Senran Kagura Series

P2p1mbs

Just watched the first episode of the new anime, I still don't like the new art style and it's REALLY starting to get uncreative that the Hanzo girls get beaten up just to show off how dangerous the bad guys are :confused:. Going to pass on watching the rest of the season, I'll stick with Bloom into you instead.

JJdude

Just watched the first episode of the new anime, I still don't like the new art style and it's REALLY starting to get uncreative that the Hanzo girls get beaten up just to show off how dangerous the bad guys are :confused:. Going to pass on watching the rest of the season, I'll stick with Bloom into you instead.
Ima keep watching to see that they have in store. I like to see the new girls just a little bit more. I say judging by the 1st is bit too early. There's gonna be some build up I know for surely.

P2p1mbs

Ima keep watching to see that they have in store. I like to see the new girls just a little bit more. I say judging by the 1st is bit too early. There's gonna be some build up I know for surely.

I get that there are some who enjoyed the episode and are interested in seeing it again but for me, this whole thing about the Hanzo girls being the designated redshirts for the new villains to establish themselves as threats has been done WAY TOO OFTEN in the series; this has been whats happened to them since the first game then in Shinovi Versus, they get beaten up by all the other teams even in their own story mode (!) and then in Estival Versus, they get eliminated from the festival by Ryoki in a 5-on-one fight OFF SCREEN :mad:. It just leaves me with a very bad first impression that this is the first thing the villains do.

I will admit though, I did like the brief scene with Crimson squad and the interactions between Yumi and Asuka was interesting since it shows them outside of being serious shinobi.

Maybe if Kagura and Naraku play a role in the story, I might keep watching...

Jadeinchains

I just watched episode 2 of the anime and again I'm enjoying it, I don't know if any of you are watching/ going to watch the anime but lol @KasumiLover ...Ryona is crazy in this like..They really aren't holding anything back lol I was shocked cause they are not doing the like "@-£&#" kind of speech for when she's saying something crazy it's just full on out there! :eek:

JJdude

I just watched episode 2 of the anime and again I'm enjoying it, I don't know if any of you are watching/ going to watch the anime but lol @KasumiLover ...Ryona is crazy in this like..They really aren't holding anything back lol I was shocked cause they are not doing the like "@-£&#" kind of speech for when she's saying something crazy it's just full on out there! :eek:
I'm liking it so far lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm gonna have to really have to watch it now!! <3 I've been meaning to but it's like work always gets in the way of my free time nowadays xD but I'm glad to hear nothing is being censored as it should be!

Jadeinchains

I'm liking it so far lol

Yeah It's been good so far. :)

I'm gonna have to really have to watch it now!! <3 I've been meaning to but it's like work always gets in the way of my free time nowadays xD but I'm glad to hear nothing is being censored as it should be!

Yeah Its good to see there is an uncensored version, If ylu haven't watched them yet it should be pretty easy to find the uncensored subbed version just by writing in google or youtube something like "Senran Kagura Shinovi master episode 1" etc. :)

P2p1mbs

I decided to try out the 2nd episode to see if I can like it better and while I did find it more enjoyable, there were still a lot of things I didn't like (mainly the mistreatment of the Hanzo girls again):

• The interactions between Crimson and Hebijo at the start; I like how Me-a-bee set things up so both teams accomplished their own objectives without getting into too much conflict since it shows that she doesn't want to fight Crimson squad (unlike how she led her team to KILL them in Shinovi versus)
  • Imu's open attraction to Me-a-bee was amusing, I especially liked the part where she was chasing her to the pool to take her picture then getting a nosebleed when she did
  • She's far from becoming one of my favorite characters but Ryona was quite entertaining in this particularly the part where she eliminated herself from the PBS by letting Ryobi shoot her even when she was mostly naked already :D
  • While it was obviously going to happen, I appreciated how the PBS ended in a tie for all the teams since it shows all of them as equals (though this does lead to my major complaint about Hanzo's presentation so far which I'll get to...)

• As I mentioned last time, I HATED how they keep showing the Hanzo girls as constantly getting beaten and it only got worse here; it's one thing for them to get beaten OFFSCREEN in a 4-on-2 fight but then they end up getting captured and essentially became Damsels-in-distress for the other teams to have to rescue is REALLY making them look weak in comparison. Why should we regard them as a team as strong as the other 3 when they KEEP GETTING BEATEN? At this point it doesn't even make the bad guys look like a threat since they basically beat a team of wrestling jobbers. I'm sure they are setting things up for them to escape on their own and get revenge for attacking them but it doesn't change the fact that they keep ending up looking bad. My favorite team is Crimson by the way, so this is not a rant by a team Hanzo fan.
  • While I can kinda forgive that Asuka lost the fight last episode due to being outnumbered, the ending scene where she pretty much gives up hope felt REALLY out of charatcter for her. Again, this is clearly her character arc for this season that she gets over this, regains her idealism and gets revenge and probably befriends her attackers but as with my complaint about the Hanzo girls in general, this ultimately makes her look bad compared to the other 3 leaders.
  • This episode was just a remake of the Estival versus OVA with the opening scene being nearly identical with Yozakura and Yumi fighting, the Gessen girls getting an invite to a spa resort then deciding to go after playing booby rock-paper-scissors. The only main difference being the absence of the Hanzo girls. It gets worse since they mention that the events of the OVA did take place in the story so they are fully aware that they are in a recycled scenario.
  • Murasaki had no role at all in the story, did she even have any lines?

At this point, I may as well keep watching just to see how much worse things will get for the Hanzo girls. I honestly wouldn't be surprised (and probably wouldn't care) anymore if the Hanzo girls save Asuka get killed in 7even just to show off how much of a threat Shin really is :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I decided to try out the 2nd episode to see if I can like it better and while I did find it more enjoyable, there were still a lot of things I didn't like (mainly the mistreatment of the Hanzo girls again):

• The interactions between Crimson and Hebijo at the start; I like how Me-a-bee set things up so both teams accomplished their own objectives without getting into too much conflict since it shows that she doesn't want to fight Crimson squad (unlike how she led her team to KILL them in Shinovi versus)
  • Imu's open attraction to Me-a-bee was amusing, I especially liked the part where she was chasing her to the pool to take her picture then getting a nosebleed when she did
  • She's far from becoming one of my favorite characters but Ryona was quite entertaining in this particularly the part where she eliminated herself from the PBS by letting Ryobi shoot her even when she was mostly naked already :D
  • While it was obviously going to happen, I appreciated how the PBS ended in a tie for all the teams since it shows all of them as equals (though this does lead to my major complaint about Hanzo's presentation so far which I'll get to...)

• As I mentioned last time, I HATED how they keep showing the Hanzo girls as constantly getting beaten and it only got worse here; it's one thing for them to get beaten OFFSCREEN in a 4-on-2 fight but then they end up getting captured and essentially became Damsels-in-distress for the other teams to have to rescue is REALLY making them look weak in comparison. Why should we regard them as a team as strong as the other 3 when they KEEP GETTING BEATEN? At this point it doesn't even make the bad guys look like a threat since they basically beat a team of wrestling jobbers. I'm sure they are setting things up for them to escape on their own and get revenge for attacking them but it doesn't change the fact that they keep ending up looking bad. My favorite team is Crimson by the way, so this is not a rant by a team Hanzo fan.
  • While I can kinda forgive that Asuka lost the fight last episode due to being outnumbered, the ending scene where she pretty much gives up hope felt REALLY out of charatcter for her. Again, this is clearly her character arc for this season that she gets over this, regains her idealism and gets revenge and probably befriends her attackers but as with my complaint about the Hanzo girls in general, this ultimately makes her look bad compared to the other 3 leaders.
  • This episode was just a remake of the Estival versus OVA with the opening scene being nearly identical with Yozakura and Yumi fighting, the Gessen girls getting an invite to a spa resort then deciding to go after playing booby rock-paper-scissors. The only main difference being the absence of the Hanzo girls. It gets worse since they mention that the events of the OVA did take place in the story so they are fully aware that they are in a recycled scenario.
  • Murasaki had no role at all in the story, did she even have any lines?

At this point, I may as well keep watching just to see how much worse things will get for the Hanzo girls. I honestly wouldn't be surprised (and probably wouldn't care) anymore if the Hanzo girls save Asuka get killed in 7even just to show off how much of a threat Shin really is :rolleyes:.
I see you changed your avatar, that's shocked me since you had it for like 2 years! o_O and I still gotta watch the anime tbh, but work and SC6 tech scrounging has kept me occupied xD I'm making a vow tho later today after my shift im gonna look up the episodes today and watch them to see what's up with them, especially the hebijo girls <3

P2p1mbs

I see you changed your avatar, that's shocked me since you had it for like 2 years! o_O

I changed it because today (technically yesterday in my timezone) marks my 3rd year here, figured it was time for a change :)

I still gotta watch the anime tbh, but work and SC6 tech scrounging has kept me occupied xD I'm making a vow tho later today after my shift im gonna look up the episodes today and watch them to see what's up with them, especially the hebijo girls <3

The Hebijo girls hardly showed up in the first episode but I'm sure you'll love Ryona in the second ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I feel bad for any of the SK fans who think a change.org petition will sway anyone's decision. If it were that easy half the shit I need to be change would be changed already xD

P2p1mbs

So is no one going to say anything about the latest episode? As much as I complained about the first 2 episodes, I really enjoyed this latest one :D.

The story is starting to get rather interesting by now having Kagura form her own team; I'm kinda hoping her team will be the overall winners of the event to set her up for 7even as the most powerful character since she technically is. Teaser images for the season did show her in her awakened form so I'm loking forward to when she does do that especially since the Versus universe cast have yet to actually see her outside her child form.

The Ryona doing bondage during a team meeting seems rather out of place in what was supposed to be a serous scene but I found it too randomly amusing to complain too much. Its also nice to see Murasaki actually play a role in this even if it was so minor; by convincing the rest of the team to participate in the event for the sake of the captive Hanzo girls shows her as the least selfish member of the team and I'm surprised even Ryobi wanted to help team Hanzo.

Its still a bit disappointing that the Hanzo girls besides Asuka are being ignored since I was hoping they would show up at least trying to escape but I'm growing used to their absence and with 5 teams now part of the story, having to show them would make the episode unfocused. I almost expect that the writers simply had no idea what to do with the team so they just set them aside to focus on everyone else.

I'm also surprised at what Asuka was doing throughout; I was judging her too soon last time so seeing her act more ruthless here was surprising. I almost expect her to be the main antagonist of the season with the main goal of the other girls including the rest of the Hanzo girls fighting to bring her back from this new direction.

As far as the discussion of the Renewal censoring goes, does this apply to all territories or just in the west since there was no mention of it in the initial Japanese release?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So is no one going to say anything about the latest episode? As much as I complained about the first 2 episodes, I really enjoyed this latest one :D.

The story is starting to get rather interesting by now having Kagura form her own team; I'm kinda hoping her team will be the overall winners of the event to set her up for 7even as the most powerful character since she technically is. Teaser images for the season did show her in her awakened form so I'm loking forward to when she does do that especially since the Versus universe cast have yet to actually see her outside her child form.

The Ryona doing bondage during a team meeting seems rather out of place in what was supposed to be a serous scene but I found it too randomly amusing to complain too much. Its also nice to see Murasaki actually play a role in this even if it was so minor; by convincing the rest of the team to participate in the event for the sake of the captive Hanzo girls shows her as the least selfish member of the team and I'm surprised even Ryobi wanted to help team Hanzo.

Its still a bit disappointing that the Hanzo girls besides Asuka are being ignored since I was hoping they would show up at least trying to escape but I'm growing used to their absence and with 5 teams now part of the story, having to show them would make the episode unfocused. I almost expect that the writers simply had no idea what to do with the team so they just set them aside to focus on everyone else.

I'm also surprised at what Asuka was doing throughout; I was judging her too soon last time so seeing her act more ruthless here was surprising. I almost expect her to be the main antagonist of the season with the main goal of the other girls including the rest of the Hanzo girls fighting to bring her back from this new direction.

As far as the discussion of the Renewal censoring goes, does this apply to all territories or just in the west since there was no mention of it in the initial Japanese release?
It's apparently just the West iirc, but it only applies to ps4 and pc won't have it I believe. When does BR come out anyway? I've forgotten the release date xD

P2p1mbs

It's apparently just the West iirc,

I guess I'll just have to luck out on finding an Asian release locally ;), if not I'll probably just get it digitally since my PSN account is Asian. It doesn't really matter to me anyways if the game does get censored.

When does BR come out anyway? I've forgotten the release date xD

It will apparently release either next month or December. I think the original Japanese version is already available for Asian accounts though, I'll need to check again.

Kasumi-Phase-X

I feel bad for any of the SK fans who think a change.org petition will sway anyone's decision. If it were that easy half the shit I need to be change would be changed already xD

SK fans aren't the only ones you would need to feel bad for, but also the person that is involved with Igrasil Studio that created the petition. If change.org works then SFV camera shots would've remained, and there would be no more censorship when comes to localizing Japanese games. I know complaining can also work, along with boycotts, and supporting the version that kept the Intimacy Mode.
I guess I'll just have to luck out on finding an Asian release locally ;), if not I'll probably just get it digitally since my PSN account is Asian. It doesn't really matter to me anyways if the game does get censored.
It will apparently release either next month or December. I think the original Japanese version is already available for Asian accounts though, I'll need to check again.

What you could also do is support the Steam release since its the only Western version that kept the Intimacy Mode. Also Japan & Asia may no longer be safe anymore since more censorship of ecchi content is effected on PS4 releases:

https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/27/n...ese-developers-to-censor-themselves-in-japan/

Atahotaku

- It definetely seems that with Katsu-nee out of the equation, they have given her role to Murakumo. At least in this chapter they kinda give an explanation to her breast's fondling obsession xD

- I too enjoy that Murasaki has a role in this chapter, and a bit important one.

- Love the ryona bondage scene and that moment in the Onsen when Yomi and Shiki are moaning and Hikage just past trough in her "I don't have feelings, so..." xD

- And I'm also upset with the Hanzo's girls treatment, but this new take on Asuka seems interesting.

- It's always a pleasure to see Haruka teasing Mirai. Best couple ever xD

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

- It definetely seems that with Katsu-nee out of the equation, they have given her role to Murakumo. At least in this chapter they kinda give an explanation to her breast's fondling obsession xD

I was actually thinking the same thing :). Its totally in character for her too to do this kind of thing for inspiration when writing; in Shinovi versus, she asked Shiki to get intimate with her so she has a better idea on writing/drawing romance scenes ;).

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
SK fans aren't the only ones you would need to feel bad for, but also the person that is involved with Igrasil Studio that created the petition. If change.org works then SFV camera shots would've remained, and there would be no more censorship when comes to localizing Japanese games. I know complaining can also work, along with boycotts, and supporting the version that kept the Intimacy Mode.

What you could also do is support the Steam release since its the only Western version that kept the Intimacy Mode. Also Japan & Asia may no longer be safe anymore since more censorship of ecchi content is effected on PS4 releases:

https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/27/n...ese-developers-to-censor-themselves-in-japan/
Doesn't that mean Soul Calibur 6 is in danger too since there's a "viewer" mode that lets you basically ogle anyone you want? 0.o

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD