Seth Killian leaves Capcom. Is that good for us¿

Game Over

What I read made it sound like he was hanging up more than the position of CM. I hope he continues to do the EVO thing but it seemed like he was taking a step away from everything Capcom.

He's stepping away from a job. He's not stepping away from his ties to the FGC community. Seth is one of the main supporters of EVO. He WILL be at EVO.

d3v

What I read made it sound like he was hanging up more than the position of CM. I hope he continues to do the EVO thing but it seemed like he was taking a step away from everything Capcom.
Seth is leaving Capcom, NOT the FGC.

RoboJoe

Personally, I'm glad Seth left Capcom. I feel his real strength was in commentating and I hope he goes further in that direction now that he's free.

d3v

He'll most likely still be commentating with Skisonic at EVO. It's still his event (Seth is still part of the EVO advisory board).

Game Over

I, for one, give much congrats to Seth! Moving from community manager to game designer is nice step forward in the industry. I take it he made some good contacts during his time guest-appearing on The Tester.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Too bad the game won't be worth anything. People just randomly explode. Needs health bars and that kind of game isn't really all that fun if it's balanced super well, which is the direction it sounds like they want to go.

Arnell Long

Too bad the game won't be worth anything. People just randomly explode. Needs health bars and that kind of game isn't really all that fun if it's balanced super well, which is the direction it sounds like they want to go.

Other than the big names included within the Title, I see nothing that will pull me over to buy this game as of yet, after playing Smash Bro, Power Stone, and what have you, All Stars is just lacking in the clarity overall...definitely its gameplay. Like you stated, characters just explode and or fly across the screen with little to no impact at all.

Them hiding Health Bars leaving us to only die by Supers, I'm wondering what's the use of Stock anyway lol, might as well just play timed matches. I was stoked for this game until I seen every bit of gameplay videos only to be overwhelmingly disappointed. I'm not going to count it out yet, but I damn show ain't going to count it in either, I just hope it can bounce back and make people wanna play it because of it's "gameplay/mechanics/concept" and not just because of "popular names"...

If anyone can make All Stars the game it "should" be, then Seth is definitely the guy for the Job.

BTW, congrats to Seth, and I approve of this move and hope the best for what he'll bring in the future.

d3v

Other than the big names included within the Title, I see nothing that will pull me over to buy this game as of yet, after playing Smash Bro, Power Stone, and what have you, All Stars is just lacking in the clarity overall...definitely its gameplay. Like you stated, characters just explode and or fly across the screen with little to no impact at all.

Them hiding Health Bars leaving us to only die by Supers, I'm wondering what's the use of Stock anyway lol, might as well just play timed matches. I was stoked for this game until I seen every bit of gameplay videos only to be overwhelmingly disappointed. I'm not going to count it out yet, but I damn show ain't going to count it in either, I just hope it can bounce back and make people wanna play it because of it's "gameplay/mechanics/concept" and not just because of "popular names"...

If anyone can make All Stars the game it "should" be, then Seth is definitely the guy for the Job.

BTW, congrats to Seth, and I approve of this move and hope the best for what he'll bring in the future.
Supers to kill is so that you cannot die through randomness. In other words, no losing because you fell out of the stage, or some random stage gimmick hit you. The only way to die is through the actions of another player. It also supposedly allows for more playstyles, for example Radec is designed to spam projectiles from the edge of the screen - something that wouldn't be as viable in Smash. I believe it's already been mentioned that the mechanic was designed by some of the other EVO finalists in SuperBot.

Arnell Long

Supers to kill is so that you cannot die through randomness. In other words, no losing because you fell out of the stage, or some random stage gimmick hit you. The only way to die is through the actions of another player. It also supposedly allows for more playstyles, for example Radec is designed to spam projectiles from the edge of the screen - something that wouldn't be as viable in Smash. I believe it's already been mentioned that the mechanic was designed by some of the other EVO finalists in SuperBot.

I already know the mechanics, I just dislike that a player can't die from my "normal" attacks like pretty much every other fighting game. I would hate to play Street Fighter and can only kill my opponent if I land a Super and or Ultra. Yes, randomness was there in Smash, that's why people played on certain Stages to prevent that, also, people frequently turned off Final Smashes which is basically your only option that grants you the kill over your opponent in "All-Stars". So I'll keep watch on it to see if its worth me playing it.

So in terms of playstyles, I give it to Smash, because you have "multiple" ways of killing your opponent instead of just Supers. Playing with Mario, Solid Snake, Samus, Bowser, Ike, Zelda, etc all play different from one another and have "MORE" than Supers to do the job. As of now, All-Stars seems more casual friendly than Scramble Mode from a Mugen game. I'm glad Namco and the many talents are working with Smash Bros, it shows that it's evolution in terms of offering more competitive play will be a definite fact.

No more slipping from dry floors...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD