Team Ninja On Why Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Is Missing Features On 360 And PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
That many words came with it before I put up the screenshot! Are you saying they have less value? (Don't answer that! haha)

Yes because the emphasis of the giant wall of text weight less and was a distraction so you could add in the link but people wouldnt think you were advertising because the wall of text distracts them. Unfortunately for you I am smarter than that and caught your bs. GGs

Intelligent Alpha

Yes because the emphasis of the giant wall of text weight less and was a distraction so you could add in the link but people wouldnt think you were advertising because the wall of text distracts them. Unfortunately for you I am smarter than that and caught your bs. GGs

Yep, you got me!! :oops: (We're joking, CyberEvil)

Zero-chan

I see it like this - and this will not be a rant.

PC software (and I'm not referring to gaming, btw). One of my hobbies is producing music. You have big time software from big-time retailers:

Cakewalk with Sonar products. They are on the X series - X3 being the latest piece! Whether you purchase X1, 2 or 3, they come in three flavors:

Essential - the version is basic
Studio - Upgrade I (More features, plugins, synths, sounds, etc)
Producer - Upgrade II the flagship that pretty much has everything Essential and Studio do + more

Now, my PC can run all three versions and probably at the same time (hyperbole), but that is one PC. I don't need new PC #2 for Studio and/or PC #3 for Producer. I may need to upgrade the one I already have to run either Studio or Producer if I find my PC specs are short (this usually isn't the case since I've used many DAWs on one computer) However, if I find that I must seriously upgrade, I would most certainly get a new PC.

The issue with LR:

Think of Vanilla being DOA Essentials
Think of 5U - DOA Studio
Would this mean that LR would be DOA Producer?

It may as well be Producer since we "have" to upgrade to get features that Essentials and Studio lack! But here's the thing:

If I can easily view a comparison list of the Sonar products and clearly see that the Producer version has the most features - whether or not I use them all - at least they are there! I just read the freakin' comparison list, I doubt they lie or pull a bait and switch - especially since Cakewalk's software is what I've used the most.

I would be just as mad as I am here if the contents I read were available on Producer weren't when I fired up the software! Btw, all of that good stuff in Producer isn't included in Studio and certainly not Essentials which means, if I want more plugins, synths, effects, etc. I'd have to purchase them! Why would I spend $1200 on separate pieces when the main program and all of its pieces come in the box for $400? Though I may feel buyer's remorse for getting everything for $400, I'd go insane if I spent $1200 while $800 goes towards those extra pieces!

This is how gamers feel when they can't get things in a bow, but they become available in a bow later! (ie: If Sonar users had access to just Essentials or DOA players only had access to Vanilla)

I can get X3 Producer or a new computer if needed to run it. Likewise, the XBO for LR, but if I read a list of what LR has; yet. don't get them! At least, seeing what was on Ultimate, we did get it - more importantly, all of it. Akin, to Studio lacking features compared to Producer, but it has more features than Essentials.

Though music software and consoles gaming software are different, since you are selling your product, therefore, wanting us to buy it, don't skimp out on features. Or since you say this is the last iteration of 5, do what the folks have done at Cakewalk and give us DOA Producer! (Some have said, DOA Essentials wanted to be Studio, but it couldn't be done. That's BS, if you gave us Studio anyway, but if you don't give us that much more with Producer) For those wondering:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Versions
uhh wat? -.-"

Intelligent Alpha

uhh wat? -.-"

These guys don't mislead you about what is or isn't in the software. Plus, they take their time - whether they have 5 or 1500 features. Something as simple as a Reverb plugin with just two knobs - Wet and Dry. Or, the Bypass button for A/B comparisons. If you don't see those knobs or buttons when you start to use that plugin or the lack of that reverb plugin period when it was told what you get will have them.

Sure, to the casual ear, it's not gonna mean anything, but to the serious producer it means alot! Same regarding Compression, EQ, etc.

"Calm down, Master! It's just a stage!" He's been playing for years; therefore, I would think there's more to the stage portion of his rants! I'm by no means a professional, but for the very little I do and use, regardless of how small the piece there may be a reason that piece is important. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be in the software ready to potential use.

Zero-chan

These guys don't mislead you about what is or isn't in the software. Plus, they take their time - whether they have 5 or 1500 features. Something as simple as a Reverb plugin with just two knobs - Wet and Dry. Or, the Bypass button for A/B comparisons. If you don't see those knobs or buttons when you start to use that plugin or the lack of that reverb plugin period when it was told what you get will have them.

Sure, to the casual ear, it's not gonna mean anything, but to the serious producer it means alot! Same regarding Compression, EQ, etc.

"Calm down, Master! It's just a stage!" He's been playing for years; therefore, I would think there's more to the stage portion of his rants! I'm by no means a professional, but for the very little I do and use, regardless of how small the piece there may be a reason that piece is important. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be in the software ready to potential use.
all that writing is making my head hurt..

Intelligent Alpha

I didn't know that this was a music software discussion forum, guess I'm on the wrong site...

You guys aren't getting it! If any company I don't care what the product is, you as the seller ought not lie or mislead your buyer. Yeah, I'm sure carrots you will dangled in your face - that's their job! However, don't mislead or outright or then try to rationalize why you did it - especially not with a straight face! That will piss off some people!

ie: Christie's white hair. Perhaps somebody finds a gray one. "Well, we can't paint it white to match that on last gen; yet, we can make all of her hair gray on current gen!" Whether or not, I wanna see a full head of gray hair isn't the issue. A small as that issue actually is, I'm sure you can be able to fix it! But then, you rationalize that last gen can't handle that tiny little fix!

That won't fly! I'm sure it's not a simple fix, but you didn't simply say, "We won't fix it!" either.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
You guys aren't getting it! If any company I don't care what the product is, you as the seller ought not lie or mislead your buyer. Yeah, I'm sure carrots you will dangled in your face - that's their job! However, don't mislead or outright or then try to rationalize why you did it - especially not with a straight face! That will piss off some people!

ie: Christie's white hair. Perhaps somebody finds a gray one. "Well, we can't paint it white to match that on last gen; yet, we can make all of her hair gray on current gen!" Whether or not, I wanna see a full head of gray hair isn't the issue. A small as that issue actually is, I'm sure you can be able to fix it! But then, you rationalize that last gen can't handle that tiny little fix!

That won't fly! I'm sure it's not a simple fix, but you didn't simply say, "We won't fix it!" either.
What's the point of your argument exactly?

Intelligent Alpha

What's the point of your argument exactly?

What was Master's point about half a stage or how there's no creativity in stages now? The rationale! That's my point! Look, if you can't do something, you can't; however, don't rationalize why you can't because that'll make folks think you can, you just don't want to!

The BC issue with consoles! All the tech jargon is rationale! They should have just said: "Current gen systems won't have it!" period. Did they do that? No. They rationalized why and told us they'll find a way so it could happen! They did with the pass-through, but I still don't think they ever intended for last gen software to be used on current gen hardware - despite having the software be cross-gen!

Then, the LR not being a disc excuse. How is this when cross-gen games are on physical discs? The rationale!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
What was Master's point about half a stage or how there's no creativity in stages now? The rationale! That's my point! Look, if you can't do something, you can't; however, don't rationalize why you can't because that'll make folks think you can, you just don't want to!

The BC issue with consoles! All the tech jargon is rationale! They should have just said: "Current gen systems won't have it!" period. Did they do that? No. They rationalized why and told us they'll find a way so it could happen! They did with the pass-through, but I still don't think they ever intended for last gen software to be used on current gen hardware - despite having the software be cross-gen!

Then, the LR not being a disc excuse. How is this when cross-gen games are on physical discs? The rationale!
Dude, it's called PR.

No matter what they would've said, the Last-Gen gamers would be pissed in some way and complain.

Intelligent Alpha

Dude, it's called PR.

No matter what they would've said, the Last-Gen gamers would be pissed in some way and complain.

I know, but as a PR person, you need to have better scruples than that because this reflects badly on who you work for! I know folks would have been pissed off, but do you want a single flame or a brushfire? And sometimes, when you think you'll quell it, you make it worse! The worst and most insulting thing you can do is then act surprised and spin it into something favorable on top of that!

Mass Effect 3, Bioware, EA! Bad doesn't begin to describe the PR department!

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Locked. Carry on the conversation in the other thread if you want but we don't need the same conversations happening in multiple places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD