News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Brute

Standard Donor
Sex isn't gender. Sex is fun! (that's how that saying goes, right?)
Sex is a biological distinction. Gender is a socially constructed distinction.

"Sex" here is not referring to intercourse, but rather what reproductive organs and the such you were born with (or arguably acquired at some time).

Argentus

Sex is a biological distinction. Gender is a socially constructed distinction.

"Sex" here is not referring to intercourse, but rather what reproductive organs and the such you were born with (or arguably acquired at some time).
so...yes? For the record, I wouldn't mind having been born a girl. I don't identify as one, but based on my current tastes, and I would likely have retained them due to the tomboyish nature, I can say this: I woulda been one SEXY BITCH.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I hope QJ will come back soon, as at this point chances of adding your costume to the game are really high!

The chances will remain the same. It's not the costume's fault one of the designers suddenly decides to act all pouty. This design was chosen by Team Ninja as one of the best and it remains one of the best, even with the designer gone. (The rights to the design have gone to Team Ninja anyway.) Also, let Rawbie claim the prize. That's only fair.

Last edited:

Nightpup

I don't think TN ever actually said selected costumes would make it in the game. I mean yeah they did that for DOA4 and DOA2U but still

Rawbietussin

Well, QJ sent me back he's done with DOA and doesn't want the prize. So I don't know what you should do.

Admittedly, I told QJ to represent himself as the designer and told him to state that the design was his while the drawing was mine in order to "play safe" on the rules. It also means giving QJ full rights to possess it and claim any prize if it wins anything.

Same case with the Sarah and Jacky entries I did for JDSILVA and Patrick Wimmer but since the Christie entry lost a representative, I'd probably look like an idiot claiming an entry that isn't mine even if I'm the one who truly designed it in the first place. :/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's kindergarten, Rawbie. If Chapstick can contact QJ, then why can't you get into contact with him to talk this over? Even if he now doesn't care for the prize or DOA in general anymore, he owes you, for doing the design for him. The very least he can do now, is to ask Team Ninja, when they contact him, to send the prize to your address. He is still the winning designer, you are not claiming anything, but he presents the prize to you. TN shouldn't have any problems with that either. As easy as that.

Chapstick

That's kindergarten, Rawbie. If Chapstick can contact QJ, then why can't you get into contact with him to talk this over?
I know him on psn and he was online when I messaged him.

He doesn't check FSD anymore and idk about his youtube since that's DOA related as well. There's no good way to contact him.

Rawbietussin

My only means of getting in touch with QJ is through here. I doubt the guy has an FB and I rarely go there. QJ sent the Christie entry via Twitter. If anything, Kronin tried to message him on his YT Channel just in case he might reply there.

David Gregg

@Rawbietussin contact TN with your FB profile (they know you were a designer b/c I tagged you as the designer when I uploaded the fan made pic) and explain the situation that you and QJ collaborated however you haven't been able to contact him and he has stopped playing DOA and refuses to use his DOA twitter account.

They may wait say a week or 2 to see if QJ responds to claim his prize but at least you would eventually get it (as opposed to no one getting anything. :/)

Rawbietussin

If that were the case, I don't mind giving my address out. I just hope TN send the prizes here as early as they could. I'm moving out of my house by the 2nd week of June. xD

@Rawbietussin contact TN with your FB profile (they know you were a designer b/c I tagged you as the designer when I uploaded the fan made pic) and explain the situation that you and QJ collaborated however you haven't been able to contact him and he has stopped playing DOA and refuses to use his DOA twitter account.

They may wait say a week or 2 to see if QJ responds to claim his prize but at least you would eventually get it (as opposed to no one getting anything. :/)

I'll try to do that but I doubt I'll get a response (or anything at all). It took me about a day and a half to get them to upload my Helena entry on the contest.

Argentus

Admittedly, I told QJ to represent himself as the designer and told him to state that the design was his while the drawing was mine in order to "play safe" on the rules. It also means giving QJ full rights to possess it and claim any prize if it wins anything.

Same case with the Sarah and Jacky entries I did for JDSILVA and Patrick Wimmer but since the Christie entry lost a representative, I'd probably look like an idiot claiming an entry that isn't mine even if I'm the one who truly designed it in the first place. :/
same deal with Fork and the Leon design, while I submitted the Mila.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD