The 360 Pad (Controller) Thread

Allan Paris

Just go with a silver twist pad and keep it in the "down" position so it doesn't snap off. Infinitely better than the stock 360 pad.

Oh, well this is why mine snapped off, plus me having big hands and being rough doesn't help. It was great while it lasted. I actually like it better when the d-pad was raised, I hate playing on the "down" position. I may get another and just learn to play with it "down".

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Well it IS better in the raised position. Right until it snaps off.

But the lower position is definitely still superior to the alternatives and you won't run into that issue.

Smithy

so far so good, went through training mode in doa4 with a few characters and this is definitely the best 360 pad i've tried. thanks for the heads up :)

Scott

I think some of these claims that you have to use a PS3 pad or fight stick to play DOA are a little extreme. While the early generation pads were a pain, I have a later model of the 360 controller and play just fine on it. Here's a picture:

fable-3-cont.jpg

If you have trouble with your pad I suggest going to Wal-Mart and picking a new one up. Should you be unlucky enough to pick up one you have trouble with, just return it. Even with a wonky pad, the only imputs I have trouble with in relation to the controller are spacing related(KBD). DOA isn't notorious for it's difficult imputs.

xD3VILMANx

Yeah, I pretty much found out the hard way that the D-pad should not be played in the raised position. Here is my unfortunate mishap that happened to one of my controllers that came with my Gears of War 3 console bundle:

6n0js.jpg
Did you ever fix it D Glock? The controllers aren't too difficult to take apart.

D Glock

Nope. :( I just have it laying around. I know how to open 'em, I just don't think there's much that can be done about the broken D-pad that snapped off.

Raansu

Yeah, I pretty much found out the hard way that the D-pad should not be played in the raised position. Here is my unfortunate mishap that happened to one of my controllers that came with my Gears of War 3 console bundle:

6n0js.jpg

Damn they still haven't fixed that? I remember buying mine like the week they came out then breaking it a few days later lol. Oh well, it's not as good in the lowered position but the d-pad is still better than the older controllers.

D Glock

www.llamma.com used to carry replacement d-pads. I have 2 sets at home that I bought just in case mine broke. These were the only ones I found on ebay for about $10. http://tinyurl.com/ct8cdsr

I had no idea about this. Thanks for the heads up.
Damn they still haven't fixed that? I remember buying mine like the week they came out then breaking it a few days later lol. Oh well, it's not as good in the lowered position but the d-pad is still better than the older controllers.

I actually prefer it in the lowered position, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD