Super Smash Bros. Thread

Kasumi-Phase-X

I've been playing SSB 3DS for months from trying to unlock everything, including the last challenge that I have to do which involves unlocking all the custom items. (which to be honest can be a chore at times when it comes to what you may end up getting from slots in Classic Mode, looking for Custom Item by via Smash Run & Trophy Rush which the items can be random. What I do find weird is that you can sell the equipment/stat effects but not being able to buy them by via gold)

Overall, I've enjoy playing SSB on the 3DS from the additional characters they've added in, fighting Master Core which I thought was a pretty interesting boss and can provide a challenge, did enjoy going through Smash Run from collecting boost (plus finding custom items) which is different than the traditional adventure mode from the past (although the time in smash battles can be way too short which is 1mins instead of 2mins or longer when it came to Smash Run), and love the customizations they've added in from custom moves for defaults & Miis, the equipment which gives you different effects along with downgrading effects (like Power decrease Defense, Defense decrease Speed, & Speed decrease Power), even the Miis have items you can custom like hats & outfits (its not 100% like Tekken, VF, or SC customization). What does kinda suck for Me is that you can't fight against random players online with their custom fighters (I wouldn't expected it to be in For Glory), and only is playable in friend matches. I think for 3DS the details & models looks really nice, not perfect I've seen worst when it came to handhelds.

I'm really looking forward getting My Wii U version of SSB. What I'm very excited for is the stage builder from what I've seen so far is you can only create level/terrain by via stylus from the Wii U game pad, and depending on what background you choose you get certain ground themes (Space would give you a future or asteroid type grounds or this one background that looks like a town which they have ground design something you'd find in Kirby or Yoshi theme). I can't wait to find the hidden stages, and there is Smash Orders & Smash Tour looks like you can get more items than the one in 3DS that I've already mention.

Can't wait until its Nov. 21, all I can do is continue playing 3DS version until I have everything & watch videos from Wii U version.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
The new patch, 1.0.4., is out now!

I did learn that Greninja, Bowser, and Rosalina got nerfed. Little Mac got a buff for his KO punch and a nerf for his jabs. ZSS got buffed. Meta Knight got buffed. I think there's more...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I heard about the situation with Greninja and Rosalina, not surprised. Although Bowser on the other hand, not sure what to say about that one.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Nerfing characters for no reason already, eh? I'll bet they didn't even bother to buff Ganon.

*EDIT* - Okay, it appears that Ganon did seem to acquire a few, minor buffs.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Three hours to go. Let's see if Nintendo pulls it off. Digital copy is ready to go.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Add vgmkyle if you want to play with me tonight. :) At midnight for me. I decided to go to retail because I can't figure out how to get my external to work on the Wii U.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I was very surprised. My game actually unlocked about ten minutes early. Now if only Nintendo didn't massively fuck up the controls and having to manually select them every match. Seriously, that blows. In modes where you are given a character like event matches you have to use default. Fucking Nintendo.

Ghosty-J

I was very surprised. My game actually unlocked about ten minutes early. Now if only Nintendo didn't massively fuck up the controls and having to manually select them every match. Seriously, that blows. In modes where you are given a character like event matches you have to use default. Fucking Nintendo.
I've been playing it the entire evening and loving it to bits. But what you said is true. Having to manually set the controls before every match is a GIGANTIC sour note in my experience. The Gamecube controller adapter I pre-ordered just went in stock. If I can get through the menus with just that controller, then maybe I won't have to worry about setting my buttons every single time I go to a character select screen since it's something I'm more familiar with :/

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD