Senran Kagura Series

UpSideDownGRUNT

Omg yes! For a start Kiriya is weird in this game....And second of all the entire time Rin was there it was like it was just focusing on how she was apparently just so shockingly old...and she's in her 20s.... So It was just really strange.
Rin is the same age as me soooo... I'm indifferent on her being "old"

P2p1mbs

Haven’t done many of the heart missions yet but Ayame was bugging the shit out of me in the main story.

My main complaint about her is how her love for Katsuragi is becoming her ONLY character trait, i mean, her entire shinobi heart is her trying to make a romance comic about the two of them and then there's the fact that almost all of her victory quotes is her asking for Kat's attention. At least her appearance in the Gessen story is about her trying to make other friends.

Kiriya as well, I didn’t like seeing the completely professional mentor with no inappropriate thoughts for his students turn into that.

Well, they did explain in the story that he was acting so differently because he was having fun since he was usually so restrained but I didnt really like how the Gessen and Hebijo story modes basically turned him into a henchman to the main bad guy.

Him and Rin ignoring how everyone can see thru their obvious disguise was funny for me the first time but it got boring after that though I did find it funny how he ran away to cry after the Hanzo girls pointed out that they knew it was him when he "revealed" himself at the end of their story.

Brute

Standard Donor
So, in an effort to lay out how each faction stacks up to one another in my eyes, I decided to compile a list, rating every character on a scale of 1 to 5. I then combined the total scores of all characters in each faction, and from that came up with an utterly unsurprising list of which factions I feel are strongest and weakest.

TL;DR version: Gessen sucks.

If anyone's curious to see the whole breakdown, I'll include it below.
-GESSEN ACADEMY-
Yumi: **
Murak~:**
Yozak~:*
Shiki: ***
Minori: **
-HANZO ACADEMY-
Asuka: ****
Ikaruga:*****
Katsu~: ****
Yagyu: **
Hibari: *
-HEBIJO ACADEMY-
Miyabi: ***
Muras~:***
Imu: ***
Ryobi: ***
Ryona: **
-CRIMSON SQUAD-
Homura:*****
Yomi: *
Hikage: *****
Mirai: ****
Haruka: ***
-FESTIVAL OVERSEERS-
Renka: ****
Hanabi: ***
Kafuru: *****
Sayuri: *****
Ryoki: **
-OTHER-
Naraku: ***
Kagura: ****
Daidoji: ***
Rin: ***
Ayame: *
Rules:
-Only includes playable characters from Estival Versus and Peach Beach Splash.
-Guest characters and "New Wave" characters in PBS (Souji, Yuyaki, Leo, Bashou) not included.
-Only five characters included per faction. Leftovers relegated to "other" category.
-Character scores were assigned based on general sentiment considering personality, gameplay (EV) and aesthetics.

Feel free to disagree or contest my assessments. The basic logic was that 3 is "average/balanced," with 2 being "lacking or irritating" and 1 being "boring beyond redemption." On the other side, 4 equates to "notably good" and 5 being my overall favorite characters.
* Total: 4
** Total: 6
*** Total: 10
**** Total: 5
***** Total: 5

Chapstick

I wonder if a medic setup would be viable online. For example-

-Dunno what gun yet
-Ryoki 300 team barrier for either 20 or 30 seconds idk haven’t leveled the card up yet
-76% team heal (all of these Minori cards)
-57% team heal
-57% team heal
-57% team heal
-38% team heal
-Hanzo regen pet card
-Kagura 1000 barrier pet card
-Pontaro invisibility pet card

Ryobi card + level 10 sniper one shotting people would be a good counter to this but I haven’t really seen much of that

Brute

Standard Donor
Not sure, since I haven't jumped online yet, but that's pretty much the team comp I use for single-player. Perpetual barriers, healing, and shot buffs brought on by repeat cards with low cost, including pet cards. Additionally, stacking a single character's deck full of one type of card helps to ensure that you are never betrayed by RNG so that your team is stuck without the card it needs, as all team buffs cards should always be in rotation all the time.

KAFURU (Dual Guns) Luka, Kagura, Hanzo
[Kafuru 5 - Self] [Kafuru 4 - Self] [Kafuru 3 - Self] [Kafuru 2 - Self] [Ryoki 5 - Self] [Ryoki 4 - Self]

HOMURA (Shotgun) Luka, Kagura, Hanzo
[Kafuru 5 - Team] [Kafuru 4 - Team] [Ryobi 5 - Team] [Ryobi 4 - Team] [Ryoki 5 - Self] [Ryoki 4 -Self]

IKARUGA (Sniper Rifle) Luka, Kagura, Hanzo
[Ryoki 5 - Team] [Ryoki 4 - Team] [Ryoki 4 - Team] [Ryoki 3 - Team] [Ryoki 3 - Team] [Ryoki 5 - Self]

MINORI (Rocket Launcher) Luka, Kagura, Hanzo
[Minori 5 - Team] [Minori 4 - Team] [Minori 3 - Team] [Ryoki 4 - Team] [Ryoki 4 - Team] [Minori 5 - Self]

The plan is to make the 5th member a de-buff spammer (Kagura cards), probably wielding the minigun. Frankly, the team is already pretty damn auto-pilot.

Refresher on card functions:
Kafuru cards: Faster reload speeds
Ryoki cards: Mobile barrier
Ryboi cards: Higher shot damage
Minori: Healing
Kagura: Lowers enemy shot and melee damage
Luka: Tracking rapid-fire machinegun
Kagura: Mobile barrier
Hanzo: Self-healing

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wonder if a medic setup would be viable online. For example-

-Dunno what gun yet
-Ryoki 300 team barrier for either 20 or 30 seconds idk haven’t leveled the card up yet
-76% team heal (all of these Minori cards)
-57% team heal
-57% team heal
-57% team heal
-38% team heal
-Hanzo regen pet card
-Kagura 1000 barrier pet card
-Pontaro invisibility pet card

Ryobi card + level 10 sniper one shotting people would be a good counter to this but I haven’t really seen much of that
You play online often? If you do when I get the game I'd be willing to function as the team healer. As long as I'm protected I'll be that OG healer and keep everyone stocked up, but if I see @Jadeinchains I'm gonna likely put that aside and make sure to ice his Yuyaki with my Ryona XD

Basically just make sure to keep people I would kill in a heartbeat away from me and I'll heal everyone and won't stop for nothing

Chapstick

*two seconds into a match* “The connection has been lost”

tumblr_n6f8cyd7jr1qeuoquo1_250.gif

*halfway into a match* “The connection has been lost”

tumblr_oclngq1xs81qj2kgto2_250.png

*moments from winning a match* “The connection has been lost”

tumblr_ofkl0iZBpd1rllj3eo2_250.gif

Brute

Standard Donor
Do certain cards not drop from store packs? I have purchased an insane amount of PBS card packs from the shop trying to get the last three Overseer cards I don't have, but they simply refuse to drop. It's infuriating.

So I did the math. I went through 1,000,000 in the shop purely on PBS packs. Each pack is 1,000, meaning I went through one thousand packs (each with 10 cards, meaning 10,000 total cards) and never got the three cards I need.

What-the-fuck.

Chapstick

Do certain cards not drop from store packs? I have purchased an insane amount of PBS card packs from the shop trying to get the last three Overseer cards I don't have, but they simply refuse to drop. It's infuriating.

So I did the math. I went through 1,000,000 in the shop purely on PBS packs. Each pack is 1,000, meaning I went through one thousand packs (each with 10 cards, meaning 10,000 total cards) and never got the three cards I need.

What-the-fuck.
I’m starting to get that feeling as well, I’ve bought an insane amount of card packs of each type and I have 709/812.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well holy crap, it finally worked. After spending nearly 2 million in the store exclusively on a card pack with one of the smallest card pools in the game, I finally have all of the Overseer cards. I'm guessing that you can get all cards from the shop, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some algorithm that tries to screw you out of getting non-repeat cards. The most difficult card wasn't even a five-star. It was a four-star card.

I feel violated. I'll have to play the final V-Cup Challenge way too many times to recoup that loss.
And by "play" I mean sit in a corner using the butt slap taunt while my team auto-pilots a landslide victory.

Brute

Standard Donor
Out of curiosity, I started up the final V-Cup challenge and went AFK from the start, and did absolutely nothing the whole match.

My team won 16-0.

HajinMonSect

So, in an effort to lay out how each faction stacks up to one another in my eyes, I decided to compile a list, rating every character on a scale of 1 to 5. I then combined the total scores of all characters in each faction, and from that came up with an utterly unsurprising list of which factions I feel are strongest and weakest.

TL;DR version: Gessen sucks.

If anyone's curious to see the whole breakdown, I'll include it below.
-GESSEN ACADEMY-
Yumi: **
Murak~:**
Yozak~:*
Shiki: ***
Minori: **
-HANZO ACADEMY-
Asuka: ****
Ikaruga:*****
Katsu~: ****
Yagyu: **
Hibari: *
-HEBIJO ACADEMY-
Miyabi: ***
Muras~:***
Imu: ***
Ryobi: ***
Ryona: **
-CRIMSON SQUAD-
Homura:*****
Yomi: *
Hikage: *****
Mirai: ****
Haruka: ***
-FESTIVAL OVERSEERS-
Renka: ****
Hanabi: ***
Kafuru: *****
Sayuri: *****
Ryoki: **
-OTHER-
Naraku: ***
Kagura: ****
Daidoji: ***
Rin: ***
Ayame: *
Rules:
-Only includes playable characters from Estival Versus and Peach Beach Splash.
-Guest characters and "New Wave" characters in PBS (Souji, Yuyaki, Leo, Bashou) not included.
-Only five characters included per faction. Leftovers relegated to "other" category.
-Character scores were assigned based on general sentiment considering personality, gameplay (EV) and aesthetics.

Feel free to disagree or contest my assessments. The basic logic was that 3 is "average/balanced," with 2 being "lacking or irritating" and 1 being "boring beyond redemption." On the other side, 4 equates to "notably good" and 5 being my overall favorite characters.
* Total: 4
** Total: 6
*** Total: 10
**** Total: 5
***** Total: 5

You're rating them just off of personality right?

Honestly I dislike the Hanzo girls the most with the exception of Ikagura. They are just way too happy go lucky and Kats groping got old and fast, I wanted to drown her to make it stop.

The crimson girls are my favorite with Mirai leading. I love Mirai and her bullying story and the "I'm proud to be Mirai" line in the game was the best and delivered awesomely (thanks VA). Reminded me of young Faye from Cowboy Bebop part. Hikage is love. Love the green her, her emotionless persona that's becoming more "human", her rap skills, her hairstyle in this game etc.

whew...already I'm tired from typing about them, now I know why you just used stars. But to wrap things up. I always liked Renka, not sure why, guess I just thought she was cute and loved her special music and playstyle from EV. Miyabi is cool and I also really like Ryona...but that's just cause I think she would be the greatest lay in video game history and love her expressions. Also I really hate Ayame, she just rubbed me the wrong way. She just tried too hard to be one of the gang instead of having a personality and her haircut is awful.

Different subject though, I have yet to go online yet. I've been enjoying offline and playing the game casually as in a 1hr if that at all after work. I'll probably drop more time into it this weekend. I want to try online though and the coop mode seems fun, is it? Do you just form a team of friends and fight ai and bosses? Well I haven't focused up on one character and been leveling them all pretty evenly, so if I decide to go online I guess first I would have to focus on my "main" and level her up to max so that I won't be a burden. The character all have the same stats right?

P2p1mbs

I'm going thru Yumi's story mode in easy mode just to finish it faster and its still really boring like her.

Banana56

I'd say my fav to least fav teams would be

1. Homura Crimson Squad
2. Mikagura
3. Hebijo
4. Gessen
5. Hanzo

Like all 5 though

Brute

Standard Donor
You're rating them just off of personality right?
Kind of an "overall" rating. For example:
Yokazura has one of the least memorable themes in the game (EV). Her moveset is not interesting visually or fun to use, and her personality doesn't exist. Unlike Yumi, who also has very little personality, she does absolutely nothing relevant to any interesting plotlines. As such, she earns the lowest possible score.
In contrast, Renka is full of energy, and that's reflected in her moveset. Her fast-paced theme, go-getter attitude and vibrant attacks all meld very well, and she has a personal story that plays off her other faction members as well as the over-arching plot of SK. Thus, she gets a much better score.

edit: I didn't actually realize that you praised Renka later in your post as I wrote my response here at the beginning. Renka rules.

Honestly I dislike the Hanzo girls the most with the exception of Ikagura. They are just way too happy go lucky and Kats groping got old and fast, I wanted to drown her to make it stop.
I actually like the Kat/Ikaruga pair. I liked the manga better than I was expecting to, and it was a nice piece of context for the series as a whole. Thus, I'm pretty interested in following that pair's journey.

The crimson girls are my favorite with Mirai leading. I love Mirai and her bullying story and the "I'm proud to be Mirai" line in the game was the best and delivered awesomely (thanks VA). Reminded me of young Faye from Cowboy Bebop part. Hikage is love. Love the green her, her emotionless persona that's becoming more "human", her rap skills, her hairstyle in this game etc.
Crimson is my favorite of the four base factions hands-down. I'm honestly not sure if I'd say I like the Mikaruga faction or the Crimson faction more overall. They both have one member I don't like at all, and then a bunch of others I think are awesome.

P2p1mbs

I'd say my fav to least fav teams would be

1. Homura Crimson Squad
2. Mikagura
3. Hebijo
4. Gessen
5. Hanzo

Like all 5 though

My personal team rankings would be:

1. Crimson squad plus Rin
2. Mikagura sisters and Kagura and Naraku
3. Hanzo plus Daidoji
4 - ?. All the new wave girls since I dont know them

1000000000. Gessen (except Shiki and maybe Minori, the others bring down the rank)
10000000000. Hebijo (except Murasaki and Bebeby, the others bring down the rank)

Last edited:

Banana56

Wonder how Bashou will be like

She's a NW girl that was added as dlc, and is said to love poetry and is very poetic. She also admires Hikage

Her popularity in Japan is pretty close to Yumi's. Wonder if she'd eend up being a new poster girl if so

----

Looks like Shinobi Refle will get more characters as there is a "character select" option now

DLTX8VmV4AEeP3C.jpg:large

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD