Team NINJA Debuts Get Ready Fight Official Tutorial Series

Kasumi

Team NINJA has started putting together an official tutorial series aimed at bringing in players who aren't already members of the FIghting Game community or genre as a whole. They have released their first video of the Get Ready Fight series which goes over Basic Strikes and string input delays.
It is going to take sometime to explain everything but keep in mind this is aimed for people with no experience in fighting games.

Last edited by a moderator:

CFW

This is very good for beginners and people who wanna get into the game. Finally a FIGHTING game.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Just free cancel instead of delaying. This game's delay window is too wide for those sort of delay attempts and you can actually lose critical stun extension attempt.

This is something that should be taught from the basic actually. The sooner a casual player know of this and make it a habit to do it at the right time, the sooner they'd get used to the controls of this game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why not just embrace the freecancel instead?

Just free cancel instead of delaying. This game's delay window is too wide for those sort of delay attempts and you can actually lose critical stun extension attempt.

This is something that should be taught from the basic actually. The sooner a casual player know of this and make it a habit to do it at the right time, the sooner they'd get used to the controls of this game.

Teach them the very basics. Then they will understand better the ability to make it easier on themselves.

In short, I'm sure the next video will teach her that.

KING JAIMY

This is going to be a great series for newcomers to the series or fighting games in general! This is the feedback I posted in the 'Recent Media' section:

This video is quite helpful for newer players. The good thing about this video is that it teaches newer people not to mash and let them learn about delaying their movestrings. Even though the combo advice is not practical (almost all strikes are highs so there's a good chance you will get held somewhere in between), it teaches the newer players the basics of striking their opponent.

I also suggest using H-cancel to cancel your string immediately so you don't have to wait until the string's active frames end. On the other hand, that tactic is quite advanced so it may indeed be a good thing to start off with just waiting and delaying.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Glad to see Team Ninja doing this. Loving all the support that this game has gotten from its developer, which is why I keep coming back to DOA and enjoying it.

ChaolanLegacy

Is it me,or this stage just looks gorgeous in Last Round compared to Ultimate? Anyhow,this is a good way to make people to stop mashing attacks,and get used to the basic gameplay of this game.Hopefully this is the start of a very detailed series of good tutorials for this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD