Texture Editing (PC)

herr_Fuchs

Hayabusapack C1,2,3 and 6
game 2015-04-13 21-55-37-11.jpg

game 2015-04-13 21-20-44-19.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-20-45-10.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-20-45-79.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-20-46-43.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-37-25-79.jpg
game 2015-04-13 21-53-53-84.jpg
game 2015-04-13 21-53-30-37.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-55-01-30.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-05-22-31.jpg

C1- quite the same outfit ...but better :D
C2- more Snakey
C3 - I hated this Costume but ironicly its now my favorite xD
C4- changed minimum

Note!
C1 and C2 has some different colors when he does spezialattacks (dunno the name) ,I just added some colors (maybe not noticable).
SHARINGAN-eyes is in the c1 folder so u maybe must download the folder.
downloadlink:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uhd9m3hc5rdvt,jupv299cv8t7a,tan3qdmsuizk9,ec6ruwyq135v1/shared

game 2015-04-13 21-32-15-50.jpg
game 2015-04-13 21-32-04-34.jpg game 2015-04-13 21-32-24-26.jpg

Rig white Gi
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kkifblaeizad8/Rig_white_Gi

have fun :)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hayabusa costumes are awesome. He doesn't really need an eye color change, though.

vinaro

I see someone made Hayabusa's DOA3 costume! You have no idea how much I wanted that and how much hated the DLC version! Great job!

Can someone make a Pink or Purple version of Lei fang's dress?

Xhominid The Demon Within

OMG, it would be absolutely perfect if they gave Jann Kizaru's Admiral outfit with it on top of it!

Hayabusapack C1,2,3 and 6
View attachment 10120
View attachment 10138 View attachment 10139 View attachment 10140 View attachment 10141 View attachment 10142 View attachment 10144 View attachment 10143 View attachment 10145 View attachment 10146

C1- quite the same outfit ...but better :D
C2- more Snakey
C3 - I hated this Costume but ironicly its now my favorite xD
C4- changed minimum

Note!
C1 and C2 has some different colors when he does spezialattacks (dunno the name) ,I just added some colors (maybe not noticable).
SHARINGAN-eyes is in the c1 folder so u maybe must download the folder.
downloadlink:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uhd9m3hc5rdvt,jupv299cv8t7a,tan3qdmsuizk9,ec6ruwyq135v1/shared

View attachment 10148 View attachment 10147 View attachment 10149

Rig white Gi
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kkifblaeizad8/Rig_white_Gi

have fun :)

Funny how a Naruto Hayabusa outfit was immediately next...

Waiting on that Honoka Hinata outfit.

That's funny because I thought Phase already had a great face so only thing that's been changed is the detail in the eyebrows. Even kept the shape. Everything else is the same as default.

I think maybe the difference is at the outer sides of the eyebrows. I dont feel that the originals taper down as much...

Would you kindly post a side-by-side of the original and this mod? I can tell you what it could be that throws down the likeness. :)

ChrisArmoun

I'm playing round with some different eye reflections to see how they react ingame. This is more a studio lighting effect. The game picks it up really clean. Also painted an orbital scar set on Mila just to see how well I could blend it. None of this is being uploaded at that moment as it's all just testing at this point. Mila actually has a full face texture as opposed to the half textures of all the others I've tried so far. Lots of potential for alterations and asymmetric designs but the truth is that I like Mila's face so any changes I did make would be minimal.
MilaFace.jpg

Okay, so I took the liberty of doing the comparison shot myself.

This is what I see that's breaking the resemblance:

1) From the central edge of the eyebrows to their middle, they are actually wider (taller?) and become ever-so-slightly narrower towards the outer edges. Yours actually appear thicker closer to the edges.

2) I love how your superdetailed eyebrows show much less populated (for lack of a better term in my vocabulary) towards the nose bridge. However, to be consistent with the original, this effect must happen in a much smaller part of those inner edges, only at the immediate starting point of the brows.

3) The outer edges (on the bottom part of the eyebrow) definitely don't taper down as noticeably on the original Kasumi/Phase 4. Its much more subtle, almost straight.

I realize this is very tricky. Just like working on a portrait. A little trial and error. =) I'm a sketch artist.

Attachments

• Comp.JPG
    Comp.JPG
    719 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

PX80

View attachment 9638 View attachment 9639 View attachment 9640 View attachment 9641 View attachment 9635 View attachment 9636 View attachment 9637 Played around with it a bit more just now, open to any ideas or suggestions. I am pretty good at texturing so fire away :3

PS: wanted some opinions on my ENB settings. Unfortunately they aren't compatible with Umod but I imagine once the unpacker becomes the method we all use it won't matter much.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u...024_H1024_F894720068_T_0XAB4060FB5D62CB54.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7...024_H1024_F827611204_T_0X854E8AEF40D2AB87.dds

it does work with umod! Much appreciated! Ein was ruined for me in DOA due to lack of good costumes

I might be a bit out of subject here, but I really wanted to point that out :

Honoka's face "incident" put the light on a very interesting physiognomy point. I checked her face's model, and as I stated before her eyes form is different from MR's. The rest is nearly the same, excepted for her make-up
So they basically have the same face, minus one detail... and that detail appear like a major difference for some (like me) and was nearly insignificant for the other. It's just like the "dead eyes" syndrome of the FF film that led to the fusion of square and enix, a little thing make it all.
This, on a modeling standpoint is really important. When you look at Kasumi's or leifang, they doesn't appear to have the same face. But they are really similar. Their "construction" is nearly the same as they were constructed with the "same" idea of "beauty", that is a face "proportionate". Long story short, when we look at a face, we tend to globalize it's shape, and the detail that stand too much out are considered ugly. Thus, on a large scale study, it was proved that we prefer a "normal" one (by that I mean conform to the norm). If you take a look at all the DOA's girls, and check their models without textures, you'll notice that their faces are all pretty similar. All of them are constructed on the same base that we all use to create "beautiful" girls, and then some variation were added.
So in the end, what make them look different are "details". And those appear different depending on the person, the light, the angle...
I think that kokoro's face is strange due to a detail that appear odd, if we can change that, she will look gorgeous. If we're going to change how the cast look, and if we want to preserve their characters, we must work with that in mind.
Just my littles coins on the matter.
I tried modeling Ayane a while ago. I wanted to see what she would look like with more realistic facial anatomy. But it became an endless task, I would change one minor feature and be unable to decide which version was better. The DoA5 models weren't that much different to the one I built in the end. It was only really the DoA5 jaws and noses that were much smaller than the realistic ones I made. I studied photos of japanese pop idols and pictures from japanese dentists to try and get a grasp of the anatomy.
M59aJEU.jpg

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Okay, so I took the liberty of doing the comparison shot myself.

This is what I see that's breaking the resemblance:

1) From the central edge of the eyebrows to their middle, they are actually wider (taller?) and become ever-so-slightly narrower towards the outer edges. Yours actually appear thicker closer to the edges.

2) I love how your superdetailed eyebrows show much less populated (for lack of a better term in my vocabulary) towards the nose bridge. However, to be consistent with the original, this effect must happen in a much smaller part of those inner edges, only at the immediate starting point of the brows.

3) The outer edges (on the bottom part of the eyebrow) definitely don't taper down as noticeably on the original Kasumi/Phase 4. Its much more subtle, almost straight.

I realize this is very tricky. Just like working on a portrait. A little trial and error. =) I'm a sketch artist.
It's like a mix of Mila and Kasumi >.< xD (the image file)

Darkslay

Little request here, for anyone that wishes to do it.

Lee´s DOA2/U C5 (black suit, black shoes, red shirt and grey tie)
74px-0,97,0,167-DOA2U_Jann_C5.png

Should be simple since it would just be a recolor of his C6 :)

Baal bal

I tried modeling Ayane a while ago. I wanted to see what she would look like with more realistic facial anatomy. But it became an endless task, I would change one minor feature and be unable to decide which version was better. The DoA5 models weren't that much different to the one I built in the end. It was only really the DoA5 jaws and noses that were much smaller than the realistic ones I made. I studied photos of japanese pop idols and pictures from japanese dentists to try and get a grasp of the anatomy.
M59aJEU.jpg
Her face is already pretty realistic IMO.
I have no proof but I'm sure they used the classic "perfect standard face" for all the DOA girl as a base and added detail to make them different.
As you experimented yourself, it's a nightmare to remodel due to this "small variation build" and I'm not sure we can pull it off.
I won't be able to help you before 4 weeks 'cause I'm entering exams period, but I bet you can find more informations by reading some physiognomy articles (my knowledge mainly come from my anatomy lessons, not modeling).
In my opinion there is not a single "unrealistic" face in DOA right now, we have so much diversity in term of faces that finding a perfect clone of Ayane or Kasumi is perfectly plausible. She have a bit of an "exophtalmie"(don't know the english name), and this is accentuated by her hairdo, but yeah it's not an "Impossible face" (although if you ever meet a girl this beautiful, take a picture and call me haha).
If you want to make them look more like a "normal girl" without making them uglier and keep their look, you should start by reducing the eyes size, then adjust the proportion according to that... but it's going to be a nightmare haha. Except for minor improvement on Hitomi or Kokoro, I doubt any of us non-proffecionals designers would be able to make something that look better that the actual faces.
I believe this is my last message before 4 weeks, so good luck everyone !

herr_Fuchs

Hayabusa costumes are awesome. He doesn't really need an eye color change, though.
I just did bcause it suits to his clothes :p
Costumes look good, but did you... give Hayabusa the Sharingan? lol
Yes bcause nowone knows his secret xD
I thought before that actually sharingan would suit Hayat ,he reminds me of Itachi a little bit.

I forgot the last costume that I want to retex .
(havent expected that it would take so long -_-)

RYU HAYABUSA COSTUME 6
game 2015-04-14 23-22-17-19.jpg

game 2015-04-14 23-22-17-61.jpg

game 2015-04-14 22-11-50-08.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-26-11-07.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-27-16-31.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-28-05-90.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-28-11-68.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-29-57-14.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-30-09-22.jpg
before - after
x1.jpg x2.jpg
And I did recolour some effects again:
game 2015-04-14 23-27-30-39.jpg
game 2015-04-14 23-27-32-57.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-27-34-18.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-27-36-04.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-27-40-49.jpg game 2015-04-14 23-27-41-63.jpg

I actually planed to do Hayate but ,believe it or not that torse texture was so difficult that it took to much time for 1 day :p
I will try the next days.

have fun
downloadlink:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uhd9m3hc5rdvt/ryu_c6

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg
Here are the mods that I have made so far. You can download them from my OneDrive here.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=bf9b584fdf30de3b!2183&authkey=!AOfhrd__5YNc_fI&ithint=folder%2c7z

There are also more screenshots of the mods there if you would like to look at them.
All screenshots were taken with SweetFX on so colors my slightly vary depending on your setup if you so choose to try them. As you can see there are 4 costume mods and 1 stage mod, feel free to give them a try if you want.

Here is how you install the mods.

1, Download and install GeDoSaTo. http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
2, After you have installed GeDoSaTo put the Game/Override folder into Gedosato's Texture folder.
3, In GedoSaTo click on the User Whitelist button. Type in the word “game” (don't include quotation marks.) in the Whitelist and SAVE. (game is the name of DOA's executable.”
4, Click on the Edit Setting button and find the option “enableTextureOverride” and change false to true then save.

If you have other mods that use Umod, GeDoSaTo and Umod can run at the same time. Use Umod just as you normally would.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD