Senran Kagura Series

P2p1mbs

Finally got around to trying out Daidoji and Rin in Shinovi versus, they're as powerful as they always have been. It took a bit of time to get used to the difference in playstyle compared to EV, especially for Daidoji (I like how her frantic mode attacks are only kicks).

Surprised that you have to select Crimson squad to play Rin though since she can only be spoken to in the Hebijo office. Makes sense though when you realize she spends most of the series story interacting with Crimson squad whenever she does play a role.

Also, I was considering buying Bon Appetit but when checking the DLC, it turns out I have to buy Gessen and Hebijo separately and even Daidoji and Rin are sold separately. Kind of a deal breaker so I just pass on this again. The only reason I would even want to get Bon Appetit was to see each character's story mode but I guess I could just watch someone's playthru for that.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they hurry and make a remaster for shinovi versus on ps4 since i never was able to get all that stuff Juihau told me to get to use the game without a vita xD

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Shinovi Versus is forever my favourite because the chibi censors. I wish they would bring them back!!
78ED9724-C70C-4D6A-B22A-FF28AAF34246.jpeg

P2p1mbs

New week, new episode.

-As expected, Gekkou and Senkou are becoming friends with the other girls and it makes sense they would spend much of the episode with the Hanzo girls who they kept hostage rather than team Gessen (since they are Gessen students) since it shows the Hanzo girls' being so forgiving.

-Nice to finally see the Hanzo girls get much of the screen time. This episode was clearly made to make up for their absence the whole season and its about time a team other than Gessen got the focus.

-Seeing team Hanzo get screentime made me realize that despite only now getting to play a role in the story, they actually play a bigger role than team Hebijo. That team has even less of a role overall other than just be a team for the others to fight against. Even Me-a-bee wasn't present when Yumi managed to turn Gekkou and Senkou to side with them which shows off her pointlessness :rolleyes:.

-It even looks like Asuka is FINALLY taking back the main character status from Yumi. Besides stopping Gekkou and Senkou from killing themselves, Yumi didn't actually do anything this episode which is rather surprising.

-Daidoji is finally shown and her design is UGLY o_O. The studio making this season picked the worst possible pose to show her off :confused:. At least its now confirmed she will play some kind of role in the last few episodes.

-They seem to be making a point of keeping Kagura away from the main conflict as much as possible. Showing her being able to summon Youma as well seems counter to her main purpose of KILLING them but it does show off how different amd more powerful she is. I really hope they save her awakening to her true form for the last episode.

Last edited:

Juihau

Kagura can't summon youma. They made it pretty obvious that she just opened a gate to another world and pulled one out, and it's been hinted at since EV (and fully established in PBS) that Kagura can travel between worlds.

P2p1mbs

Kagura can't summon youma. They made it pretty obvious that she just opened a gate to another world and pulled one out, and it's been hinted at since EV (and fully established in PBS) that Kagura can travel between worlds.

I get that she just made a portal to another world but the fact that a youma emerged from the portal she made as soon as she made one implies that she can apparently create portals directly to the youma's dimensions so she was basically summoning one.

Either way, it seems odd that she has the ability to confront youmas at any time yet never actually does so despite her entire purpose being to kill them.

Juihau

Because Asuka told her to quit dedicating herself to killing youma in SK2 and there's only one Kagura across all worlds, which is why the Kagura in PBS is the same one from SK2, and presumably is the case in the anime as well.

Jadeinchains

tenor.gif

...are we ever gonna get this game? It was already delayed and now cause of this crap with Sony it's happening again. -_-
I'm gonna guess the reason this is making the game take longer is cause they'd already finished things like the touch mode that they now need to take out of the game? Which really sucks.

...Please don't be delayed by much time and please Marvelous still start showing us stuff from the game because we've been waiting to see more footage for SK7 for ages.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
tenor.gif

...are we ever gonna get this game? It was already delayed and now cause of this crap with Sony it's happening again. -_-
I'm gonna guess the reason this is making the game take longer is cause they'd already finished things like the touch mode that they now need to take out of the game? Which really sucks.

...Please don't be delayed by much time and please Marvelous still start showing us stuff from the game because we've been waiting to see more footage for SK7 for ages.
Tbh I'm kinda over the delays, the Sony or whatever keeps trying to censor and make all these rules but isn't the game already rated M? XD We're all grown, it's not like we're children playing SK xD I hope we'll still get it soon tho since PBS and EV were really the only truly new SK content besides the anime too

JJdude

tenor.gif

I guess it really is time for them to go PC and the Switch. I mean the series started on Nintendo might as well stay with Nintendo. PC is geting more hands on in Japan recently.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They might as well tbh, all this censoring is getting ridiculous, the games are rated M, I think that's a high enough barrier to keep kids from getting exposed to this stuff, although tbh I was 14 watching Xtreme 2 DOA poledances and I was 15/16 playing DOA5 Ultimate so they COULD have a case, but even then no child is gonna come across SK unless their parent buys it for them, it's pretty niche

marussya

They might as well tbh, all this censoring is getting ridiculous, the games are rated M, I think that's a high enough barrier to keep kids from getting exposed to this stuff, although tbh I was 14 watching Xtreme 2 DOA poledances and I was 15/16 playing DOA5 Ultimate so they COULD have a case, but even then no child is gonna come across SK unless their parent buys it for them, it's pretty niche
I watched DOAX1-2 videos at 10

JJdude

And it's mainly the Japanese games that gets the censor treatment strangely enough. What exactly is going on? Who knew them simply moving to California would have them turn out like this. Even going as far of effect Japan itself.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I watched DOAX1-2 videos at 10
Well zaaamnnn :-O you definitely knew of the series way earlier than I did xD I think I remember seeing XBV tho at at 11 tho but old
And it's mainly the Japanese games that gets the censor treatment strangely enough. What exactly is going on? Who knew them simply moving to California would have them turn out like this. Even going as far of effect Japan itself.
From what I see its mainly affecting ecchi style content in games, so games like SC6 where you can ogle but not touch is fair game but in SK and other lewd games, basically if there is sexual harassment or groping, it's canned. Thank God DOAX3 didnt go through with that one VR Harrassment thing a year or two ago, but the game is technically Japan exclusive so xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD