Soul Calibur Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The new Nightmare who I think was Graf Dumas Tira hated since he wasn't outwardly evil like the original so she deemed him a coward and tried to find the host herself. She really hated him in SC5, if the two of them fight she makes it very obvious she thinks he's a fake

Nyte

Nothing new on Facebook today, which was a bummer. I wanted to see what the new tournament would be.

Res17

As much as i'd love for it to be announced at TGS, i don't think it will. I mean i'm hoping that it would, but waiting until Tekken 7 is out in order for Bandai Namco to announce and start focusing on SCVI seems to be the reality here. It sucks, but reality's harsh i guess. :/

Jadeinchains

It should be, I'm prepared tho if it isn't, already suffered recent disappointments and injustices to ready myself for whatever outcome lies ahead.

Yeah I'm thinking the same way that I'm prepared for it not being announced but hope that it is, they're missing a big opportunity though if they cause all this hype just to not announce it.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah we can't give up guys, they're definitely gonna likely reveal something, all that SC lost swords money and teasing can't all be for naught. I wanna be able to play Sophitia the heavenly mother at least one more time before I'm 20. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
As much as i'd love for it to be announced at TGS, i don't think it will. I mean i'm hoping that it would, but waiting until Tekken 7 is out in order for Bandai Namco to announce and start focusing on SCVI seems to be the reality here. It sucks, but reality's harsh i guess. :/

Except that the Soul Calibur and Tekken series have always coexisted right next to each other. In most cases they were even released in the same year:
-Tekken 4 & SC 2 in 2002
-Tekken 5 & SC3 in 2005
-TTT2 & SC5 in 2012
Just some months apart. Meaning, they were also announced and promoted right next to each other. There is no harm at all to announce one game while the other is already for 2 years announced, over one year available in arcades and in less than half a year out on console.
Soul Calibur also has a very different fighting mechanic and fanbase than Tekken, both don't really cannibalize each other.
The rule that SC6 can't be announced before T7 is out on consoles (which I see often claimed in different internet forums) is made up and has actually no precedent.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope joke weapons come back
SCIV_-_Foxtail.jpg

They were so fun and silly to use, plus they had special hit effect sounds that made them unique to the series. Best joke weapons imo were the ones in SC4 and SC2.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I liked the crazy weapons like kebabs and giant squids and I also liked just unlocking weapons so I hope that comes back.

Also I think SC6 could be announced while Tekken 7 is coming outni just don't think it will come out until a while after Tekken 7 comes out.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Bandai Namco announces their TGS 2016 lineup:

Console:
  • Crows: Burning Edge (PS4) – Trailer
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4) – Playable, Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • Gundam: Battle Operation Next (PS4, PS3) – Trailer
  • The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution (PSVR) – Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • Little Nightmares (PS4, PC) – Trailer
  • Macross Delta Scramble (PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • One Piece: Great Pirate Colosseum (3DS) – Playable, Trailer
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4, XBO, PC) – Trailer
  • SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • Summer Lesson (PSVR) – Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization (PS4, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • Tekken 7 (PS4, XBO, PC) – Playable, Trailer, Live Stream, Stage
  • and more…
Handheld:
  • Aikatsu Stars! My Special Appeal (3DS) – Playable, Trailer
  • All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution (3DS) – Trailer, Family Stage
  • Chou Sentouchuu: Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! (3DS) – Playable, Trailer
  • Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Stage, Family Stage
  • Disney Magical World 2 (3DS) – Playable, Trailer
  • Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger: Battle Cube Puzzle (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Family Stage
  • Dragon Ball Fusions (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
  • Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan: Shijou Psi Dai no Psi-nan!? (3DS0 – Playable, Trailer
  • Taiko Drum Master Dokodon! Mystery Adventure (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Family Stage
I'll spare us the smartphone list which is actually the longest, lol.

Of course no mention of Soul Calibur 6 but it wouldn't be a surprise announcement then anymore, would it? ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yess!!! I want Sophitia, Zasalamel, Yun Seung, and Seung Mina to win.

EDIT: Forgot this was a popularity contest vote, in that case I wish for Sophitia to win, although Talim will likely beat her based on her previous popularity standing which I don't mind.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD