Senran Kagura Series

mizking

I watched DOAX1-2 videos at 10
When I was 6 I saw Kasumi being cloned in the big liquid thing on a DOA 2 arcade machine and the screen was HUGE. Her bobs and vagene were seen as well.

Apologies for the unrelated post

What's strange is that western games get the same beating in Japan for being too sexual, it's like Japan and everybody else is one upping each other..... By covering up that is

P2p1mbs

I don't see why this censoring thing is being treated as such a big issue; we all know the only thing that will be removed will be the dressing room groping and MAYBE they might turn down Katsuragi's sexual harassment (which happens offscreen anyways). I'm sure we can all live without that. The games have never exposed the girls as much as the anime does. The most nudity I've seen in the games is when people use items in the character customization to make it look like their girl is topless.

The 3DS games actually did have some minor censoring (Homura and Daidoji wore standard bottoms instead of thongs) and still had the touching feature but no one really mentions that. Deep crimson even has one playable character that DOES end up topless when beaten.

Kasumi-Phase-X

I don't see why this censoring thing is being treated as such a big issue; we all know the only thing that will be removed will be the dressing room groping and MAYBE they might turn down Katsuragi's sexual harassment (which happens offscreen anyways). I'm sure we can all live without that. The games have never exposed the girls as much as the anime does. The most nudity I've seen in the games is when people use items in the character customization to make it look like their girl is topless.

The 3DS games actually did have some minor censoring (Homura and Daidoji wore standard bottoms instead of thongs) and still had the touching feature but no one really mentions that. Deep crimson even has one playable character that DOES end up topless when beaten.

The reason this is a big issue is because Intimacy Mode (what will happen to Senran Kagura 7EVEN) was something that never got censored before, until Sony had established their new policy which been effecting ecchi/fanservice features (even if it wasn't explicit) after Sony cancelled PS4 release of Super Seducers along with withholding Omega Labyrinth Z (a game I was looking forward to) despite getting the age ratings. Another issue is not getting the features all because of their new policy restricting content (even if it was Japan exclusive), at best other platforms will deliver those features at worst PS members will be stuck with toned down content (which people who likes sex appeal won't accept edited/remove content).

Maybe you can live without groping features (what Katsuragi does), but others such as Myself won't accept this.

Even if the games themselves don't expose the girls that much (since Japan can also be restrictive with sexual content mainly nipples, genitals, intercouse), but this current censorship within Playstation policy is very censor heavy & restrictive. Ideally it would be great if sexual/nudity increase within Japanese console market (similar to Western games), but who knows when it'll happen.

What were 3DS games were like between Japanese & English? (pictures please)

Lulu

Maybe this censorship thing is a blessing in disguise... no offense but the one and only SK game I played had awful gameplay.

The Censorship could help the developers step up and improve in other areas... or it might kill them forever :eek:

Which would be a shame because Daidoji is pretty cool.

Jadeinchains

I never used the diorama like touch feature thing anyway so I really don't care much about that being removed my issue is that we don't know how much longer the game is going to take now because of this. :/
I just hope it's still 2019 it's coming out and that we'll finally actually start seeing stuff from SK7 soon.

P2p1mbs

the one and only SK game I played had awful gameplay.

Seeing how you kept treating the game like dark souls, I think the problem you had was just that you were playing it wrong :rolleyes:

Daidoji is pretty cool.

I can agree with you on this though ;)

I never used the diorama like touch feature thing anyway so I really don't care much about that being removed my issue is that we don't know how much longer the game is going to take now because of this. :/
I just hope it's still 2019 it's coming out and that we'll finally actually start seeing stuff from SK7 soon.

The delay will likely be irrelevant, I'm sure they are far enough along in development that having to remove minor things like the touching minigame wont really have much of an impact in development time.

P2p1mbs

Oh and episode 8 of the anime was great, 4 more episodes left. :eek:

They already confirmed only the shinobi students are left with all the senior shinobi (except Rin) trapped on the island. Seeing how Fubuki's declaration was live-streamed, its likely the new wave teams may actually show up as reinforcements like you predicted ;).

I'm still really hoping Daidoji actually shows up for real though. And maybe seeing True Kagura one-hit-kill Fubuki.

Jadeinchains

They already confirmed only the shinobi students are left with all the senior shinobi (except Rin) trapped on the island. Seeing how Fubuki's declaration was live-streamed, its likely the new wave teams may actually show up as reinforcements like you predicted ;).

I'm still really hoping Daidoji actually shows up for real though. And maybe seeing True Kagura one-hit-kill Fubuki.

Lol that would be great, I was thinking that might happen with only students to fight and the youma now attacking the city that new wave teams might appear to help fight too, I guess we'll see. :)

Lulu

Yeah I said Approach... not treat...

Edit:
I was also going to say They could just shift Focus to PC but apparently Steam is also cracking down on certain types of games... usually its just troll games that are just cluttering the store but who knows... they might go after Fan Service next.

Last edited:

Lulu

Use whatever terminologies you want, either way, you were playing estival versus wrong :rolleyes:

LoL... I played exactly the same way Brute played it... Mind you The Game became more bearable AFTER I "Treated" like Dark Souls because playing it like anything else was exactly where the problem was. But I've already been over this and I don't like to have the same argument over and over again.

Anyway... I have a confession... I'm actually all for Censorship in Games... I'm not even talking about Sexual content only, I don't care much for Violence and Profanity either. Why ? Thats not why I play Games and I've yet to come across any game that can incorporate any of these things into gameplay... infact... The games that suck at Gameplay depend entirely way too much on these aspect so I've always wondered how they will adapt. Except now I don't have to wonder... Now I get to see how the will Adapt. Hopefully not by running away to PC.

JJdude

LoL... I played exactly the same way Brute played it... Mind you The Game became more bearable AFTER I "Treated" like Dark Souls because playing it like anything else was exactly where the problem was. But I've already been over this and I don't like to have the same argument over and over again.

Anyway... I have a confession... I'm actually all for Censorship in Games... I'm not even talking about Sexual content only, I don't care much for Violence and Profanity either. Why ? Thats not why I play Games and I've yet to come across any game that can incorporate any of these things into gameplay... infact... The games that suck at Gameplay depend entirely way too much on these aspect so I've always wondered how they will adapt. Except now I don't have to wonder... Now I get to see how the will Adapt. Hopefully not by running away to PC.
Then the simple option is to play rated E games. No need to tone down something that's made for mature audience. Wouldn't really change the gameplay or focused more on the gameplay if they did. If anything censorship just increases the stigma of "Games are only for kids".

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Then the simple option is to play rated E games. No need to tone down something that's made for mature audience. Wouldn't really change the gameplay or focused more on the gameplay if they did. If anything censorship just increases the stigma of "Games are only for kids".
Plus there's an age rating for a reason xD they act as if children are able to just walk into the store and buy an M rated game xD and even if the parent buys it for you, that's the parents fault tbh since no child should really be playing a game as explicit as SK tbh, its already embarrassing having to walk into a store and buy the game without the staff judging you -_-

Lulu

LoL... thats not a Solution... 90% of the Rated E Games are Licensed Shovelware.

Theres also still The fact that sone of these games have disturbing content in them and the best answer you have is to pretend it doesn't exist ? Not cool bro.

JJdude

LoL... thats not a Solution... 90% of the Rated E Games are Licensed Shovelware.

Theres also still The fact that sone of these games have disturbing content in them and the best answer you have is to pretend it doesn't exist ? Not cool bro.
You can't pretend that their aren't any good Rated E games either. Especially for those who own Nintendo related games. Also if anyone don't want a game too extreme or anything then Rated T games is also an option. Which I think that's what you're going for. Disturbing in what regard? Any game that involves horror, action pack or a post apocalyptic setting is going to have disturbing elements.

P2p1mbs

Plus there's an age rating for a reason xD they act as if children are able to just walk into the store and buy an M rated game xD and even if the parent buys it for you, that's the parents fault tbh since no child should really be playing a game as explicit as SK tbh, its already embarrassing having to walk into a store and buy the game without the staff judging you -_-

I was able to buy M rated games when I was a kid. But then again, my country doesn't follow ESRB ratings despite selling western games and stores don't actually care about age ratings in games. And I always took care to play games beyond my age rating while my parents were away (I even played a modded version of DOAX, you know the kind ;)). I've even seen adult rated games (but nothing involving nudity) in children's toy stores :eek:.

JJdude

I was able to buy M rated games when I was a kid. But then again, my country doesn't follow ESRB ratings despite selling western games and stores don't actually care about age ratings in games. And I always took care to play games beyond my age rating while my parents were away (I even played a modded version of DOAX, you know the kind ;)). I've even seen adult rated games (but nothing involving nudity) in children's toy stores :eek:.
It's funny that I was real close of getting a GTA game when I was young, but the store clerk informed my parents about the contents on the game and ever since I was unable to get any Rated M games. See, that's how parents should do things. Be informed about the games they are buying lol just like with me,

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD