Tengu Players Unite !

synce

Yeah that's the typical female tengu, but it occured to me this is DOA. I have a few designs ranging from loli tengu to MILF tengu, no grannies or fatties lol

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It needs to be Bankotsubo. Story be damned. I'm not asking for his return to continuity. I'm asking to get my damn character back for versus.

And by "my character", I mean Bankotsubo, not some lame Bankotsubo wannabe. Hell, part of what made him so fucking cool was his voice. It would be a huge crime to forever lose that voice for the sake of this series' shallow story.

If we really, truly must have a female tengu (which we don't), then just make it be one of Bankotsubo's costumes or something. He needs to stay.

Kronin

BOAdTnyCUAAlq3V.jpg

This is the only "Female Tengu" reference that I would love to see in the game (and if also you agree with me... https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/351312993860079616 ) ;)

I've seen that DoA5 Ultimate is in the list of the participants games during the TGS 2013: do you think that TN could reveal in this occasion the last character for DoA5U Arcade (that will be released this winter)?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Awesmic, sure the Tengu we know is dead, but it would be disappointing to see a different model, if this were to happen I'm sure this Tengu would be insanely sexy, and I don't want that.

I like that old ugly bastard. He sticks out like a sore thumb on the roster.

Oh, and when the Fu tore off the nose of Tengu... was he picking up Ryu's scraps? Because he killed Bankotsubo... not the Fu. If that's the case I would say that Genfu is indeed a scavenger, and I also imagine he came up with some elaborate tale of how he destroyed Tengu... a lie to tell his granddaughter.

Brute

Standard Donor
Oh, and when the Fu tore off the nose of Tengu... was he picking up Ryu's scraps?
I suppose so. Not all of the endings are canon in DOA2, though. For example, Ayane claims she beat Tengu in her ending, when obviously she didn't.
But, he does canonicalyl save Mei Lin, so he did get that Tengu nose at some point, I guess.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Awesmic, sure the Tengu we know is dead, but it would be disappointing to see a different model, if this were to happen I'm sure this Tengu would be insanely sexy, and I don't want that.
You're reading too much into my post... but I don't blame you, as often as I post about hawt Asian chicks on Facebook.

I'm not asking for a sexed up Tengu, I'm asking for one more ruthless than the previous. This, if anything, would imply ugliness to the character. Or should we say, "oogliness"?

David Gregg

Let's revive this thread. Forlorn has some Tengu things in the works but for now let's just keep this thread alive. Also it would be much appreciated that, if you are against Tengu's addition, that you please keep out negative comments. We already know there are anti-Tengu players but the purpose of this thread is for the people who want him back (hence the title of this thread).

Project: Tengu Revival!!

revival.png

Last edited:

David Gregg

I think we are going to have to come up with some ideas about him having, in addition to his classical outfits/appearances, a new design look however. @Forlorn Penguin is actually working on a redesign as we speak.

Let's face it though, what keeps shutting down the idea of Tengu over and over again by players (and most likely TN) is his appearance. If he had an updated look that people liked that could also stay somewhat true to Tengu, he might have a shot.

project revival.png

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I like that Penguin is keeping his wits. Kodachi made Tengu's daughter. Looks really nice... the more productivity we see among our small community of demons the chances of our character coming back raise.

I would get a vasectomy to bring him back.

David Gregg

No way. Tengu is one of the only fictional tengus that actually LOOKS like a traditional Japanese Tengu mask. He's da bomb that way! Don't change it.

I agree with you all the way Brute but the problem is we need to get him back in the game first before we can worry about his appearance and his chances aren't looking too good as he was left out twice (5 and 5U) even when we thought the fanbase was large enough (which it's not unfortunately). He would also have all of his classical appearances/outfits so it would be very easy to ignore a new outfit/look. I know some of you will cringe at this but...

Edit: Deleted. Not Tengu enough. :/

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm all for Bankotsubo receiving new costumes, but as far as redesigning the character himself, I'm not. He's already been redesigned once and I wasn't too fond of that either. I like his DOAD redesign, but I think he looked better before it. I'd be willing to accept his DOAD redesign (and honestly, I expect that to be what we get, should he return), but making a big change to him is a big no no.

And as far as costumes go, he absolutely, positively needs to have all three of his DOA2U costumes at the bare minimum. There is no excuse for not including them. Even if he receives no further costumes beyond those three, those three, at the very least, need to be there.

Oh, and I like this image. Totally snagging it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD