Tengu Being Added? Female?

ChrisArmoun

Found this pic on the official TN Twitter today and it was immediately identifiable as Tengu. However upon closer inspection the mask appears to only cover half of the face, and the bottom portion seems rather slender, hinting at a female (Is she grinning?). Also there's no beard, white or otherwise, and the hair hints at twin ponytails of some sort. I could be reading more into than there is is but it's definitely for DOA5UA

TenguDOA5UA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kronin

A mask is a mask, not a face. The hair color could say ayane, but the exposed part reminds me of marie rose. Tengu outfit? XD

Do you think that the picture could be a photoshopped one made from more characters? So - indeed - to deceive the fans?

Kronin

I'm still so mad ...

Try to look to the positive side.

If it's a new character and Team Ninja will give to it almost the totality of Bankotsubo's moveset, the fans of the old Tengu will get at least the possibility to play with the fighting style that they liked (in the end the priority for a fighting game, even if of course will not be ever exactly the same thing).

Otherwise, If its moveset will be comepletely different, there will be again the possibility to get Bankotsubo in future (also if very likely not in DoA5U).

Last edited:

Kronin

The mask in the picture is definitely based on this design for Ayane, but the hairs appear different and longer if you increase the light of the photo:

Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large

Of course I could be wrong and this could be really an outfit for Ayane (and I hope so).

Ayane's hair is easily long enough to have a hairstyle where the pigtails are that long. Or they could just give her long pigtails regardless, as there's no reason that alternate hairstyles have to be the same length as their default hair.

ALBUMMM12B3733006028097.jpg

While I'm not saying it's definitely an Ayane costume, I'm still saying it's a possibility.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD