Senran Kagura Series

Brute

Standard Donor
On a more detailed note, here are things I'd like to see.

-A proper character select screen before each mission.
-More responsive dashes with less recovery frames.
-No invincibility frames outside of dodges/dashes.
-More varied strikes/combos and less emphasis on Ninpo techniques.
-Platforming. We have jumps and wall runs. These are fun. Give us a reason to use them.
-Faster taunts.
-An option to skip "finishers" in the same way you can skip intros by pressing O.
-Threatening enemies with discernible attack patterns (no random peppering of unavoidable freeze projectiles and the like).
-Encounters with carefully considered enemy spawns, rather than mobs that feel like they were plucked from a hat at random.
-Underwear options are extremely boring and limited. Expand on it significantly or remove it altogether.
-Expanded cosmetic customization (outside DLC, outfits/hairstyles are very limited outside swapping with other characters' defaults).
-Expanded gameplay customization (perhaps something akin to the Warriors games' weapon upgrades).
-Arena/endless/tower mode for grinding outside of picking a random story mission to replay 1 billion times.
-Character music themes to activate upon Yin transformation.
-Form rebalancing. The max level stats make deciding upon a form absolutely braindead. If you have yang ninpo that can 1-shot bosses then pick Yang. If not, pick Yin. If you hate yourself, pick Flash and perform endless aerial raves that take an hour to do what Yin ninpo can complete in half a second.
-And finally, an actual fucking story with an actual fucking point where the things that are accomplished actually fucking matter.

Oh, and no Gessen characters.

Chapstick

I got deep crimson and I'm enjoying the story a lot more than EV. Just finished chapter 1 and this is definitely more difficult than EV. I even failed the Katsuragi fight vs Hikage which is like the third mission lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I got deep crimson and I'm enjoying the story a lot more than EV. Just finished chapter 1 and this is definitely more difficult than EV. I even failed the Katsuragi fight vs Hikage which is like the third mission lol
Lucky >.> I really want the game too but no money atm. I'm a fan of sidescrollers so I'm gonna have to invest in it when I get the chance although Ryona isn't in the game.

Juihau

-And finally, an actual fucking story with an actual fucking point where the things that are accomplished actually fucking matter.

Oh, and no Gessen characters.
3DS games~
93b0406718.png

In all seriousness, though, a decent portion of that is things that were the case in previous games, but were changed for some reason.

Losing animations were skippable in previous games.

SK2 at least had a noticeably wider outfit variety, and dlc outfits were part of packs that were (I think) about $5 each, which also added extra little story missions and a unique gimmick for each pack (a shoot em up game mode, the ability to change characters' breasts anywhere from board-flat to reasonable to even more ridiculous than they already are, and playable chibi versions of every character except Rin and Murasame). SV on PC also gets a sort of leg up over EV, since all that game's dlc from the Vita is included in the base game.

SK2 also had weapon skins that didn't affect combat, as well as little stones you could attach to each character that would do things like increase attack or defense, or scroll generation rate, things like that. It also did away with the yin/yang/flash system entirely, with frantic now becoming a powered up mode you can go into if you have full scrolls, where you have infinite scrolls but your health constantly drains.

Burst implemented the yin/yang/flash system very differently. You instead choose which one you want to use before the mission starts, and flash doesn't prevent you from transforming. Yin works essentially the same as it does now, but you're forced to be frantic for the whole mission, and you're a lot squishier. To the point that in Burst, it was considered the game's hard mode, instead of the cheese mode it is now. Yang actually reduced your damage drastically, but made you incredibly tanky, and was essentially the game's easy mode; it takes a while to kill things, but you're unlikely to die yourself. Flash was a balance between the two. Characters also all had their own unique pre- and post-transformation themes (Asuka, for example). While not quite the same, yin mode always plays the pre-transformation theme, so it's not super different from your suggestion.

Both SV and SK2 had much more varied underwear selections, though in SV's case it was definitely pretty hit or miss. Takaki's other similar game, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni had a much wider underwear selection than either of them. Possibly combined. Maybe even if you throw EV in there. It had way too much underwear. Like, to the point of what seems to have been the detriment of other aspects in the game like outfits and hairstyles.

SK2 had noticeably more thought put into its enemies, though they can still seem pretty random and spammy. It also had unique bosses with distinct attack patterns that were kind of...okay. Most of them were damage sponges that didn't actually pose much of a real threat, but some of them were just kind of BS. Not fun BS. It also had the youma's nest which, while not an endless mode, had 14 different routes to go through and each one ended with a buffed up version of a major boss in the story. Your hp and scrolls carry between rooms and you get xp based on how many rooms you do consecutively.

So yeah, I've uh...frequently said that EV is, in my opinion, the weakest entry in the series in a lot of ways. Hoping SK7 manages to pull things back.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
3DS games~
93b0406718.png

In all seriousness, though, a decent portion of that is things that were the case in previous games, but were changed for some reason.

SK2 at least had a noticeably wider outfit variety, and dlc outfits were part of packs that were (I think) about $5 each, which also added extra little story missions and a unique gimmick for each pack (a shoot em up game mode, the ability to change characters' breasts anywhere from board-flat to reasonable to even more ridiculous than they already are, and playable chibi versions of every character except Rin and Murasame). SV on PC also gets a sort of leg up over EV, since all that game's dlc from the Vita is included in the base game.

SK2 also had weapon skins that didn't affect combat, as well as little stones you could attach to each character that would do things like increase attack or defense, or scroll generation rate, things like that. It also did away with the yin/yang/flash system entirely, with frantic now becoming a powered up mode you can go into if you have full scrolls, where you have infinite scrolls but your health constantly drains.

Burst implemented the yin/yang/flash system very differently. You instead choose which one you want to use before the mission starts, and flash doesn't prevent you from transforming. Yin works essentially the same as it does now, but you're forced to be frantic for the whole mission, and you're a lot squishier. To the point that in Burst, it was considered the game's hard mode, instead of the cheese mode it is now. Yang actually reduced your damage drastically, but made you incredibly tanky, and was essentially the game's easy mode; it takes a while to kill things, but you're unlikely to die yourself. Flash was a balance between the two. Characters also all had their own unique pre- and post-transformation themes (Asuka, for example). While not quite the same, yin mode always plays the pre-transformation theme, so it's not super different from your suggestion.

Both SV and SK2 had much more varied underwear selections, though in SV's case it was definitely pretty hit or miss. Takaki's other similar game, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni had a much wider underwear selection than either of them. Possibly combined. Maybe even if you throw EV in there. It had way too much underwear. Like, to the point of what seems to have been the detriment of other aspects in the game like outfits and hairstyles.

SK2 had noticeably more thought put into its enemies, though they can still seem pretty random and spammy. It also had unique bosses with distinct attack patterns that were kind of...okay. Most of them were damage sponges that didn't actually pose much of a real threat, but some of them were just kind of BS. Not fun BS. It also had the youma's nest which, while not an endless mode, had 14 different routes to go through and each one ended with a buffed up version of a major boss in the story. Your hp and scrolls carry between rooms and you get xp based on how many rooms you do consecutively.

So yeah, I've uh...frequently said that EV is, in my opinion, the weakest entry in the series in a lot of ways. Hoping SK7 manages to pull things back.
Does Deep Crimson have alot of unlockable content? And I can't wait for SK7 because it shows Ryona in the garden uniform, I wouldn't mind her being in that school over Hebijo tbh

UpSideDownGRUNT

Yet EV is the entry point to a lot of fans because its so far the only console SK outside of PBS, I want to play the earlier games but have no way to. Don't even own a PC or laptop that can run the steam ports of SV, Bon Appetite etc.

Brute

Standard Donor
3DS games~
93b0406718.png

So EV is like the NG3 of SK? Gotta love pointless regression.

Banana56

Estival Versus was mostly a way to seal the Versus saga and finish whatever issues that had such as certain girls reuniting with their dead loved ones and watching them pass on such as Gessen girls with Kurokage, Miyabi with her mom, Ryobi and Ryona with Ryoki, ect. As well as Sayuri giving the girls a lesson on what they'll need to do to become stronger ninja

So yeah there wasn't much of a relevant point to EV story wise. Just finishing one series while preparing for another

Also EV was a way to introduce the Mikagura sisters who'll gain a bigger role in the next game. Like EV, Deep Crimson also served a similar purpose by finishing the original series while preparing for a new. It also helped introduce Kagura and Naruku

Speaking of which, both games pretty much are prep for this team

maxresdefault.jpg

P2p1mbs

Does Deep Crimson have alot of unlockable content?

Deep crimson has plenty of clothing options (I would say about as many as many as estival). As far as other unlockables, there are plenty of special stones you can get that grant special upgrades when equiped like increased health or damage but those can make the game REALLY easy; as I mentioned before, the health regen stone works so well it becomes impossible to die and some stones let you build ninpo energy so fast you can just keep using special arts until the enemy is dead. My personal favorite unlockables however are the weapons you can give the girls including silly things like replacing Asuka's swords with ping-pong paddles or Ikaruga's sword with a baseball bat. I particularly like how you can switch out Hibari's rabbit Ninto with"Rabbit de Niro".

Theres also the extra dlc stuff which adds a bit more content includin more clothing, weapons and even the option to change the girls boob sizes.

Overall, while estival versus has way more characters, and multiplayer, out of the 3 SK games I played, deep crimson has the most enjoyable content. If you ever get a 3ds/2ds, try picking it up, its well worth it.

Also, I got to try out the whole feeling up the girls with the touch screen and while its possible, you have to move the girls from the top screen to the bottom which doesnt "feel" right since the top screen is the main display.

If your having trouble, try doing some of the special challenges, they give you shinobi stones which grant special bonuses. Go for the attack and defense stones first.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Deep crimson has plenty of clothing options (I would say about as many as many as estival). As far as other unlockables, there are plenty of special stones you can get that grant special upgrades when equiped like increased health or damage but those can make the game REALLY easy; as I mentioned before, the health regen stone works so well it becomes impossible to die and some stones let you build ninpo energy so fast you can just keep using special arts until the enemy is dead. My personal favorite unlockables however are the weapons you can give the girls including silly things like replacing Asuka's swords with ping-pong paddles or Ikaruga's sword with a baseball bat. I particularly like how you can switch out Hibari's rabbit Ninto with"Rabbit de Niro".

Theres also the extra dlc stuff which adds a bit more content includin more clothing, weapons and even the option to change the girls boob sizes.

Overall, while estival versus has way more characters, and multiplayer, out of the 3 SK games I played, deep crimson has the most enjoyable content. If you ever get a 3ds/2ds, try picking it up, its well worth it.

Also, I got to try out the whole feeling up the girls with the touch screen and while its possible, you have to move the girls from the top screen to the bottom which doesnt "feel" right since the top screen is the main display.

If your having trouble, try doing some of the special challenges, they give you shinobi stones which grant special bonuses. Go for the attack and defense stones first.
Ohhh I see, it's basically like Soul Calibur where Soul Calibur 5 is kind of the weaker one while Soul Calibur 2 and 3 are older but superior. In that case I'll look into it but I still have to get money, my 65 dollars I was saving up for PBS has been "borrowed" and I have to ask later on when it's coming back

Plus Ryona isn't in which is another dilemma I'll have to face, I like Ikaruga but she's kind of too basic in a way, she's more my aspiration while Ryona is my inpiration if you get what I mean. I also need to use my 3ds more, haven't played it in months

Banana56

15 hours left before the stream

We'll see Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle and likely Senran Kagura 7

Hopefully the trailer won't just be for Yumi/Asuka. Considering they're the potential protagonists for the new series, perhaps Yuyaki and Leo, maybe Fuuma and Souji too will be revealed first

Jadeinchains

15 hours left before the stream

We'll see Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle and likely Senran Kagura 7

Hopefully the trailer won't just be for Yumi/Asuka. Considering they're the potential protagonists for the new series, perhaps Yuyaki and Leo, maybe Fuuma and Souji too will be revealed first

Sadly I'll be missing it so I hope I can watch the stream somewhere later. Also I'm sure I'll see the news of whatever they reveal at the stream here or on the SK discord anyway so I'll be looking forward to that! :p I hope it's good!

HajinMonSect

3DS games~
93b0406718.png

Sounds like a lot. I dont play portables so estival versus was my first and that game kept me busy for decades. So honestly I can't complain.

Banana56

That's late in the afternoon where I live. I just changed to an afternoon shift at work and i was hoping it would be in the morning so i can watch it at home but I'll be at work by then. How disappointing :(.

Dang I know that feeling, sucks, sorry :(

Looks like most of us won't be around when it starts

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD