Team Ninja shares additional details on the next Dead or Alive 5 patch

Team Ninja.jpg

While a solid roll out date still hasn't been nailed down for the next upcoming Dead or Alive 5 patch, director Yohei Shimbori was kind enough to share a few tweets on some additional features that we'll see, noting that the next patch will be a major update.

One of the cool additions Shimbori mentioned is that we'll be seeing the popular demand to save replays of lobby matches, along with the ability to now kick unwanted players from your lobby as well.

Here are the additional patch details from Shimbori:

[D-YS] I was able to check some stuff about the next patch this week, so I'll tweet a little bit about it.

[D-YS] First off, you will now be able to save replays of lobby matches.

[D-YS] A lot of people were asking for that feature, so we worked hard to put it in.

[D-YS] Also, the host of a lobby match will now be able to kick a waiting player out of a lobby, even while they're watching a match.

[D-YS] Also, you'll be able to search for lobbies by connection quality.

[D-YS] There are lots of other improvements and additions too. The next patch is going to be a major update.

[D-YS] I'll fill you in on more details as soon as I can confirm them myself (including the patch release date...)

Update for December 29th
[D-YS] The next patch is named "Ver.1.03". The name might be boring, but it has a lot of new features.

[D-YS] One of those features is uploading movies of replays.

[D-YS] I tested it by uploading a movie to YouTube.

[D-YS] Ver.1.03 will allow uploads to both YouTube and Facebook.

[D-YS] Facebook uploads are available to both Xbox 360 and PS3. YouTube uploads can only be performed from a PS3.

[D-YS] So now, even people without video capture equipment can upload fight videos.

[D-YS] Fighters from around the world can now watch others' fights.

[D-YS] And did you catch some of the little tweaks to the fighting game itself?

[D-YS] Now that we have this feature, maybe I'll upload another movie soon...

Update for January 10th
[D-YS] Happy new year!

[D-YS] I'm starting the year off with another upload of Ver.1.03 footage. This time to YouTube. #DOA5

[D-YS] This time, we have La Mariposa vs. Hayate, and I'm sure you'll notice changes in this fight too. #DOA5

[D-YS] We haven't practiced the new moves enough to use them well, but... #DOA5

[D-YS] I'm sure all of you will show us what these moves can do! (video uploads ftw) #DOA5

[D-YS] There are lots of new features in Ver.1.03 for all players, not just hard-core fans. We'll post the full list of changes soon! #DOA5

Update for January 17th

Ver.1.03 Update Details.

Release Dates:

PS3: January 22nd, 2013

Xbox 360: January 29th, 2013

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116a.html

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116b.html

How did Jann Lee get nerfed?

He does less damage, his SS P changed to -4. The translation is terrible but it sounds like he lost his feint stun on 1pk but gained a DS from it, but we won't know till Tuesday. Aside from that? He really didn't get nerfed all that much, although if he did lose his feint stun that's pretty huge imo.

I don't really know how to feel about this patch. Some of the good characters got buffed too much, and other characters that didn't need any changes got stupid nerfs *cough* Mila *cough* On top of that I was hoping for overall better changes to move around the hold such as sit down stuns being more of a threat for more characters and more limbo stuns. Instead it sounds like they nerfed BT's.

Come Tuesday we'll see how it is, but aside from quality of life features for online mode, the "balance" patch seems like it was just rushed.

Jann Lee's damage nerfs weren't really nerfs when you consider that the life bars were decreased by 30 points.
LoL. So you noticed that one too, eh? LoL. It's not a nerf, it's a balancing tweak in reaction to another adjustment that was made somewhere else. It's not to make Jann Lee less powerful.

LoL. So you noticed that one too, eh? LoL. It's not a nerf, it's a balancing tweak in reaction to another adjustment that was made somewhere else. It's not to make Jann Lee less powerful.

True, but then at the same time Akira got buffed in damage and he already hit pretty hard. So the logic is lost.

Jann lee has the same damage output at the very least. When health is reduced by as much as 30 everyone gets a massive damage boost.

Jann Lee's damage nerfs weren't really nerfs when you consider that the life bars were decreased by 30 points.
Players: 300 life is too much! Matches take too long and you're never truly afraid because you can make so many mistakes before losing.

Team Ninja: Okay, we'll change the default life setting so it's less... but we'll also nerf everyone's damage output so matches still take forever and you can still make just as many mistakes as before. You're welcome!

Team Ninja Logic™.

I'm looking forward to people posting the new frame data in the FSD wiki...
Did they ever post the (now) old frame data?

Yay, the black man gets fucked in the ass again!

Example "214P: Removed down hit"

I don't even know what the fuck that means? It no longer hits crouching opponents? Or does it not make them hit the ground? Also, Who even uses it that as an over head?

236K "Shortened Recovery motion from 30 to 25"

So you're saying its still really unsafe right? Ok, thanks, now I'll be able to land that critical burst off of that. . .which I never had a problem landing before! THANKS!

PP2K is easier to execute. . .

who the fuck was even having problems DOING THAT!?

7K・K: changed disadvantage on guard from -14 to BG(+1F).

Aww man, now everybody and their momma is just gonna SS that shit! GREAT!

Its a good thing Zack was already pretty good in the first place because a lot of the shit they gave him seems. . .I dunno, like they figured "We're buffing everyone else, so we have to give him something! Right?"

The only two things (Of the 7 het got) that are useful to me are his SS - K is now a GB and Running K is safe - good option to close the distance on someone whos trying to set up shop at the other side of the screen.

Oh and congratualtions to all you lucky sons of bitches who got major buffs, I'm just going to have to resolve to get my foot majorly into each and every one of your anal cavities come IPL.

P.S His taunt is useless - Its not a GB and its got like -70 recovery. THANKS!
line by line

Basically it was a bug. There was some instances where you could hit someone on the ground with it. I did it by mistake last night. So good change.

Faster Cb maybe? IDK...

Well that was actually an input bug for him. When you did PP2K you would most of the times go into duck instead. I mean you could still do it, but you had to wait for the last frame of pp to finish before doing it which is kind of stupid.

I like that change actually a lot of people i fought online and offline would just block it.

Zack got better in my opinion. Why? Well besides 6P+K getting safer. Is 4K becoming a sitdown stun. He needed a usable sitdown stun and they listened to me.:D

Zack got better in my opinion. Why? Well besides 6P+K getting safer. Is 4K becoming a sitdown stun. He needed a usable sitdown stun and they listened to me.:D

I took some time to think about it and I wonder if Zack just isn't the new Jan Lee now. If 4K connects and sits you down and 236K is faster I bet you can connect that shit easily enough.

And now hes got TWO sit downs, one of them is going to be easy to land and both of them seem to atleast give you a free 33KK.

We'll find out but this is looking really bad for the rest of the DOA cast. . . .

OH WHAT i MEAN TO SAY IS THAT ZACK IS TRASH AND YOU SHOULD ALL JUST GO ON AHEAD THINKING HE ISN'T SHIT!

First a question, I see sidestepping obviously got buffed, 0(20)5. Now I'm not that well versed in frame presentation so I'm to assume that 0 is startup, 20 is active frames and 5 is recovery frames, in which case that is amazing and any move that isn't a tracking move is definitely getting snuffed. Say bye bye to getting hit by the 2nd part of a character's string while trying to SS the first.

That said I've got 2 questions.

1. can anyone tell me sidestepping's original frames? Wasn't it around 0(10)10?

2. How big of a change do you think this is and how prevalent do you think SS'ing will be from now on? Will you try to integrate it more into your gameplay?

Guide says SS currently executes in 28 frames but is only evasive for first 18... So I think that's 0(18)10

RE: Zack
Doesn't the new 4K only sit down on CH and if opponent is in crouching state? Personally I'd take DOA4's stun over that... (Definitely a nice buff though if opponent counters low a lot)

Cough Pai got nerfed pretty hard with that 66H+K no bounce. I"m sure all of us Pai players are feeling hurt right now, while the other VF chars got mad buffs. Smh..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD