News Team NINJA Costume Contest

JKT

Technically, they were my roleplaying friends back when I was in high school. It just so happens that we all have an interest towards gaming. xD
Nice XD. Its always good to have something in common with your friends ^_^.

My handful of friends have nothing in common with me apart from the fact that we were in the same class in university lol

Shiranui

Thank you! :) Will you participate in the Halloween contest?
LOL. With what happened to my design last time? No, thanks. I hardly doubt I participate again in a facebook art contest. If they change the rules (through a website with a password or something like that) I could change my mind.
On the other hand, Halloween is not my cup of tea. I'm not really interested in Halloween costumes.

I wish luck to all participants, anyway! I'll look forward the contest :)

Rawbietussin

Nice XD. Its always good to have something in common with your friends ^_^.

My handful of friends have nothing in common with me apart from the fact that we were in the same class in university lol

My friends irl barely shares this interest I have so I'm usually a lone wolf. Most things they ever talk about are typical stuff like crushes, favorite songs/artists and food (lol).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
LOL. With what happened to my design last time? No, thanks. I hardly doubt I participate again in a facebook art contest. If they change the rules (through a website with a password or something like that) I could change my mind.
On the other hand, Halloween is not my cup of tea. I'm not really interested in Halloween costumes.

Apparently the voting won't be on Facebook this time. :) What's the problem with the Halloween theme? Your Spider Clan costume for example would have fit perfectly with Halloween too.

JKT

My friends irl barely shares this interest I have so I'm usually a lone wolf. Most things they ever talk about are typical stuff like crushes, favorite songs/artists and food (lol).
Same here. We'll be lone wolves together (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ...

To not derail the thread further in case I get in trouble, I'll change the topic.

What do you guys envision Momiji wearing for Halloween?

Rawbietussin

What do you guys envision Momiji wearing for Halloween?

I can think of her as a Yuki-Onna with her fire spell attacks turned into ice spell attacks just for this specific costume. (Similar to how Kasumi's pink rabbit costume from DOA1 has her cherry blossoms changed into carrots)

Shiranui

Apparently the voting won't be on Facebook this time. :) What's the problem with the Halloween theme? Your Spider Clan costume for example would have fit perfectly with Halloween too.
Really? I didn't know that. I'll check. Hmm.. we don't celebrate Halloween in my country, so I guess Halloween is like a foreign thing to me. Besides this, I like real costumes, and Halloween thing is more about "disguises" than real costumes... I'm not sure if I explained it right. Sorry, my english stinks x___x
My costume fits with Halloween?? Oh, you wound me T__T

JKT

I can think of her as a Yuki-Onna with her fire spell attacks turned into ice spell attacks just for this specific costume. (Similar to how Kasumi's pink rabbit costume from DOA1 has her cherry blossoms changed into carrots)
Hmm nice idea ^_^. Don't know if TN would want to do that for our entries though :\

Kronin

OMG, I got my prizes today too! *o* I got the Kasumi jacket (which is really cool), the blanket and the artbook.Team Ninja even signed it and the lead character designer drew my Eliot. I'm so honored! ;o;

14394602691_b11d2d2c5e_o.jpg

Lol, and you said that they were making everything for forgetting the existence of your design... seems to me just the opposite! ;)

Congtratulations Tyaren, this was an awesome prize and the deserving one for the winner of the contest!

Still nothing of official, but in a comment on facebook TN stated like they are thinking to use their official site for holding the Halloween one.

I had also tagged you Shiranui in the post where I reported the news the first time, saying that maybe was just also for the hack of your design that TN decided to not use Facebook for their next contest.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Our country doesn't celebrate Halloween either (but that's because my country is an over-religious nutcase) yet kids and some adults still celebrate it regardless.

Hmm nice idea ^_^. Don't know if TN would want to do that for our entries though :\

If they done it before, it's not unlikely for it to happen.

JKT

Our country doesn't celebrate Halloween either (but that's because my country is an over-religious nutcase) yet kids and some adults still celebrate it regardless.

If they done it before, it's not unlikely for it to happen.
Thanks! That gives me hope ^_^.

I have something in mind but I'm not sure how "Halloween"ish it is. The idea I've been thinking of for ages is...*drumroll"... a phoenix! I wasn't going to dress her completely in bird feathers, but I wanted elements that make you think of a phoenix. Something like this:

phoenix-costume-2.jpg

The problem I'm having is that people may find the idea in my head similar to the Kasumi entry from before >_<!

Shiranui

Still nothing of official, but in a comment on facebook TN stated like they are thinking to use their official site for holding the Halloween one.

I had also tagged you Shiranui in the post where I reported the news the first time, saying that maybe was just also for the hack of your design that TN decided to not use Facebook for their next contest.
Oh, sorry. I missed. Thanks anyway. Now I have seen in their facebook page more info is coming about this contest. I'll stay tuned :)

Rawbietussin

Thanks! That gives me hope ^_^.

I have something in mind but I'm not sure how "Halloween"ish it is. The idea I've been thinking of for ages is...*drumroll"... a phoenix! I wasn't going to dress her completely in bird feathers, but I wanted elements that make you think of a phoenix. Something like this:

phoenix-costume-2.jpg

The problem I'm having is that people may find the idea in my head similar to the Kasumi entry from before >_<!

Kasumi had a phoenix costume entry from the first contest? I don't seem to recall.

Were you going for an armored costume? Somehow, the image reminded me of the Harpie Lady Sisters from the Yu-Gi-Oh series.

HarpieLadySisters-EN-Anime-DM.jpg

JKT

Kasumi had a phoenix costume entry from the first contest? I don't seem to recall.

Were you going for an armored costume? Somehow, the image reminded me of the Harpie Lady Sisters from the Yu-Gi-Oh series.

HarpieLadySisters-EN-Anime-DM.jpg
No she didn't have a phoenix entry.

Ah I forgot all about the Harpie Lady Sistars from Yu-Gi-Oh XD. Wow nostalgia hits me lol

I was thinking of armour, but I somehow have to make it "phoenix" like for it to be "Halloween" ish. I don't want it to be full of feathers though, which was why I wanted it similar to the pic I showed before. I guess the Harpy Lady Sisters armour is similiar to what I had in mind as well ^_^

However, people may think the ideas in my head may look similar to the very popular Kasumi entry (the blue and skimpy one). So, I don't want to seem like I'm copying it but adding a few feathers here and there XD. That's why I'm unsure about this idea of mine :p.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Ah I forgot all about the Harpie Lady Sistars from Yu-Gi-Oh XD. Wow nostalgia hits me lol

I was thinking of armour, but I somehow have to make it "phoenix" like for it to be "Halloween" ish. I don't want it to be full of feathers though, which was why I wanted it similar to the pic I showed before.

However, the ideas in my head may look similar to the very popular Kasumi entry (the blue and skimpy one). So, I don't want people thinking I'm just copying it but adding a few feathers here and there XD. That's why I'm unsure about this idea of mine :p.

Tried my hand in creating a Gaia Avatar of what you got in mind.
image.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
OMG, I got my prizes today too! *o* I got the Kasumi jacket (which is really cool), the blanket and the artbook.Team Ninja even signed it and the lead character designer drew my Eliot. I'm so honored! ;o;

14394602691_b11d2d2c5e_o.jpg
Congratulations Tyaren! is that a new Artbook or the one in DOA5 Collectors edition?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD