Tekken

Radiance

Finished the story mode in only a few hours. Not long, but not short enough to complain about. It was cool hearing the story from a outside perspective, but at the same time the reporter guy was kinda irrelevant. Good luck to anyone who attempts special story chapter on hardest difficulty \Kappa

Customization is cool, T6 is still definitely the best customization in tekken. Shared clothing items still look bulky instead of fitted like in TTT2.

Online netcode is fine, unfortunately me and many other people seem to be having problems synching with players. I've heard opening your ports fixes this error but i didnt have to do this in TTT2

All the new characters interest me, been dabbling with claudio and shaheen. I main Lee but unforunately i feel like the new bound system kind of screws him over, his options after bounds/screw attacks are limited and dmg isnt great. He does still probably have the best wall carry

Argentus

okay i'm having a helluva time time trying to get shoryuken inputs to work on this game. am i doing something wrong?

Also for once i agree with @Tyaren game is blurry as fuck on ps4. Assuming it's just because i don't have a Pro.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The load time thing? It takes around 5-8 seconds on my end for PS4. As for the poor image, I don't see it lol

The load times are a bit slow actually. There is even 1-2 short pauses during most character load screens.

As for the image quality, it's not exactly in the wrong either but it is tolerable. I have to admit, as much as I'm starting to like this game so far, there are some things where I feel people are giving far too much credit for with this game.

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

Got the game and spent about 2hours alone in practice mode with Master Raven and she is the truth, so much more fun accessible and viable then Raven, he won't be missed. couldn't give a shit about single player content, IJ2 has the blockbuster budget from WB to afford to add everything its got but in the end it still has the same janky NRS gameplay that I hate so they're games are nothing but glorified direct to video movies for me where i'll simply youtube the story mode and move on.

Either way its a breath of fresh air to finally have a new 3D fighter to play on current gen with my interest in DOA5 at rock bottom. T7 has reignited the flame

Argentus

tekken's still probably THE clunkiest/most sluggish 3d fighter i've ever played, but i'm still trying to actually learn it this time.

Trying arcade mode. Got up to Kazumi and can't beat her. Freaking AI reacting to everything i try to do pissing me off.

The ai literally just fucking stands still until i press a button, then whatever I pressed, they automatically punish with the appropriate counter move.

no tutorial REALLY isn't helping things lol.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
tekken's still probably THE clunkiest/most sluggish 3d fighter i've ever played, but i'm still trying to actually learn it this time.

Trying arcade mode. Got up to Kazumi and can't beat her. Freaking AI reacting to everything i try to do pissing me off.

The ai literally just fucking stands still until i press a button, then whatever I pressed, they automatically punish with the appropriate counter move.

no tutorial REALLY isn't helping things lol.

Who are you using?

Tekken is one of those games where you literally have to go online and check the community videos on how to perform certain things as well as movement. Harada even hides frame data for terrible reasons. He mentions something about hiding most of the stuff to avoid making the game too easy, but the game isn't exactly something people would learn within a week even if they knew frame data, so what's the actual harm of turning it on?

Argentus

Ah damn, can't help you with that one. I don't know most of the characters myself and I am still trying to learn movement on sway characters in general.

well it took almost a full fucking hour of constantly hitting continue, but i finally beat her.

No satisfaction whatsoever because it was just pure luck the ai decided to suddenly NOT autocounter every input I made for some reason.

Argentus

okay so. Think i'm finally starting to understand why Tekken always felt so damn clunky. I've been looking at it from the wrong perspective.

I've been trying to do single moves like in every other game, but Tekken is designed where everything is meant for combos. Practicing with Josie who's got tons of combos intersecting each other and was having a helluva time trying to fight normally until i went back into training to rerun through the movelist again and realized what the problem i was having was.

i made custom outfits for Eliza and Josie with the default stuff you can work with

18766737_1905774486339604_1910149388424356351_o.jpg

18839757_1905780863005633_3865587323362210355_o.jpg

18815406_1905781099672276_6181927880180768244_o.jpg

But jesus seriously, Eliza has a huge ass lol

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

Looks like the PC version of T7 is the most successful fighter on steam to date gaining the highest amount of concurrent users Day 1 beating out both the pc versions of SFV and MKX while having overwhelmingly positive user reviews. Who woulda thunk releasing an amazing port day and date with the console version would yield these results. take note Team Ninja and NRS

HajinMonSect

I hate that they added a powerblow function like doa5 now and the graphics seem very off...how do I say this, its like its not clear, always foggy and blurry with no hard edges. The rain makes it more noticeable. I always liked tekken over doa but cant believe old ass doa5 makes this game look and feel bad.

Oh well, i enjoy the Mishimas and I get to play as my girl Asuka again. Shame they did away with character endings..

Argentus

I hate that they added a powerblow function like doa5 now and the graphics seem very off...how do I say this, its like its not clear, always foggy and blurry with no hard edges. The rain makes it more noticeable. I always liked tekken over doa but cant believe old ass doa5 makes this game look and feel bad.

Oh well, i enjoy the Mishimas and I get to play as my girl Asuka again. Shame they did away with character endings..

on console it's a little blurry, like its a lower resolution being zoomed in on. On PC apparently it's a lot more crisp.

Enjoying Eliza and Josie so far. Eliza is super easy and simple but its gonna take me a long time to remember all of Josie's moves. Haven't really tried anyone else yet.

HajinMonSect

Well I'm enjoying treasure mode. It's rewarding to be able to hone your skills and rack up items. More entertaining to me than survival or time attack but the game is definitely a downgrade from Tekken 6 and TT2.

Radiance

Being playing with the new characters. So far went through the basics with claudio, Katarina, Lucky chloe, and Shaheen. Katarina is definitely user friendly, good pokes, good damage, and very good wall carry. I just hate her back dash, it feels like shit. I dont like lucky chloe, she feels restricting and lacking in punishments but i might go through her again. I havent put down shaheen, he has really good pokes, mix ups and solid bnbs. I might make him my sub

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD