So how do you play this game?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm not trolling. I went into command training, which I hate for being a separate mode, with a few characters and no one feels right. I'm kind of leaning towards Jacky. I dicked around with Hayate in Vanilla but he feels weird here. I tried Leon, Rachel, Alpha, Akira, Tina, Helena, Bayman, Hayate, Momiji and Ein but none feel right.

Chaos

-Trust me, 5U is not going to boil down to DOA4 style guessing. The game is too far away from that!
Some people don't realize how much better 5U is compare to DOA4. TN has done a outstanding job so far.
That's the thing, I don't know how to get better. Hence why I made a thread asking to be pointed in the right direction. No one seems to want/know how to answer.
Ask virtuaPAI, Allan Paris, Ryujin and any other high level players
for their PSN ID/XBL so they can help you improve your skills. Oh, while you're at it, go watch COW's tutorial videos :)

Last edited:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
This only applies if your character actually has a good bound. There are characters that need full threshold to even have it be a bound, then as others have said with Hitomi doing her little osu after her bound. The idea was great, but it was implemented poorly.

Momiji only gets them in deep threshold, but honestly she doesn't need bounds and has better ways of getting better. Maybe characters has better ways of getting damage?

MasterHavik

Zack lost a bound in 1.01 as a hidden nerf. 4H+K used to bound, but doesn't anymore. Zack can get good damage from a bound shockingly.

Chapstick

I'm not trolling. I went into command training, which I hate for being a separate mode, with a few characters and no one feels right. I'm kind of leaning towards Jacky. I dicked around with Hayate in Vanilla but he feels weird here. I tried Leon, Rachel, Alpha, Akira, Tina, Helena, Bayman, Hayate, Momiji and Ein but none feel right.
Idk depends on how you like to fight. Striker, grappler? Speed, power, confusion?

I'd say try out Hitomi but she's pretty similar to Ein. Whatever, try her out anyway.

Raansu

Momiji only gets them in deep threshold, but honestly she doesn't need bounds and has better ways of getting better. Maybe characters has better ways of getting damage?

My point is, why put them there? Does it not defeat the purpose of its implementation? Why risk a bound at max threshold if your character has far better options? Many characters have more than one launcher mix up that would benefit them more than going for the bound. I feel as if the animation was tacked on to certain characters simply for it to look spiffy because it is a new animation but they never intended for those characters to have tools to take advantage of them. It just seems strange to me and a little disappointing because I feel so much more could of been done with these new tools but they feel very limited atm.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
My point is, why put them there? Does it not defeat the purpose of its implementation? Why risk a bound at max threshold if your character has far better options? Many characters have more than one launcher mix up that would benefit them more than going for the bound. I feel as if the animation was tacked on to certain characters simply for it to look spiffy because it is a new animation but they never intended for those characters to have tools to take advantage of them. It just seems strange to me and a little disappointing because I feel so much more could of been done with these new tools but they feel very limited atm.

Because it is good for a mix up game especially if your opponent is expecting you to go for a CB. You can mix in other ways of getting damage including the bounds.

Raansu

Because it is good for a mix up game especially if your opponent is expecting you to go for a CB. You can mix in other ways of getting damage including the bounds.

But what good is that if you have different launchers at max threshold for the mix up game? The bounds at max threshold are a bit of a waste for the majority of the cast.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Most, if not all, characters have other options at the attack level their bound is at, though, and those options are usually better. So you're essentially mixing up a mid punch launcher that does 50 damage and a mid punch bound that does 30 damage most of the time.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Some people don't realize how much better 5U is compare to DOA4. TN has done a outstanding job so far.
. I have to even say that those who said DOA5U feels like DOA5 Vanilla are terribly mistaken....Like How many players kept saying how DOA5 Vanilla felt like DOA4.5...Well 5U feels like it left off where DOA3.1 ended!! Many of us back in the day would talk about strikes having "priority" over other strikes.....Like Hayate's "unbeatable elbow"...Well they brought that back in full force. So now we need to know which strikes will outright beat another(have priority) when executed at the same time.

MasterHavik

. I have to even say that those who said DOA5U feels like DOA5 Vanilla are terribly mistaken....Like How many players kept saying how DOA5 Vanilla felt like DOA4.5...Well 5U feels like it left off where DOA3.1 ended!! Many of us back in the day would talk about strikes having "priority" over other strikes.....Like Hayate's "unbeatable elbow"...Well they brought that back in full force. So now we need to know which strikes will outright beat another(have priority) when executed at the same time.
I call it the rebritih of doa 3.` even though i never played 3.1 before. that is base off of from what i have heard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD