Some gameplay issues with DOA6?

MasterHavik

They did and that hurt the game's overall attendance at trounaments. No more force techs unless people forget to tech getting rid of moves safe on block and bunch of other stuff. Their game balance was kind of questionable.

MasterHavik

Who could forget that? LOL! If they just llessen the advantage of some of the force techs we would have been good.

Normal

Here is new gameplay footage from E3

Very early in the fight Jann Lee does a sidestep attack for a lot of damage... seems like way too much damage.

And new fatal rush combo seems too good? It causes critical stun with each hit so it is possible to cancel and get a free launcher? You don't even need to complete rush combo to connect break blow for damage opportunity if you can cancel and launch for a juggle. Maybe the fatal rush should use meter.

Normal

Yes meter seems to fill really fast I agree
Each fighter has potetial to use their break blow two times per round. I think it should be like street fighter 4 Ultra attack and really only possible one time per round. I like the close up punch but it will become boring if seen too much.

My mistake, I think Jann Lee used running punch not sidestep attack. Running punch into break blow did 75% damage though. Too much damage!

Last edited:

Raansu

^ At 3:12. Helena wastes her meter, and then four seconds later, it's half full again. That seems way too fast.

Its because everything fills it. Blocking, attacking, throwing, getting thrown, taking damage. Every damn little thing fills it up and the damn thing carries over to the next round. I'm really nervous at how fast it fills. I already don't like the idea of a meter to begin with and I feel that it should be difficult to get a full meter in one round kind of like its near impossible to get all 7 balls in dbzF.

Normal

Everything on that S button needs to take meter in one form or another. Close Hit sidesteps are absolutely monstrous and just as effective in practice as a raw Break Blow, and the sidestep is on the S button so hell yeah, either remove it or tone down the damage or make it use meter. And the meter itself should be cut into two parts, where one of those parts is cut into four. Every hit of a Fatal Rush should consume one of these smaller parts given it is cancellable to reap the Fatal Stun at any point, and every other S button move should just take 1/2 meter to pull off. With a full 2 part meter, someone can burn 4/8ths on a Fatal Rush and then the last 1/2 on the Break Blow followup
How about instead of four part meter for fatal rush, the fatal rush becomes a whole automatic combo with one "S" press and it uses half meter as soon as you use it? You could cancel out of continuing fatal rush with :h:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
How about instead of four part meter for fatal rush, the fatal rush becomes a whole automatic combo with one "S" press and it uses half meter as soon as you use it? You could cancel out of continuing fatal rush with :h:
How about instead of 1 button, remove the auto combo as a whole? Ain’t nobody want that.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
That isnt DOA though. Unless you inflict stun
How about instead of 1 button, remove the auto combo as a whole? Ain’t nobody want that.
They don't need to remove it all together it's good for new players to have something like that. What they should do is make it susceptible to regular and advanced holds. It's one thing for new players to have an easy way of comboing, it's another to make them immune to one of the biggest DOA staples and what separates it from other 3D fighters.

Raansu

That isnt DOA though. Unless you inflict stun

They don't need to remove it all together it's good for new players to have something like that. What they should do is make it susceptible to regular and advanced holds. It's one thing for new players to have an easy way of comboing, it's another to make them immune to one of the biggest DOA staples and what separates it from other 3D fighters.

I actually like that they are unholdable. They don't do a lot of damage and a 20-25 frame high attack is a pretty huge risk.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I actually like that they are unholdable. They don't do a lot of damage and a 20-25 frame high attack is a pretty huge risk.
This is a fair point, I just feel like new players shouldn't feel like there's an avenue that ignores proper hold reads as it's a core principal of the game. It's a combo that removes all need for mixups and while they always start high and are slow start up it still feels kind of gimmicky and will encourage bad habits.

Ultimately you're right though as an experienced player if FA is why you're losing matches you... Really have bigger problems than just FA going on.

Normal

This is a fair point, I just feel like new players shouldn't feel like there's an avenue that ignores proper hold reads as it's a core principal of the game. It's a combo that removes all need for mixups and while they always start high and are slow start up it still feels kind of gimmicky and will encourage bad habits.

Ultimately you're right though as an experienced player if FA is why you're losing matches you... Really have bigger problems than just FA going on.
I feel fatal rush should use meter, that way we get a new system mechanic feature but also it cannot be spammed as a new player might try to mash "S" button.

Raansu

I feel fatal rush should use meter, that way we get a new system mechanic feature but also it cannot be spammed as a new player might try to mash "S" button.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think since we have these meters it would be amazing if defensive holds were tied to them. You'd actually have to make a calculated decision on your hold instead of just willy nilly throwing it out there or spamming low holds to get out of stuns. Like the hold would burn something like 10% of the meter. It would keep how often the meter maxes out in a round as well.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Honestly, I seen and finally confirmed for myself that you can use parts of the Fatal Rush rather than follow it completely.

Then that means it can be incorporated into combos hopefully and actually be like DBFZ in that fashion(Yes there are autocombos in that game but the main autocombos have a normal that can only be done in the autocombo and they have their uses because of that within actual combos for certain characters).

But I will admit that the Break Blows are VERY underwhelming and they lack the coolness of Power Blows so I honestly hope they are placeholders... but because of that, I do hope they make the meter gain FAR less than that as it is ridiculous that you can gain huge amounts of meter from anything.

Raansu

Honestly, I seen and finally confirmed for myself that you can use parts of the Fatal Rush rather than follow it completely.

Then that means it can be incorporated into combos hopefully and actually be like DBFZ in that fashion(Yes there are autocombos in that game but the main autocombos have a normal that can only be done in the autocombo and they have their uses because of that within actual combos for certain characters).

But I will admit that the Break Blows are VERY underwhelming and they lack the coolness of Power Blows so I honestly hope they are placeholders... but because of that, I do hope they make the meter gain FAR less than that as it is ridiculous that you can gain huge amounts of meter from anything.

According to the write up from DrDogg the fatal rush stun is basically a critical burst. You can use it while a player is stunned and the stun property from fatal rush makes the next attack unholdable. In theory we can use it as a mix up to get an unholdable launcher after hitting with 2 or 3 hits of the fatal rush.

I definitely like the power blows more. For one its tied to health and seeing one thrown out raw is rare so when a PB is pulled off it feels more rewarding. This break blow thing can be used in juggles and its also a sabaki and seems most just end with a slow mo punch to the face with a super awkward transition into the animation. I'm meh on the entire thing, especially given how easily it seems to max out the meter. You might see one power blow an entire match, maybe two. This break blow we'll probably see 4 or 5 in a 3 round match and this damn thing does like 40% damage. Bleh.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD