Soul Calibur Thread

Leifang

This scene looks epic and intense.
1.jpg

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
New PSX trailer!

Game looks so good here. Beautiful looking stage. Awesome thing is that SCV still looks good even today (only hurt by the 720p resolution), and I still love how much better this is looking so far.

Hopefully next year I can drool at both SCVI and a potential DOA6! #yearofthe6?

d3v

Here's hoping they've realized why people keep coming back to SC2 and give us back good frame data and step-guard or a similar mechanic.

Namco spent the past 3 games trying to make a game without the stuff that made SC2 work, and it's high time they just went back to it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
New PSX trailer!

While that stage looks nice...it is imo a poor Soul Calibur stage. It's just really bland and boring, just rocks and snow, and could be like that in a Tekken or DOA as well. Soul Calibur stages need to be fantastical and imaginative, with amazing backdrops.

I really hope they won't skimp on the fantastical stage design in this game. Soul Calibur 3 is the game they need to live up to.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Wow I’m speechless... the fact that this is potentially a reboot is so exciting! Comparing the similarities to SC1 will keep me thoroughly entertained. I’m hoping the character models are still being worked on however, the crispy hair and plastic skin texture isn’t doing it for me (I want to see pores, moles, scars, sweat etc.)
But what really had me stunned was seeing defensive play rewarded

Fingers crossed for my homegirl setsuka

Shiranui

I really really like the new look of this new Soul Calibur. It feels very nostalgic for those who have played Soul Blade and first Soul Calibur. It looks more Soul Calibur and less Tekken, and that's very good from my point of view. As for mechanics it looks promising. Signature moves, classic flavour but with some news like Resevarsal Edge.

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

Bu Bu But I thought since Noctis was announce for Tekken's guest character that automatically ment no SCVI :rolleyes:

Either way Im in for the PC version, Should be able to max this out at 4k 60fps like i can with T7...Just bring back Hwang or at the very least Yun Seong and you will have my money 100% guaranteed Namco

Macca Beam

I puked at "Unreal Engine". V looked much better and was actually capable of doing translucent materials
They got Sophitia's hair to the correct color in 3, I don't know why every subsequent game is bent on screwing it up
I'm looking forward to see Reversal Edge but I'm not a fan of cutscene supers AGAIN
At least the music is still on point

Nyte

Bu Bu But I thought since Noctis was announce for Tekken's guest character that automatically ment no SCVI :rolleyes:

Either way Im in for the PC version, Should be able to max this out at 4k 60fps like i can with T7...Just bring back Hwang or at the very least Yun Seong and you will have my money 100% guaranteed Namco
I honestly never got the correlation with that.

DontForkWitMe

I honestly never got the correlation with that.

People just jumping to conclusions since according to them he fits more in the soul calibur universe and since Namco added him in Tekken 7 instead it clearly meant that soul calibur VI was never happening in their eyes.

Either way SC and guest characters go hand and hand my top choices are if they are going with a multiplatform guest character then Geralt from The Witcher should be a shoe-in along with Ciri

If going the SC2 route and give each platform their own guest then it should be

PS4-Aloy from Horizon/The Hunter from Bloodbourne

PC-A World of Warcraft or League of Legends character

Xbone-A Killer Instinct character like Spinal, Maya, or Tusk

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This looks like SC4 HD, ten years later. Hearing them gushing about the graphics in there is already funny to me. (The advanced cloth physics of the trailers are gone here by the way in case you didn't notice.) They are clearly reusing assets and animations from 10 years ago. The footage was apparently also PC footage at max settings, so it won't look nearly as good on consoles and like Tekken 7 it will barely hit a 720p resolution on Xbox One.
I so wished they'd throw UE4 out and use their own proprietary graphics engine again. That would of course cost more time and money... :/

Last edited:

Nyte

This looks like SC4 HD, ten years later. Hearing them gushing about the graphics in there is already funny to me. (The advanced cloth physics of the trailers are gone here by the way in case you didn't notice.) They are clearly reusing assets and animations from 10 years ago. The footage was apparently also PC footage at max settings, so it won't look nearly as good on consoles and like Tekken 7 it will barely hit a 720p resolution on Xbox One.
I so wished they'd throw UE4 out and use their own proprietary graphics engine again. That would of course cost more time and money... :/
What is this, 2013?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD