Team Ninja details next upcoming patch for Dead or Alive 5

Team Ninja.jpg

A few short moments ago, director Yohei Shimbori tweeted a flurry of tweets with info on the next upcoming patch for Dead or Alive 5, shedding light on what we can expect.

He offers up some exciting details on what we can look forward to, but did not confirm an exact date as to when the next patch will be rolling out. Nonetheless, some pretty nifty stuff awaits.

Here are the patch details that Shimbori noted:

-[D-YS] I've finally had a chance to check out a few of the tweaks, so here are a few bits of info about the next patch.

-[D-YS] First, it looks like we can clear up the huge lag that happened on some stages for online fights.

-[D-YS] Now you should be able to fight without worrying about what stage you're on.

-[D-YS] Next, you'll be able to view opponent information before the start of a ranked match.

-[D-YS] You'll see their name, connection speed, grade, etc. all before you actually accept the fight

-[D-YS] And good news for IPL, NEC, Season's Beatings, DID and all the other tournaments out there! We're adding an Exhibition Mode!

-[D-YS] You can unlock all the characters, (almost) all costumes, and all stages for offline versus matches

-[D-YS] There's still more in the works, but I'm only gonna talk about what I've actually seen myself. So stay tuned for more updates!

I don't like it... it's a double edged sword. Yes now you can reject laggers but now you can avoid fighting players you think you'll lose to. The only thing that should be shown is the connection, everything else should be private until the match starts.

This is exactly what I want TN to do, improving online for better experience next, they need to patch the buffer system. Now...lets talk about exhibition mode....o_O my goodness copy protection will no longer be a issue, Brute is going to be very please about this. :)

For ranked, I'm in favour of seeing the connection and can see the benefit of the additional info, but sadly it will be gamed - and it'll probably take even longer to actually get into a match.

Not a big loss, promising start otherwise. :)

Am I the only one who feels the buffer engine needs some tweaks? All I know is it feels real wonky to me at times. Either way I think they should give it a second look.

You aren't the only one. It's basically the one thing that's holding back my Akira execution after transferring from VF5FS.

Am I the only one who feels the buffer engine needs some tweaks? All I know is it feels real wonky to me at times. Either way I think they should give it a second look.
No you're not the only one, sometimes the movement feels wonky & stiff & when Im doing combo strings, the timing feels off sometimes. :(

Everyone playing ranked matches to win and get better rank got to abuse it. This is legitimate tool to avoid playing matches likely to net you lose. It can (and, like, should) be used by anyone having the ability to lose.
And you realize how retardedly difficult it is to get to S rank by choosing to fight only F ranks? Aside from that, all the people that boost usually fail beyond belief. They have literally no legit strategies except choose people who cant even press the P button. Their options are highly limited.

And you realize how retardedly difficult it is to get to S rank by choosing to fight only F ranks? Aside from that, all the people that boost usually fail beyond belief. They have literally no legit strategies except choose people who cant even press the P button. Their options are highly limited.
It's not that hard, every win of a streak nets you 10 more points than before and eventually you'll be getting 100-200+ GP a win, yes, fighting Fs, Ds and Cs.

Boosting isn't hard at all, and it will only get easier to do from this point forward.

It's not that hard, every win of a streak nets you 10 more points than before and eventually you'll be getting 100-200+ GP a win, yes, fighting Fs, Ds and Cs.

Boosting isn't hard at all, and it will only get easier to do from this point forward.

People are already boosting, half the top 10 are boosters. No way they're earning those points legitimately.

People are already boosting, half the top 10 are boosters. No way they're earning those points legitimately.
Cat Girl is a confirmed booster. Don't know who Mrs. Jennifer is but I doubt he/she can grab that many points in a day, every day, while playing different games (or not playing at all.)
I doubt they're earning those points by winning matches anyways, so I don't see this deterring the boosters....

I want to see the AI nerfed at higher difficulties or for Survival on the last 3 difficulties to be not 100 wins apiece.

oh. going by your reaction i thought it was something exciting.

For him that is something exciting because he is a tournament organizer. That function will relieve a lot of stress for tournament organizers.

Exhibition mode is fantastic - we have rows of xboxes at our community venue and only select machines have any characters unlocked. This will be fantastic, it means any free station has everything available for players to try out and that makes it easier for people to try the game at events, play casuals, or practice for the next tournament match.

Having a variety of costumes is a great bonus because it will make streams more interesting too

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD