Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

Omegan Eckhart

I'd like to see all characters buffed to Jann Lee's level but I just don't see that happening. The likely solution will be to nerf characters like Jann instead.

synce

Oh boy they're going to make the "overpowered" moves fair. What moves are these? I haven't ran into anything I haven't found a solution for. I just know at least half the roster is getting nerfed and both my mains will be on that list, even though one deserves a buff if anything. Too many whiny bitches online.

Raansu

Oh boy they're going to make the "overpowered" moves fair. What moves are these? I haven't ran into anything I haven't found a solution for. I just know at least half the roster is getting nerfed and both my mains will be on that list, even though one deserves a buff if anything. Too many whiny bitches online.

Nerfing anything will be the death of this game.

Darrell

Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Use whatever language your feel comfortable in. Japanese, English, whatever! Get ready...FIGHT! (or tweet or...) #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
38m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] If you don't agree with someone's opinion, talk about it! Discuss things (fight?) amongst yourselves! #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
39m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] One more request... #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
40m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Different staff members handle bugs and balance, so we can deal with both aspects at the same time. #DOA5

Expand
41m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will deal with bugs as soon as we find the cause, and we definitely want to improve the overall experience. #DOA5

Expand
42m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] I know a lot of people will want to deal with online issues first, so I'll touch on that a little here. #DOA5

Expand
43m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Also, the content and timing of the update is still being considered. We will let you know when those are set. #DOA5

Expand
44m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] So that's it! This will apply to all territories around the world, so we need to be really careful how we proceed. #DOA5

Expand
45m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Please use the hashtag #DOA5_balance so we can keep track easily. #DOA5

Expand
47m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will consider your responses carefully when we make our final decisions. #DOA5

Expand
47m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 4: I will tweet questions about certain aspects to get your feedback. #DOA5

Expand
48m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Rather than kill personality to make everyone the same, we'll strengthen the weak characters to make a fair fight. #DOA5

Expand
49m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 3: We will not change the concept and importance of keeping each character's individuality. #DOA5

Expand
50m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 2: Bug fixes are included in this consideration. #DOA5

Expand
51m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 2: We will balance aspects we feel are not fair. Moves that are way too strong or which have strange motion, etc. #DOA5

Expand
52m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will only tweak things we feel are absolutely necessary. #DOA5

Expand
53m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 1: As a rule, we are not going to do anything that makes all of your practice up to now pointless. #DOA5

Expand
57m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Please keep in mind that we're still considering what exactly to update, but this should give you an idea how we're thinking. #DOA5

Expand
57m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] As I mentioned last week, I'd like to explain the direction for balancing things moving forward. #DOA5

Expand
Apples to Apples_ Glamorous Bigfoot.gif

Raansu

What about nerfing wake up kicks?

What about them? I have no problem dealing with them now and I fear them WAY less than I did in DoA4. Most of the time it's better to tech roll than to go for a wake up kick because chances are you're going to get hit easily with a whiff punishment.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't think nerfing holds slightly would ruin the game.

Actually it can. If you know much about balance game mechanics that includes everything. There already moves that are already harder to hold than others. There are also the punish damage system that if you play offline people will realize how much it is possible to punish holds. Not saying holds don't need to be toned down I'm saying at this point nerfing anything CAN infact ruin a lot of other things.

synce

^ Good point about dragon gunner, although I don't think it's OP or anything

Nerfing wakeup kicks doesn't make sense because unlike those other games we have counters. Also this is a major fundamental change, I don't see anything like that or counter windows being patched

...But trust me you would miss those strong wakeup kicks when you get knocked down near a wall and your opponent is rushing you

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
^ Good point about dragon gunner, although I don't think it's OP or anything

Nerfing wakeup kicks doesn't make sense because unlike those other games we have counters. Also this is a major fundamental change, I don't see anything like that or counter windows being patched

...But trust me you would miss those strong wakeup kicks when you get knocked down near a wall and your opponent is rushing you
Especially Jann Lee. XD

jinis god

hmmm let me see. cosmetic stuff i cant really say, i wanted a ttt2 or vf style of customizing my person, but im dam sure that wont happen.
replay rewind,take away the goofy u dont rank high enough to post replay stuff, since there are costume packs. toughen them up. theres enough bikini,dresses, etc.

cant think of nothin else for now

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Also I like to point out I don't think anything is wrong with Dragon Gunner. It ALWAYS pretty much been an OH since God knows when. No need to nerf it. I don't think anything in the game should be nerf as Raanu said.

DR2K

Also I like to point out I don't think anything is wrong with Dragon Gunner. It ALWAYS pretty much been an OH since God knows when. No need to nerf it. I don't think anything in the game should be nerf as Raanu said.

It was a regular throw in DOA2.

He isn't a grappler, he never was, and never will be. Get rid of the OH or give it everyone else an OH. It's not going to make him any less viable, it just means he doesn't have the option that grapplers with less options have.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Christie stance throw is not the same. Jann Lee always been my favorite male character in DOA. I used him in pretty much every doa. The best way to avoid Dragon Gunner ALWAYS been to crouch because it always caught you during attacks even in DOA2. I don't see why people should have an issue crouching, or low countering dragon gunner. I don't. Point is the move is fine.

Django

Turn dragon gunner into a regular throw. Why does a non grappler have an OH, lol?
Tina running throw shining wizard isn't even an OH :|

and i think the only thing tina really needs is for 46P to be + on block, not 0.
at least +4 for it to matter, even with a +3 setup i am getting CH for attacking...
i heard it was +5 in DOA4.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD