Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

Cadaveri

One of DOA's most iconic mode.
teambattle.jpg

Hope you tweeted that to TN ^^

Belinea

I had no idea so many people cared about team battle. Had it not been pointed out I don't think I would have noticed it was missing in DOA5.

Crystic

I'd like a volleyball minigame. Also mud wrestling. That has to be a thing.
Please improve the breast mechanics. They look like waterbeds, not soft and bouncy breasts we all know and love.
Brunette Tina would be nice. Ponytails for Hitomi, Kokoro and Lei Fang. Hayate's long hair.
Ability to share screenshots. Rewind feature in spectator mode.
Compatibility patch for online costumes. I want everyone to know I have Hitomi's bunny costume.
Ability to share videos on youtube (would be amazing); no one gives two fucks about facebook.
Remove 4-5 round matches in ranked. (why are they there?)
ABILITY TO LEAVE THE GAME AT YOUR DISCRETION.
FIX THE KICK OPTION.
INCREASE TIME IN BETWEEN GAMES FROM 3 SECONDS TO 10 SECONDS.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE TO JAPANESE AND ENGLISH FOR INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS.
Also increase the recovery on low holds and holds in general, decrease the active frame window for all holds, and maybe make it so that the deeper you are in the stun threshold the lower your damage is from said hold.
And it might just be me but I'm not too fond of stagger escaping. An option to set the game at maximum stagger escape in lobby matches would be nice.
Just some thoughts.

Ooobe

I'm surprised this one hasn't come up more:
Fix the escalting difficulty on Survival retrys. If I decide to retry after being KO'd with x # of wins, my first fight shouldn't start off at a difficulty somewhere near x. First fight should equal first fight every time. The idea of having to exit the game to retry if f'ing ludicrous. <nevermind the mode and AI themselves>

Fastlane

I wouldn't mind if they got rid of largest health. Getting tired of seeing 7 out of 10 lobbies have 3 rounds of largest health. Makes the matches last like 20 minutes.

PJudge

Add some more music to the online menu, showdown gets very repetitive after having to search for a fight for 5 to 10 minutes at a time.
Net code has been mentioned, so I won't say it again.

PJudge

A music track that should be added to the online menu or menus in general should be Blazed Up Melpomene, Helena's theme from DOA2.
I'd be ok with that, I just want something different from the same ONE song over and over. It's different when it's an instrumental because it can loop more naturally.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
OK heres a suggestion for the patch ...
FIX FREE CANCELING BACK TO WHAT IT WAS ..
as it is now .. its pretty fucked up ...

I can give a few examples with KOKORO.
- PPH,P ... the 3rd P would not come out at all ...
- 7PH,7K ... you end up getting 7PK and not 2 moves .. .

After a Little testing from my side and Mr.Wah from his, it seems that the free cancel doesn't register when you attempt it on a move that has a charge animation during the charge frames ... which is kinda fucked ..and in other situations it seems like you have to do the free cancel on the recovery frames ...
this was not the case before and certainly not the case in VF (the games grand daddy)..

These are just two examples .. theres plenty more. It just makes the game feel very .. wonky ..

I suggest they return free canceling back to what it used to be.. bufferable

Stikku

Buffering altogether is wonky in DOA5. The above noted issue is not strictly attributable to only free-canceling.
Of course it needs to be fixed.

DForev

I haven't been reading through this thread, so no idea if it has been mentioned, but with offline tourney support something everyone wants, why not ask TN to add a news feed or something similar with offline tourney updates into DOA5. Probably a good way of informing players of any tournament being hosted close by. It can prioritise the same region as the player but also provide info on all regions. Maybe they can just add the 'bigger' tourneys if it's too cluttered. Add in livestream urls too.

Heck, just copy paste FSD's event calendar.

Then they can also add encouragements like 'Hey, we noticed you're an S+ rank in online DOA5. Why not test your skills at an offline tournament? The next tourney nearest to your location is ___' or 'Hey, we noticed you use Zack online a lot. We don't see many Zack players at offline tournaments, so why not showcase some Zack skill at the next offline tourney nearest to your location at ___'. Ok, maybe that's going overboard...

Gruff757

Standard Donor
....posting it in the forum is nice and all....but are you guys actually TWEETING this stuff????

I'd like a volleyball minigame. Also mud wrestling. That has to be a thing.
Please improve the breast mechanics. They look like waterbeds, not soft and bouncy breasts we all know and love.
Brunette Tina would be nice. Ponytails for Hitomi, Kokoro and Lei Fang. Hayate's long hair.
Ability to share screenshots. Rewind feature in spectator mode.
Compatibility patch for online costumes. I want everyone to know I have Hitomi's bunny costume.
Ability to share videos on youtube (would be amazing); no one gives two fucks about facebook.
Remove 4-5 round matches in ranked. (why are they there?)
ABILITY TO LEAVE THE GAME AT YOUR DISCRETION.
FIX THE KICK OPTION.
INCREASE TIME IN BETWEEN GAMES FROM 3 SECONDS TO 10 SECONDS.
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HAVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE TO JAPANESE AND ENGLISH FOR INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS.
Also increase the recovery on low holds and holds in general, decrease the active frame window for all holds, and maybe make it so that the deeper you are in the stun threshold the lower your damage is from said hold.
And it might just be me but I'm not too fond of stagger escaping. An option to set the game at maximum stagger escape in lobby matches would be nice.
Just some thoughts.
those so much

AegisOrnus

Characters with a lot of strings going low have a huge advantage over say Mila. Not a fan of that.
I have no idea if anyone called you on this yet, but as a Mila user, I have to say that she works beautifully with water and ice. She has very effective lows which come out at all kinds of speeds. You can trip someone up for a while using Mila. This is a non-issue.

Mavis

I haven't read through all these pages so not sure if someone has mentioned it yet, and
I'm probably in the minority here but I'd like some more win poses, win poses that actually make sense.

*punches someone in the face and looks down at their defeated body*

"Cherry blossoms and warriors"

*walks away*

:confused:

Oh and as a PS3-only owner, I would love to see a custom music option for the PS3 version too.

Can't comment on the technical stuff like the rest of you guys as I haven't played it long enough to really understand it.

Mavis

Are you crazy? That win pose/quote is crazy good. It makes me laugh my ass off everytime.
I agree, as a Kokoro main i love it too (i just don't get it) but i want more of these quotes. We only have 2 per character or something rather which isnt enough imo. I mean fixes to the gameplay comes first obviously, but this is just a small thing i'd personally like added via patch.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD