So how do you play this game?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Eh, the way the game is designed, you can still win sets fine with Eliot if you're good at mind games.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
synce said:
Right now it's looking like TN really limited the ways you can play DOA with 5U, just from removal of oki alone. I was hoping they'd at least implement Tekken style bounds for all characters where you can extend juggles all day, making up for the larger lifebar, but no such luck. Right now you have to try landing a slow sit down stun about 5 times, or try to outguess opponent in stun game. The pacing of the fights feel really weak now
-The oki is more akin to that of 3.1. which had a very strong oki game. Players will now need to use down :P: or :K: to force their opponent off the ground, and apply pressure. And like 3.1, players will need to use alot more uramawari, and attacks that force grounded opponents on wake up to chose a specific follow up...ie tech up, down, towards or away. Or get up block...or even get up~step. Trust I know these techniques are in 5U!

HoodsXx

It's funny in how people complain about bounds being ass when if you think about it, most bounds even if they don't net you much damage. Let you not have to play the stun game as much as you did in Vanilla. (I've been hearing about bounds being ass all day)...

d3v

-The oki is more akin to that of 3.1. which had a very strong oki game. Players will now need to use down :P: or :K: to force their opponent off the ground, and apply pressure. And like 3.1, players will need to use alot more uramawari, and attacks that force grounded opponents on wake up to chose a specific follow up...ie tech up, down, towards or away. Or get up block...or even get up~step. Trust I know these techniques are in 5U!
Or just pick Rachel and 2K away.

SilverForte

It's funny in how people complain about bounds being ass when if you think about it, most bounds even if they don't net you much damage. Let you not have to play the stun game as much as you did in Vanilla. (I've been hearing about bounds being ass all day)...

Ryu makes great use of the new bounds.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Hitomi bound is the funniest one I've found, 'cause she does her Osu after it and can't even try to do anything. Hitomi's fine, though, so I don't mind.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I play Leon. I throw and go for launch setups for more throws.
I also play Ein. Stun game into wall rushes.
I still play Mila the way I did in 5 and only have to remember to not go for 3H+K shenanigans while utilizing her new feints.

I play a way that works for me. Something wrong about that?

Creativity isn't that hard to experiment with.

Last edited:

MasterHavik

And how dare we have to get into the mind of our opponent to win, right?

It's no wonder you guys have no idea how to play this game. The entire point of it is lost on you.
Wasn't one of the problems from DOA 4 is that there was too much guessing in it? This looks like the same issue. It is one thing to make a read, but to pretty much do it to win set is kind of lame. but I get the today I'll do my own gameplay to breakdown this issue.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Just gotta get gdlk in Rock Paper Scissors. It's less guessing and more training your opponent. I usually half way throw the first round/game on netplay to check habits and to pretend to have habits I don't really have.

Raansu

This only applies if your character actually has a good bound. There are characters that need full threshold to even have it be a bound, then as others have said with Hitomi doing her little osu after her bound. The idea was great, but it was implemented poorly.

MasterHavik

This only applies if your character actually has a good bound. There are characters that need full threshold to even have it be a bound, then as others have said with Hitomi doing her little osu after her bound. The idea was great, but it was implemented poorly.
Question: Why is she doing a little taunt after a bound? How is that making the character better? I can't wait to get this game man. I got a bad feeling Zack will be doing "I'm right here" after one of his bounds.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
She doesn't do a taunt after bounds. She just does it after 4PPP and 4PPP was changed to force a bound.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD