Team Ninja shares additional details on the next Dead or Alive 5 patch

Team Ninja.jpg

While a solid roll out date still hasn't been nailed down for the next upcoming Dead or Alive 5 patch, director Yohei Shimbori was kind enough to share a few tweets on some additional features that we'll see, noting that the next patch will be a major update.

One of the cool additions Shimbori mentioned is that we'll be seeing the popular demand to save replays of lobby matches, along with the ability to now kick unwanted players from your lobby as well.

Here are the additional patch details from Shimbori:

[D-YS] I was able to check some stuff about the next patch this week, so I'll tweet a little bit about it.

[D-YS] First off, you will now be able to save replays of lobby matches.

[D-YS] A lot of people were asking for that feature, so we worked hard to put it in.

[D-YS] Also, the host of a lobby match will now be able to kick a waiting player out of a lobby, even while they're watching a match.

[D-YS] Also, you'll be able to search for lobbies by connection quality.

[D-YS] There are lots of other improvements and additions too. The next patch is going to be a major update.

[D-YS] I'll fill you in on more details as soon as I can confirm them myself (including the patch release date...)

Update for December 29th
[D-YS] The next patch is named "Ver.1.03". The name might be boring, but it has a lot of new features.

[D-YS] One of those features is uploading movies of replays.

[D-YS] I tested it by uploading a movie to YouTube.

[D-YS] Ver.1.03 will allow uploads to both YouTube and Facebook.

[D-YS] Facebook uploads are available to both Xbox 360 and PS3. YouTube uploads can only be performed from a PS3.

[D-YS] So now, even people without video capture equipment can upload fight videos.

[D-YS] Fighters from around the world can now watch others' fights.

[D-YS] And did you catch some of the little tweaks to the fighting game itself?

[D-YS] Now that we have this feature, maybe I'll upload another movie soon...

Update for January 10th
[D-YS] Happy new year!

[D-YS] I'm starting the year off with another upload of Ver.1.03 footage. This time to YouTube. #DOA5

[D-YS] This time, we have La Mariposa vs. Hayate, and I'm sure you'll notice changes in this fight too. #DOA5

[D-YS] We haven't practiced the new moves enough to use them well, but... #DOA5

[D-YS] I'm sure all of you will show us what these moves can do! (video uploads ftw) #DOA5

[D-YS] There are lots of new features in Ver.1.03 for all players, not just hard-core fans. We'll post the full list of changes soon! #DOA5

Update for January 17th

Ver.1.03 Update Details.

Release Dates:

PS3: January 22nd, 2013

Xbox 360: January 29th, 2013

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116a.html

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116b.html

I took some time to think about it and I wonder if Zack just isn't the new Jan Lee now. If 4K connects and sits you down and 236K is faster I bet you can connect that shit easily enough.

And now hes got TWO sit downs, one of them is going to be easy to land and both of them seem to atleast give you a free 33KK.

We'll find out but this is looking really bad for the rest of the DOA cast. . . .

OH WHAT i MEAN TO SAY IS THAT ZACK IS TRASH AND YOU SHOULD ALL JUST GO ON AHEAD THINKING HE ISN'T SHIT!
Zack as the new Jann Lee? He isn't Asian....:p Also....what is the other sitdown 4H+K?
That doesn't give you a free 33kk. In less you're talking Bt 4k or something.... And yes don't pay attention to Zack. Go play your ninjas or Jann Lee folks.
RE: Zack
Doesn't the new 4K only sit down on CH and if opponent is in crouching state? Personally I'd take DOA4's stun over that... (Definitely a nice buff though if opponent counters low a lot)
Uh....it says it CH on counter hit...not when they are crouching........

First a question, I see sidestepping obviously got buffed, 0(20)5. Now I'm not that well versed in frame presentation so I'm to assume that 0 is startup, 20 is active frames and 5 is recovery frames, in which case that is amazing and any move that isn't a tracking move is definitely getting snuffed. Say bye bye to getting hit by the 2nd part of a character's string while trying to SS the first.

That said I've got 2 questions.

1. can anyone tell me sidestepping's original frames? Wasn't it around 0(10)10?
I'm not strat savvy, as most of this stuff's Greek to me, so I'm gonna pull a hail-mary and say, uh....

0 (18) 10?

2. How big of a change do you think this is and how prevalent do you think SS'ing will be from now on? Will you try to integrate it more into your gameplay?
I'll let you know when I'm JAK-ing off even less. Though I can't guarantee that will ever happen, 'cause, you know... it's Christie.

Zack's 4K only puts an opponent in sit down in critical stun when they're crouching (ie get them in critical stun, they low counter, 4K, they're in sit down).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD