lld6j5o.gif

zGINNKD.gif

NxBRxD.gif
I went from mild interest in this game to "maybe when it's $16"

Tyaren

Standard Donor
niKU6h8.gif

K26ADLU.gif

The only thing telling this is not a Pixar movie but actual gameplay of a video game are the medicinal herb icons (which you unfortunately can't turn off) in the second gif.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yesterday a Q&A with the Horizon Zero Dawn developers took place and this question and answer imo fit perfectly in here:

Fan question:
Hi guys, I have a lot of praise for this game, but I feel that in particular I must praise the photo mode. As a working photographer and a life long sci-fi gamer nerd, you do not know how much it satisfies me to be able to change the freaking aperture (all the way up to f/1.2, my god), exposure and even time of day to mess around with the sun flare. It's like both of my worlds have collided and thus my head has exploded a little. I'm busy with work at the moment but when I have time I'm going to go back and play the game for the sake of more epic photos!!

HZD's lead lighting artist:
Hi! Thank you for the kind comments, it really means a lot to hear people appreciate the work that went into creating both the game and the photomode. As a photographer myself (and being somewhat obsessed with fast lenses and available light photography) it became quite the pet-project on the game, and I wanted the photomode to be interesting to both people who had never worked with a camera, and people who had, and early on we decided to make it the best experience for all people, and not something which was so complex and daunting in terms of interface that using it would be a chore, rather than a natural extension of the Horizon experience. That said, as we were putting all our effort into making this game the best we could possibly make it, photomode initially was not going to make the initial release. Not because we didn’t want to put it in, but because there simply was not enough time. The core people involved with the Photomode were 3 talented programmers and myself with some help from the visual design and UI teams on a couple of the border designs and interface elements. We really could not stand the thought of releasing the game without photomode. So we ended up pushing really hard in order to get all functionality in that we could, and thankfully we were able to deliver a feature that we believe both the game and the player deserve. The results that have come out of the community are amazing, and people are thinking out of the box much more than we would have imagined, which is of course what photography is all about. We hope to see many more results made with it, as looking at the game through your eyes shows us things in ways we have not seen them before.

It is imo a wonderful development in gaming, that developers/artists/designers, who create true pieces of art with their games' visuals, do also add photomodes to truly appreciate their work. :) We had some really great examples implemented this generation in games like The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, Batman Arkham Knight and now Horizon Zero Dawn.
To celebrate this, let's post a few more artsy photos! (You too @Jadeinchains and @Chapstick! :D)

33109347410_f0ca5b22e0_o.png

33364510331_5ac11d81ec_o.png

33492639845_5daa60e9e4_o.png

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Oh I should actually check the extra photography tools out, I've messed around with changing the time of day a bit but so far not for any of the photo's I've took... ( actually I should take a picture of that spire again but at daytime! ) Also Horizon Zero Dawn was the first ever game I've played that actually had a dedicated photography mode, Now that I've used one though I hope more games include them. Anyway I'm off to take more pictures then! :D I'll maybe edit them into this post once I'm done.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh I should actually check the extra photography tools out, I've messed around with changing the time of day a bit but so far not for any of the photo's I've took... ( actually I should take a picture of that spire again but at daytime! ) Also Horizon Zero Dawn was the first ever game I've played that actually had a dedicated photography mode, Now that I've used one though I hope more games include them. Anyway I'm off to take more pictures then! :D I'll maybe edit them into this post once I'm done.

I thought for a while that you might like Uncharted 4. Great story, lots of exploration and action and absolutely beautiful visuals that you can capture with one of the best game photomodes. :) Here's a reminder of what you can do in that game:

uncharted_4_1_by_gamephotography-daubrmd.png

uncharted_4_3_by_gamephotography-daujqzw.png

uncharted_4_8_by_gamephotography-davvg61.png

uncharted_4_5_by_gamephotography-dauysjl.png

And you don't need to edit the pics into your old post. Make a new one to fill these thread's pages a little. ;)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah It looks like it has a great photo mode, Also good that this thread has reached a hundred pages! :D

That's me taken some more pictures as well so here's the ones I took, I messed around with the vibrant setting and time of day and depth of field etc!

F0hEK2q.jpg

bPVmPxa.jpg

pAfI44K.jpg

Rest in here :) -

PuRpxXM.jpg

e2JGT9E.jpg

NoNmhAV.jpg

FbRt6K4.jpg

COZZRg2.jpg

For someone who hasn't really delved into a photomode before and that is so reluctant to take and post photos these are actually really good! Good eye for interesting details and composition! :D But you are a good drawer too, I sometimes forget that, because I see so little of your stuff.

I see you are taking it easy with the Shield-Weaver Armor. XD
I've got to take a couple of shots of the late game Shadow Carja armor. The detail, textures and shaders are incredible there.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah It looks like it has a great photo mode, Also good that this thread has reached a hundred pages! :D

That's me taken some more pictures as well so here's the ones I took, I messed around with the vibrant setting and time of day and depth of field etc!

F0hEK2q.jpg

bPVmPxa.jpg

pAfI44K.jpg

Rest in here :) -

PuRpxXM.jpg

e2JGT9E.jpg

NoNmhAV.jpg

FbRt6K4.jpg

COZZRg2.jpg
For a second I thought that the "Rest in here" said "rest in peace" And I was expecting pics of Lisa XD

Jadeinchains

Thanks! :D Also "No thunderjaws were harmed in the making of these images" Yeah I'm already enjoying the photography mode a lot so I'll be making sure to take more pictures now that I've experienced it a little bit more. :)

( Kasumi just posted shade as I was writing this. )

And yeah I should maybe post more of the designs I've done for the design contests? I've got quite a lot of uncoloured ones from me preparing for the next design contest.

And lol! XD I just recently got the armoured so I'm just trying it out, Though I got it after completing the story and I can't lie it helps. :p It helps as well that it's got that nice force field affect.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Got The Battle Vixen Girls, they look GREAT!

C7Iyr5hXkAAKJD9.jpg:orig

I liked her more than I thought, although I changed her clothes to the green cheongasm and gave her the pixie cut hairstyle. It's empowering using her because apparently she "likes girls but she also likes boys" :p She also carries herself in a very way that makes it obvious she rolls both ways, I love her!!

C7Iyti4XkAEpkkQ.jpg:orig

My least favorite, she's OK but I don't really like her design or her playstyle. She also sounds way to similar to Asuka which is another reason why I prefer English voices...

C7IyvaTWkAIrJPO.jpg:orig

My favorite out of the three, I like her hair alot since it's the epitome of what I love: shaggy, long impractical bangs and of course the length and it being tied low. I love her style although it's hard to level up...The first girl I posted she's at level 50, second is at level 20 from two area runs and I did like 3-4 for Kanu but she's at 21 still :-/.

C7JKvL9V4AAl_d4.jpg:orig

C7JKsxAV4AAp1G7.jpg:orig

How my Ryona looks atm...I love Kanu's hair on her! The added pigtails and strand on the top give her the unkempt look I personally feel she should've had over her default hair which is way too short and tame imo.

C7JKqx9XQAgWt5C.jpg:orig

I gotta crop this soon so I can use it as my avatar ♡.♡

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Got The Battle Vixen Girls, they look GREAT!

C7Iyr5hXkAAKJD9.jpg:orig

I liked her more than I thought, although I changed her clothes to the green cheongasm and gave her the pixie cut hairstyle. It's empowering using her because apparently she "likes girls but she also likes boys" :p She also carries herself in a very way that makes it obvious she rolls both ways, I love her!!

C7Iyti4XkAEpkkQ.jpg:orig

My least favorite, she's OK but I don't really like her design or her playstyle. She also sounds way to similar to Asuka which is another reason why I prefer English voices...

C7IyvaTWkAIrJPO.jpg:orig

My favorite out of the three, I like her hair alot since it's the epitome of what I love: shaggy, long impractical bangs and of course the length and it being tied low. I love her style although it's hard to level up...The first girl I posted she's at level 50, second is at level 20 from two area runs and I did like 3-4 for Kanu but she's at 21 still :-/.

C7JKvL9V4AAl_d4.jpg:orig

C7JKsxAV4AAp1G7.jpg:orig

How my Ryona looks atm...I love Kanu's hair on her! The added pigtails and strand on the top give her the unkempt look I personally feel she should've had over her default hair which is way too short and tame imo.

C7JKqx9XQAgWt5C.jpg:orig

I gotta crop this soon so I can use it as my avatar ♡.♡

Well, I guess what you can say about the visuals of this game is that they are colorful and...well rounded. .__.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, I guess what you can say about the visuals of this game is that they are colorful and...well rounded. .__.
Yep! The only thing that annoys me is that it seems like every girl has the hime cut hairstyle if they wear it long >.> Where's the variety??

Chapstick

Yep! The only thing that annoys me is that it seems like every girl has the hime cut hairstyle if they wear it long >.> Where's the variety??
Katsuragi, Daidouji, Kagura
Boobs aside some of the designs are pretty good in SK imo. Mirai's civilian outfit that Kasumilover put on Ryona is my least favorite thing in the entire game though no afens

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Katsuragi, Daidouji, Kagura

Boobs aside some of the designs are pretty good in SK imo. Mirai's civilian outfit that Kasumilover put on Ryona is my least favorite thing in the entire game though no afens
Katsuragi and Kagura have hime cuts, Katsuragi just left side parts her and curls the bang to the side, Kagura's hime cut is basically how your hime cut will look if you don't keep the bangs and sidelocks trimmed and level, it's so shaggy but I still love it. Basically if the girl in SK has sidelocks that sit on the sides of her chest like Ikaruga, it's a hime cut, there's just different ways to style them like Ryobi and Yagyu's is in twin tails and Asuka and Homura wear theirs in ponytails.

And none taken XD I like it on Ryona in that color since it makes her look normal and how I'd like her to normally dress, her schoolgirl uniform is cute but the skirt is WAY too short for me and I don't like the basic green bubble underwear she wears with it, I prefer the thong version but the thong strings will show near the midriff in outfits that show stomach and I hate that which is why I prefer Mirai's outfit.

The outfit is arguably inappropriate on Mirai too, if she does her normal run animation and if the camera is normal angle it's an awkward auto panty shot o_o

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD