Super Smash Bros. Thread

Argentus

It was stronger in Brawl? Hmm I don't know.. I haven't played Brawl in awhile, but I feel like his new Down Smash is better when it comes to killing power. The old one looked cooler though for the Fighters reference. But, I really wish they changed his Side B to Boost or something.
I dunno if it had more actual damage but aesthetically it looked like a harder hitting move

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So far I see it's mostly custom move changes. Ike's custom changes look fine for what I gave him. But, I am not satisfied with the decrease in shield damage for Marth and Lucina's N-Special 1...

Eh.. well I'm glad Sheik seems to be untouched.

The reason for the nerf is because Shield damage in general has been nerfed.

LightSonic

Well, I guess that makes it a bit more fair then. I really wanted some buffs in this patch though for some like Meta Knight.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It's basically a mis-timed air dodge from neutral. I can imagine this has been long in use but now people are realizing it is actually a thing.

It amazes me how the Leon forums keep finding stuff even up to last week when we thought we found just about everything we could in the first two months of 5 Ultimate. Same can be said of a lot of fighting games with an intricate system. Was it VF2 or 3 where they just found some Throw/Guard/Strike option select after twenty years of the game being released? If Smash tournaments played with a slightly altered rule set they could probably find some more tech that could change how you survive at high percentages.

KwonJigglypuff

Mine :

TOP 3
1. Princess Peach
2. Princess Zelda
3. Princess Jigglypuff

WORST 3
1. Dark Pit
2. Sonic
3. Metaknight

I have a thing for Palutena recently. I do like her a lot, even though I don't like the fact we must rely too much on her customs. She is so unsafe with her A moves, it's annoying. But her design is nice and her Lightspeed custom great to balance.

I miss the Ice Climbers a lot. They were my 4th character in Brawl and their mechanic was so lovable.

I can't wait for a Smash reboot though. So many characters to add and remove.

KwonJigglypuff

The good old days...

29xckgh.png

Anyway guys, who do you think is the upcoming new character ?
And who did you vote for the Smash ballot ?

KING JAIMY

Wait... they will release another character?!

If it's a classic, I assume the Ice Climbers will make a return. If it's a newcomer, then it could be basically anyone. People already mentioned King K. Rool, Toad, Waluigi, Krystal, Dixie Kong and a few others.

Jaguar360

What's your 3 favourite characters and 3 least favourite ones in Smash ?
Favs
  1. Greninja - Main and favorite Pokemon. Top 3 in mobility and feels great to control. Hydro Pump is awesome. Above all else: water swords!
  2. Yoshi - Favorite overall video game character and unique playstyle with the mix of mobility, a flexible projectile and unique double jump.
  3. Zelda - Designated bottom tier of the series, but really fun to play and very strong. Has a lot of room for growth.
I like everyone, but:
  1. Rosalina & Luma - Character with lots of cheese with u-air and u-tilt killing unreasonably early at times, space pillow is an annoying wall...Luma's just kind of ridiculous. I like the actual characters for who they are though and admittedly enjoy using them in Smash.
  2. Lucario - My 3rd favorite Pokemon, but he's not as fun as he was in Brawl and his aura was really overtuned in this game.
  3. Diddy Kong - Just an annoying character in general, even after the nerfs from way back. He is fun to play though and I like seeing the stuff other people can do with him using the rocketbarrels and banana combos.

LightSonic

I just want them to make an updated version of the game on their next console. We could get more characters and stages, and Ice Climbers would work.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD