Selfcriticism about your playstyle

Saber

I'm way too aggressive sometimes. When i get desperate i kind of spam different holds hoping I get lucky. Can't really block either.
This. 1000 times this.

While I constantly switch between keep-away and rushdown, I can never block anything even if I try. And if I do block, I get thrown even though I'm pretty sure I attacked right after.

And I hate it when I input incorrectly, especially with Hitomi's PP6PK and Kasumi's PP6P6KK. basically any attack that I have to throw out really fast.

Brute

Standard Donor
1. I'm impatient and like to rush things. This is particularly bad when facing turtles and pussies.
2. I'm bad with timing on holds.
3. I suck at guessing wake-up kicks (50/50 wi/ similar animation; tough shit).
4. I don't adjust well to lag at all (and get easily frustrated by it).
5. I'm constantly trying to do Izunas. Literally, my objective of every fight is to look awesome by flinging out an Izuna every 2 seconds. That makes me predictable, and is not pragmatic at all (for example, if they have 10 HP left and are at -10, I will opt for the 12 frame Izuna Otoshi instead of a quicker throw which would get the job done risk-free but not look as cool).

Blazeincarnated

1. I'm impatient and like to rush things. This is particularly bad when facing turtles and pussies.
5. I'm constantly trying to do Izunas. Literally, my objective of every fight is to look awesome by flinging out an Izuna every 2 seconds. That makes me predictable, and is not pragmatic at all (for example, if they have 10 HP left and are at -10, I will opt for the 12 frame Izuna Otoshi instead of a quicker throw which would get the job done risk-free but not look as cool).
That is one baaad habit for Hayabusa players lol

IceMage95

This has been a well-established bad habit of mine: mashing forward and attack buttons. Most of my attacks are mids if I'm acting on instinct. I have a tendency to mash mid-punch counter A LOT (just look at how many successful mid-punch holds I have vs. any other type). My combos are generally pretty predictable if I'm not taking my time and thinking through. I always find myself mashing 6PP or 236K with Ayane.
As for online, I get really annoyed when there is significant lag to the point where I don't get the correct inputs and also if I'm falling victim to the same type of combos *cough* pre-1.03 patch Jann Lee *cough*.

Mavis

I haven't played DOA5 in such a long time but i have always had trouble timing counters, be it high, mid or low. If i was say one hit away from a knockout i would get into this pathetic, desperate habit of trying to counter everything out of luck in hope of coming back and winning. It never ever worked lol :rolleyes:

I also tend to heavily rely on the same combos that work for me which becomes way too predictable to my opponent, who rips me apart every time in the process when i fail to pull off my combos. So that is something i need to work on, try to be less predictable and study more of the moves on offer instead of just cherry picking a couple of moves that only work for short bursts of time until people figure out my pattern. Maybe i need a new character to learn too.

Chaos

Being under pressure is my worse nightmare and guessing wrong puts me in big trouble. Also, I always being too predictable, falling for the same move over and over again and end up pressing the wrong buttons like a retard :(

Emulsion

I need to work on my blocking defense. Lost matches I probably shouldn't have due to bad defense. I need to stop dropping combos as well. Sometimes I will be halfway through and then don't finish. Falling for cheap tactics as well. Lost a few matches where I should have baited them to come in then attacked rather than charging at them. One cheap tactic that does annoy me, although it's not just DOA it happens in, is when someone just spams the same one or two moves over and over. They don't even bother to try and learn to fight.

Mavis

Being under pressure is my worse nightmare and guessing wrong puts me in big trouble. Also, I always being too predictable, falling for the same move over and over again and end up pressing the wrong buttons like a retard :(
Lol!! Happens to me more often then i'd like it too. I get to a stage where my character's back is against the wall, trapped. My option is to guess or spam which doesn't work for me hardly ever lol :rolleyes: . Izuna drop happy Hayabusa's will haunt me forever

Jaguar360

Lets see..

I'm an old school DOA player that thrives on mind games,throws, and mix ups. All of these tactics are almost useless when it comes to DOA 5. Against a like minded opponent I do well and can hold my own. Against players with decent offensive set ups,solid reactions at countering, can maintain offensive pressure, and just know when to press buttons I lose.

Here are my actual weaknesses.

*I only randomly go for big damage. When it happens its instinctual and not when I want it to happen.
*I only know and use 2 to 3 offensive set ups between the 2 characters I main. My offense becomes too predictable.
* Most players mash attack buttons after getting stunned so it throws my throw mix up game off.
*Dealing with turtling tactics used by scrub Brad,Hayabusa, and Ayane players.
*Overall defense is inconsistent.Some matches my defense is rock solid.Other times I'm getting low poked to death by annoying Ayane, Hitomi, and Tina players.
*I lack the patience, ambition, and mental toughness to play fighting games consistently at a high level.

The last weakness is the most important one. I've played many great players in many different fighting games. And they all told me the same thing.The only thing that holds me back from being up to their level is that I don't want it bad enough to devout myself to get to their level. I'm a Libra so my personal quirk is that I don't totally devout myself one thing. Once I feel I am good enough in a game I move on to the next game.
I've noticed that too. I find it hard to do high counter throws at times and I go for big damage too much, too. I actually find it easier to deal with intelligent, like-minded players than players that only mash strikes.

Jaguar360

THIS. Especially the last one lol.

WAAAGHLORD

With Bayman i tend to play too defensively? i end up forgetting to put pressure and lose by time out when playing with my friends

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I tend to play too defensively and get thrown a lot. I have a bad habit of trying to throw punish too much. As Bayman, I use 7K way too much considering how unsafe it is (-13). I often seem to use the wrong moves in situations they don't work in. I drop combos a lot. The list goes on and on.

NightAntilli

I lack the patience to deal with turtling opponents. In general, I want to play a fighting game, not to play staring matches. If there's a lot on the line, I'll be patient because I have to. If it's just casual matches however, I rush in, and then get pissed at myself for getting hit in the face.

MajesticBlue

A huge problem of mine is I don't know how I want to play or my playstyle. Also I have a character identity crisis. (Playstyle crisis as well I guess.) I don't like to hit buttons some days, thats for damn sure. Also I am really bad about waiting or hunting for mistakes. Obsessed with fuzzy guard and back dashing. I don't do true fuzzy guard. I like to throw punish but don't. Would like to blame online but meh who knows. Strings and false pressure make me freeze since I don't like to throw things out. At san mateo I demonstrated how the block button works xD. Not in a good way at all.
I try and SE EVERYTHING, hold very, very little. Hunt walls. Confidence is lacking. My excecution is lacking. Most of the time I stun launch, as opposed to going for better options. Like to put all my eggs in the basket when I feel I can read somebody.Since if you know what they will do there is zero risk to that option...skewed risk vs reward and I worry to much about frame data at times.

Also I don't make myself play enough random people. It seems like it is important for growth.
Have a lot to work on. Trial by fire...yay

An imperfect soul leads to an imperfect life. Sounds legit.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I worry to much about frame data at times.

That's another thing I need to improve on. I don't acknowledge frame data enough.

Also I don't make myself play enough random people. It seems like it is important for growth.

Yeah, I've suggested before that you really should start playing more randoms. I still strongly encourage that. It's going to be laggy at times and it's going to be rage-enducing at others. Sometimes it will be both at once, but it really does help.

SilverKhaos

Lets see..

I'm an old school DOA player that thrives on mind games,throws, and mix ups. All of these tactics are almost useless when it comes to DOA 5. Against a like minded opponent I do well and can hold my own. Against players with decent offensive set ups,solid reactions at countering, can maintain offensive pressure, and just know when to press buttons I lose.

Here are my actual weaknesses.

*I only randomly go for big damage. When it happens its instinctual and not when I want it to happen.
*I only know and use 2 to 3 offensive set ups between the 2 characters I main. My offense becomes too predictable.
* Most players mash attack buttons after getting stunned so it throws my throw mix up game off.
*Dealing with turtling tactics used by scrub Brad,Hayabusa, and Ayane players.
*Overall defense is inconsistent.Some matches my defense is rock solid.Other times I'm getting low poked to death by annoying Ayane, Hitomi, and Tina players.
*I lack the patience, ambition, and mental toughness to play fighting games consistently at a high level.

The last weakness is the most important one. I've played many great players in many different fighting games. And they all told me the same thing.The only thing that holds me back from being up to their level is that I don't want it bad enough to devout myself to get to their level. I'm a Libra so my personal quirk is that I don't totally devout myself one thing. Once I feel I am good enough in a game I move on to the next game.

Mostly the same for me, though except for the second point, for me it's this:

I INSIST on playing a very risky playstyle (mindgames, baiting and punishing, letting opponents get back up when knocked down, etc) as I love close calls and flashy attacks, which gets me into tough spots.

Though another thing is that i lose all my patience when I notice that my opponent is just trying to go for the easiest/quickest possible win, or just pulling chickenshit like constantly lowpoking. I stop playing, I stop taking risks, I stop having fun. That just sets me off, and I blow a gasket. So I either just put the controller down and let them have the easy win they want, or I lose my temper, drop my playstyle completely, and just going in a rage rushdown mode.

But yeah. It's hard to play mindgames on people who don't have a good enough mind to keep up with the game, so I wind up finding myself having set up this whole scenario, and the opponent didn't follow it because they'd rather just mash it. Guiding the flow of the fight SHOULD be as simple putting cheese at the end of a maze, but this rat just keeps running into the same wall instead of figuring it out.

Kronin

Another fault of mine is surely the Frame system: I don't know it, I use overall the experience in the effectiveness of a particular move against other, but I can't say if the impressions left to me are really able to compensate a real knowledge of the frame data. In addition I think that this system can't work when you decide to learn more than 1 character at the time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD