Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

shinryu

The game have not even been out for a month. I doubt you know what needs to be nerf/buff. Comparing a character to how he/she used to play in a previous game isn't a reason, either. Also everyone who have been playing DOA5 have mostly been playing online. Until a competitive scene get moving, and we really see OFFLINE what each character are capable of no. You do not call out anything. Stop wishing you were playing DOA1-4 and start playing DOA5. Maybe then you'll learn your character probably instead of whining who needs a buff/nerf.

Perhaps you should consider learning what the little - symbol in front of frame data means; perhaps how to do basic math in general. And also to listen to people who have played extensively offline (like, I don't know, the guy who wrote the strategy guide), who have pretty unanimously said she needs some buffs. Unless there's some magical tech hidden in her that quadruples her damage output or gives her some ridiculous vortex setup, she's going to be horribly unsafe and horribly underpowered. She's not unviable but anybody with any knowledge of fighting games in general can't look at all those unsafe moves and not think "hey, this looks a little fucked up." She cannot get into BKO safely except from a 22 frame move and even then she's still fucked against anyone with an 11 frame mid unless she guesses right. Any other BKO entry on block is just inviting the opponent to at best press 2p and laugh at you or at worst to face fuck you with a low throw. That doesn't seem odd to you?

Mr. T

pp2k, 4pk etc springs to mind.. Really I'd hate to play on ice with mila vs hitomi. Not a fair fight IMO.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm not gonna make any gameplay suggestions, but if you want my money, here are some costume ideas, TN:
1. K Nash or Desiel outfit for Bass
Z21kX.jpg

Anything from the late 90s or early 00s would be nice. Preferably with long blond hair.

2. Sabu or Iron Sheik for either Bass, Bayman or Leon in case he's added in future updates
Waterfall.jpg
Iron-Sheik.jpg

for when you need to put them in camel clutch and make them humble

3. The white suit or the Sinister Minister
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Mr._Mitchell.jpg/448px-Mr._Mitchell.jpg
If we don't get either of these two...well, we'll start a fire HAHAHAHAHAHA

4. Dudley Boyz, preferably anything worn by Buh Buh Ray
http://i.imgur.com/NFl4Y.jpg
Now, sit down and shut the fuck up!

5.Taker (obvious)
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/undertaker5.jpeg
You can't say no to this.

6. Big Van Vader
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/vader.jpg
IT'S TIME!

7. The Road Warrior Costumes
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/roadwarriors.jpg
This was pretty awesome. I'd like to see this back.

8. Tugboat
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/tugboat.jpg
or any other Fred Ottman gimmick, especially the Shockmaster.

9. Bam Bam Bigalow
http://i.imgur.com/AdED1.jpg
Bam Bam was always a colourful guy.

Oooh, almost forgot this one:
10. Scott Steiner
steiner.jpg

TO BEAT UP THOSE FAAAAAAT ASSES!!!

I'd appreciate it if someone could forward this on twitter or any other social site which I don't use.

Thanks, TN.
shockmaster_crop_340x234.jpg

Zeo

Add the DOA4 type preview system to lobbies where you can see every player in a lobby before you choose to enter it. I don't enjoy playing roulette with every lobby only to find a player I don't like in the room.

Stikku

I'm not gonna make any gameplay suggestions, but if you want my money, here are some costume ideas, TN:
1. K Nash or Desiel outfit for Bass
Z21kX.jpg

Anything from the late 90s or early 00s would be nice. Preferably with long blond hair.

2. Sabu or Iron Sheik for either Bass, Bayman or Leon in case he's added in future updates
Waterfall.jpg
Iron-Sheik.jpg

for when you need to put them in camel clutch and make them humble

3. The white suit or the Sinister Minister
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/06/Mr._Mitchell.jpg/448px-Mr._Mitchell.jpg
If we don't get either of these two...well, we'll start a fire HAHAHAHAHAHA

4. Dudley Boyz, preferably anything worn by Buh Buh Ray
http://i.imgur.com/NFl4Y.jpg
Now, sit down and shut the fuck up!

5.Taker (obvious)
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/undertaker5.jpeg
You can't say no to this.

6. Big Van Vader
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/vader.jpg
IT'S TIME!

7. The Road Warrior Costumes
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/roadwarriors.jpg
This was pretty awesome. I'd like to see this back.

8. Tugboat
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/tugboat.jpg
or any other Fred Ottman gimmick, especially the Shockmaster.

9. Bam Bam Bigalow
http://i.imgur.com/AdED1.jpg
Bam Bam was always a colourful guy.

Oooh, almost forgot this one:
10. Scott Steiner
steiner.jpg

TO BEAT UP THOSE FAAAAAAT ASSES!!!

I'd appreciate it if someone could forward this on twitter or any other social site which I don't use.

Thanks, TN.
shockmaster_crop_340x234.jpg

D Glock

- Fix the Facebook intergration so we can post our stats on Facebook
- View player names in Replay Mode menu and during replay footage
- Possibly make photos be uploadable onto user Facebook accounts

I strongly agree with this. There's nothing more annoying than downloading a bunch of replays from the leaderboard then not being able to tell whose replay you're actually watching.

RhythmikDesigns

Am the only who feels that ducking/low blocking feels "sluggish"? I pretty sure its an online thing, but I swear there are duck on know I'm suppose to be ducking and low strikes that should be block but I still get caught more often than not.

Souichiro

Am the only who feels that ducking/low blocking feels "sluggish"? I pretty sure its an online thing, but I swear there are duck on know I'm suppose to be ducking and low strikes that should be block but I still get caught more often than not.

You are right its an online thing. Ive been playing alot off-line Versus and no such thing has happened to me yet.

GLoRToR

Tell them to wait with another patch until the game has been exposed on a tournament level. Give it three or four months and in that time, every highest level player bust your ass to break the system. If you can't break it, the game is good. If any character feels weaker than the rest, be reasonable and truthful about where it could improve.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Perhaps you should consider learning what the little - symbol in front of frame data means; perhaps how to do basic math in general. And also to listen to people who have played extensively offline (like, I don't know, the guy who wrote the strategy guide), who have pretty unanimously said she needs some buffs. Unless there's some magical tech hidden in her that quadruples her damage output or gives her some ridiculous vortex setup, she's going to be horribly unsafe and horribly underpowered. She's not unviable but anybody with any knowledge of fighting games in general can't look at all those unsafe moves and not think "hey, this looks a little fucked up." She cannot get into BKO safely except from a 22 frame move and even then she's still fucked against anyone with an 11 frame mid unless she guesses right. Any other BKO entry on block is just inviting the opponent to at best press 2p and laugh at you or at worst to face fuck you with a low throw. That doesn't seem odd to you?

There haven't been any competitive tournaments or anything to determined what needs to be buff or if it even needed. Right now the game is still brand new and no one will know what said character is capable of until this game is played offline at high level. People are still figuring stuff out and debating what character needs and don't need. That shows no one knows for sure right now. Therefore no one should be calling out crap.

Decadence

- Online Tag Battle with 2 or 1 player per team, as in DoA4. Solo tag is kind'a dull, but playing with a buddy makes everything more fun. Even Hexen. Also, both players on same console or different, don't want a MK/SFxT issue here where it's one or the other.
- Either fix the 'additional' combo properties for Tag or just remove them to use the same mechanics as solo. There's no reason why Tag Eliot can juggle in a way Solo Eliot can't.
- Connection filter for Ranked/Simple searches.
- Ability to view players in lobby before joining.
- Better matchmaking for Ranked.
- Blind pick on Ranked.
- Hell, just add an option to have ranking 'always on', like in DoA4. Since we're constantly shown our rank in every online mode, it may as well change as we play rather than 90% of people being F. Since high ranks don't actually do anything (no achievements or titles, I hardly count the ability to upload a replay), I really don't see a problem with it. People already ragequit/lagswitch in lobby matches, so they're already taking it too seriously.
- The invite to match crash bug is still there (loads indefinitely), needs to be fixed.
- Throwdowns that actually work. I've heard these only work if your opponent is playing single player, which seems a bit pointless?
- Less stupid requirements for each Survival - 70, 80, 90, 100 would be infinitely more manageable than 100, 100, 100, 100. Since Survival is an exercise in AI exploitation and not any actual gameplay skill, the grind isn't really 'playing the game'. Hell, add an online shop to buy costumes like DoA4, the completists will still do Survival for the achievement and titles.
- Option to save replays from any match, not just Ranked. Hell, even rip off SF4's system where the game temporarily saves the last dozen or so matches and you can just browse which ones you want to keep. While you're at it, add Replay lobbies so you can watch your friend's replays.
- Allow Replays to be uploaded by any player, not just the high ranked boosters!
- Search filter for Replays by character, or ideally, by matchup.
- Lower the requirements to trigger the rooftop's train event. It's one of the coolest things I've seen in a fighting game stage and I've never seen it in an actual match. One impact to the sign should be enough to set up for the rest. We should be able to concentrate on the fight and just let the epic enter the match by itself without having to constantly and obviously try to line up a shot!
- Add more 'response' options in training, particularly wakeup to practice Oki routines.
- Auto tech for Command Training.
- Move info shows a 'hit height' sequence for strings, like DoA4 did, rather than only showing properties for the last input.
- As someone else mentioned, add an in-Training Tutorial that goes through the core Story Mode 'lessons' (feel free to skip the character-specific stuff, like doing the Izuna).
- Give some kind of visual indication on Story Mode's timeline to show which bonus missions have been completed.
- Sidestep option that allows either input, not just one. We don't have to choose which blocking method before the match, why sidestep? Marvel 3 works well with 2 dash inputs at any time.
- More reliable controls. I have problems with extraneous inputs that I don't in other fighters, including DoA4, and I'm not the only one.
- Wider input windows for 46/64 motions. These are needlessly strict.
- Option to map 1 input to multiple buttons.
- Survival opponents use DLC costumes like other mode's AI does.
- Free compatability pack that allows people to see DLC costumes used by other players without purchasing them.
- Maybe a longshot, but DLC packs of previous stages. DoA2U and DoA3 had some absolutely beautiful and intricate stages that I'd like to see return. The return of slope throws would be nice, too.
- On the Wrestling Ring stages, allow the 'I'm a Fighter' message to be replaced by a player's motto, like DoA4.
- Lower unlock requirements for Alpha, or add a 'Tournament Mode' that unlocks all characters/stages/costumes for offline play. It's the competitive scene that keeps any fighter alive, and the longer the game's alive the more costumes get bought. Make it easier on TOs.
- Online events would help keep the game alive, too. Tournaments and Weekly Challenges are always a good way to keep people playing.
- Longer available space on each text chat line.

Tones

Premium Donor
Powerblows don't come out until frame i39. The wind/sound triggers for it at i38.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
People say its too early for balance changes? F that!

Kokoro:
-236P is a useless sitdown stun as it pushes too far away for you to get anything guaranteed(especially since you can shake sitdown stuns). It would be nice if you could get a 9K or 2P+K off it like her other sitdown.
-Fix the hitbox issues on 214P. It will randomly whiff point blank in the opponents face(it actually happens pretty often)
-Make 2P+K a useful launcher again. The only way to get anything out of this launcher use her slow 8P6P sitdown stun, or extend the stun threshold to the point of critical...in which case you might as well just use a CB. Without this launcher she only has a mid kick and high launcher..and highs lose to low holds -__-
-This last one is pretty cheap, but honestly I don't think you should be able to hold the follow ups out of her 236H+P command throw
-Give her a faint stun

Kasumi:
-Make 9K ground bounce on CH. Why is it that when I whiff punish someone I get absolutely no damage and now I have to respect their wake up kick. I'm giving them a bigger reward for knocking them down with my whiff punish.
-Make 66KK a natural combo
-Her 4H+K doesn't seem all too useful. Buff it.
-Give her a faint stun

In general I would like to see all or most characters a useful faint stun that you can't hold out of similar to Leifang's 64P.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD