling than IV. The latter kept the first two moves at 100% and started scaling at 80% with the third move going down by increments of 10% to 20%. SFV starts scaling with the second move at 90% then goes down the same way to 20%. The only exceptions to scaling are supers, which reset the scaling to 50% if the scaling is already below that.

Additionally, damage values for single hits and specials are about the same as SFIV, and some are even lower. The big difference is that combos now once again start from medium and heavy normals, for example, Cammy's more likely to start her BnBs with f.hk, b.hp whereas in SFIV, she'd have started mostly with cr.lk, cr.lp, doing less overall damage since she's wasting the two unscaled moves on lights.
You don't have to hold backward for five seconds. Charge time has always been counted in frames, not entire seconds.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
No it isn't, ST used a unique system of damage variance (randomized damage within a set range) but didn't have the combo damage scaling in the same way as SFIV.
Ah, I see. But still, that shit is insane.

Lulu

You don't have to hold backward for five seconds. Charge time has always been counted in frames, not entire seconds.
But if it takes more than 60 Frames to charge something then doesn't that mean that it does charge for entire seconds.... or one second at the very least ?

Also its kind of a dick move that Capcom doesn't even give any clue as to how long it takes for charge moves to register.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD