Team Ninja On Why Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Is Missing Features On 360 And PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I thought you meant getting it to run a consistent 1080/60 on PS4/X1 was huge.

Well, yea, actually Mortal Kombat and Injustice are a lot better looking than DOA if you play it on the PC.

HaKaShU

"I'm pretty sure they ran at 60 FPS but they were upscaled in resolution for consoles."

And once again apples and oranges. DOA is only on console so I wouldn't compare a game on PC to it since PC games always look better than console games.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
DOA: Online was a PC game

You quoting something from your first paragraph, why lol?

"We are talking about fighting games. What other fighting game looks better than DOA? Injustice? Mortal Kombat? Soul Calibur? Tekken?"

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Why don't they just be honest and say it's a ploy to sell more copies of the more expensive version? I think that would've went better than saying PS3 can't render pigtails
Yeah that would've went over much better with PR. Should they have just told PS3 & 360 gamers to go fuck themselves also? No matter what TN would've said, someone would be pissed off, guaranteed.

Intelligent Alpha

Yeah that would've went over much better with PR. Should they have just told PS3 & 360 gamers to go fuck themselves also? No matter what TN would've said, someone would be pissed off, guaranteed.

It is possible for them to have not pissed people off though! Here's a novel idea: delay the game! If they were so concerned with pissing off last gen users, they could have done everything to optimize for current gen, while working on last gen and not giving last gen owners a half ass product only to give us the other half later!

That's like having one half of the story on disc, but selling the other half as DLC! What the ever-loving fuck?

The two team split often done (especially if MP is being develop for what is normally a SP game - TR9/ME3) can be done for 360/PS3. I don't know if thery're doing so, but they're spending too much time on next gen for this to be just a port. This is why I said test with DOAX3 or go balls out with DOA6! (It was already explained to me what happened with 4)

I repeat, they should've delayed the game, considering the competition they are up against. I see how that would've pissed folks off more, but LR for current and last gen (whatever the content quantity), wouldn't have started this brushfire! Hell, when asked the question to get current gen consoles, many have said to wait!! What's wrong with waiting on the software to be ready or more suited for play if this is indeed what happens as a result of delaying the game?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It is possible for them to have not pissed people off though! Here's a novel idea: delay the game! If they were so concerned with pissing off last gen users, they could have done everything to optimize for current gen, while working on last gen and not giving last gen owners a half ass product only to give us the other half later!

That's like having one half of the story on disc, but selling the other half as DLC! What the ever-loving fuck?

The two team split often done (especially if MP is being develop for what is normally a SP game - TR9/ME3) can be done for 360/PS3. I don't know if thery're doing so, but they're spending too much time on next gen for this to be just a port. This is why I said test with DOAX3 or go balls out with DOA6! (It was already explained to me what happened with 4)

I repeat, they should've delayed the game, considering the competition they are up against. I see how that would've pissed folks off more, but LR for current and last gen (whatever the content quantity), wouldn't have started this brushfire! Hell, when asked the question to get current gen consoles, many have said to wait!! What's wrong with waiting on the software to be ready or more suited for play if this is indeed what happens as a result of delaying the game?

Why would they delay the game to satisfy some last-gen gamers when the main focus of this game has been CURRENT-GEN consoles the entire time? LR's primary purpose is to be a current-gen version of DOA5. The fact that last-gen gamers get a LR update FOR FREE is pretty damn generous from TN IMHO. Remember, they could've just told 360 & PS3 gamers to fuck off, and keep playing 5U instead (which is still a perfectly fine game all things considered).

Intelligent Alpha

Why would they delay the game to satisfy some last-gen gamers when the main focus of this game has been CURRENT-GEN consoles the entire time? LR's primary purpose is to be a current-gen version of DOA5. The fact that last-gen gamers get a LR update FOR FREE is pretty damn generous from TN IMHO. Remember, they could've just told 360 & PS3 gamers to fuck off, and keep playing 5U instead (which is still a perfectly fine game all things considered).

If you're gonna ask that, why the fuck make it for last gen anyway? Some argue that cross-gen needs to stop! And maybe they should have told us to fuck off! This is what it feels like! Just LR being made proves it! Was no one really that satisfied with it? Apparently, the company wasn't, thus all the ports of 5 which ultimately led to the Ultimate disc. It only happened because console owners felt cheated! It's the cheating out your consumers and then the "Oh, we'll make it up to you!" manner that's insulting!

The giving it away does not help. That right there says you're desperate to sell which stirs the anger even more! Look at the XBO! How's is that system doing? They may have to give it away for someone to get it! See?

Principles!!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
If you're gonna ask that, why the fuck make it for last gen anyway? Some argue that cross-gen needs to stop! And maybe they should have told us to fuck off! This is what it feels like! Just LR being made proves it! Was no one really that satisfied with it? Apparently, the company wasn't, thus all the ports of 5 which ultimately led to the Ultimate disc. It only happened because console owners felt cheated! It's the cheating out your consumers and then the "Oh, we'll make it up to you!" manner that's insulting!

The giving it away does not help. That right there says you're desperate to sell which stirs the anger even more! Look at the XBO! How's is that system doing? They may have to give it away for someone to get it! See?

Principles!!

-_- Dude, no offense, but for some reason I always get a headache when I read your posts. Lets just wait until LRs release closes in.

Yurlungur

The fact that last-gen gamers get a LR update FOR FREE is pretty damn generous from TN IMHO. Remember, they could've just told 360 & PS3 gamers to fuck off, and keep playing 5U instead (which is still a perfectly fine game all things considered).

I'm going to play devils advocate, all the last gen is getting is really two new characters(which we're still paying for so no, it's not for free and we might get another rachel situation) along with balance changes(i hope to god there are balance changes) and don't forget MOREEEEEE COSTTTUMMEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

Also, the tournament setting will still be ps3 for a multitude of reasons, if you're curious i'll go into more reason why but it's just pointless. While Doa5u is a great game there are still certain things wrong with it which a large amount of people can attest too for whatever reason which is another reason why another iteration was brought in.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I'm going to play devils advocate, all the last gen is getting is really two new characters(which we're still paying for so no, it's not for free and we might get another rachel situation) along with balance changes(i hope to god there are balance changes) and don't forget MOREEEEEE COSTTTUMMEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

Also, the tournament setting will still be ps3 for a multitude of reasons, if you're curious i'll go into more reason why but it's just pointless. While Doa5u is a great game there are still certain things wrong with it which a large amount of people can attest too for whatever reason which is another reason why another iteration was brought in.
What are these reasons exactly with regards to DOA5U? I'll support DOA5LR on both PS4 & PS3 for tournaments with priority towards PS4.

Yurlungur

What are these reasons exactly? I'll support DOA5LR on both PS4 & PS3 for tournaments with priority towards PS4.

• Due to the price of the ps4 and having the same content besides a stage basically, it's a lot simpler to simply use the ps3 model
  • The cost of fighting game sticks for the actual ps4 are a joke
  • Not being able to adjust to controllers also are a hindrance
  • ps4 currently has a lot of bugs in the system

Argentus

All i know is the excuse would've held a lot more weight if Last round actually looked any better than 5U. I don't wanna hear shit about "Optimized stages for next gen" until the textures aren't muddier than a ps2 launch title.

Zero-chan

If the people that doesnt own ps4/xbox1 but they still the old gens and don't want to get the mew gens yet, then what's the point in buying LR for the old gens if we're not getting the same stuff that the new gen is getting? To me it feels like they're forcing people to buy the new gen consoles just so they can get LR and have the cool extra content stuff while the old gen barely gets anything...

Intelligent Alpha

If the people that doesnt own ps4/xbox1 but they still the old gens and don't want to get the mew gens yet, then what's the point in buying LR for the old gens if we're not getting the same stuff that the new gen is getting? To me it feels like they're forcing people to buy the new gen consoles just so they can get LR and have the cool extra content stuff while the old gen barely gets anything...

I see it like this - and this will not be a rant.

PC software (and I'm not referring to gaming, btw). One of my hobbies is producing music. You have big time software from big-time retailers:

Cakewalk with Sonar products. They are on the X series - X3 being the latest piece! Whether you purchase X1, 2 or 3, they come in three flavors:

Essential - the version is basic
Studio - Upgrade I (More features, plugins, synths, sounds, etc)
Producer - Upgrade II the flagship that pretty much has everything Essential and Studio do + more

Now, my PC can run all three versions and probably at the same time (hyperbole), but that is one PC. I don't need new PC #2 for Studio and/or PC #3 for Producer. I may need to upgrade the one I already have to run either Studio or Producer if I find my PC specs are short (this usually isn't the case since I've used many DAWs on one computer) However, if I find that I must seriously upgrade, I would most certainly get a new PC.

The issue with LR:

Think of Vanilla being DOA Essentials
Think of 5U - DOA Studio
Would this mean that LR would be DOA Producer?

It may as well be Producer since we "have" to upgrade to get features that Essentials and Studio lack! But here's the thing:

If I can easily view a comparison list of the Sonar products and clearly see that the Producer version has the most features - whether or not I use them all - at least they are there! I just read the freakin' comparison list, I doubt they lie or pull a bait and switch - especially since Cakewalk's software is what I've used the most.

I would be just as mad as I am here if the contents I read were available on Producer weren't when I fired up the software! Btw, all of that good stuff in Producer isn't included in Studio and certainly not Essentials which means, if I want more plugins, synths, effects, etc. I'd have to purchase them! Why would I spend $1200 on separate pieces when the main program and all of its pieces come in the box for $400? Though I may feel buyer's remorse for getting everything for $400, I'd go insane if I spent $1200 while $800 goes towards those extra pieces!

This is how gamers feel when they can't get things in a bow, but they become available in a bow later! (ie: If Sonar users had access to just Essentials or DOA players only had access to Vanilla)

I can get X3 Producer or a new computer if needed to run it. Likewise, the XBO for LR, but if I read a list of what LR has; yet. don't get them! At least, seeing what was on Ultimate, we did get it - more importantly, all of it. Akin, to Studio lacking features compared to Producer, but it has more features than Essentials.

Though music software and consoles gaming software are different, since you are selling your product, therefore, wanting us to buy it, don't skimp out on features. Or since you say this is the last iteration of 5, do what the folks have done at Cakewalk and give us DOA Producer! (Some have said, DOA Essentials wanted to be Studio, but it couldn't be done. That's BS, if you gave us Studio anyway, but if you don't give us that much more with Producer) For those wondering:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD