32614470524_96f889ba53_o.png

La-mia-grande-ripresa-Screenshot-2017-03-14-06-22-55.jpg

32614411144_7e95e2cb34_o.png

peebee3wsr8.png

33457592815_862e38fd62_o.png

La-mia-grande-ripresa-Screenshot-2017-03-14-06-19-52.jpg

33457406355_b5c85e6047_o.png

What do you think?
Can't really judge...I dislike most western RPGs and they all look bad except for the last one, the dark one. Idk what they did but that's probably one of the most realistic African American characters I've seen in a current Gen system, they did a great job capturing our characteristic fuller lips and facial structure...well for the most part since I don't have that type of face since I'm also mixed with Irish and Caucasian so I have only the medium skin tone, lips and hair texture of African descent XD.

The Horizon Dawn girl face also stands out from the others imo, as well as that one guy with the tribal head accessories, those three seem to be the best imo.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The Asari looks good in mass effect but somehow the humans look more like aliens than the actual one... And Horizon's gorgeous in general.

Here are ME:Andromeda's alternate female character models. They all look so disproportioned and...fake. D:

vrKISeR.jpg

It's...

292731-ccoblivion.jpg

...all over again.

And while some of Horizon's NPC's faces can act a little wonky during dialogues...I haven't seen anything like this before, lol:

U6qGkiX.gif

noot.gif

Idk what they did but that's probably one of the most realistic African American characters I've seen in a current Gen system, they did a great job capturing our characteristic fuller lips and facial structure...well for the most part since I don't have that type of face since I'm also mixed with Irish and Caucasian so I have only the medium skin tone, lips and hair texture of African descent XD.

Horizon Zero Dawn has by the way a very diverse cast. Caucasians, I would say, are even in the minority. Lot's of cool black, mixed and Asian characters.

Jadeinchains

I don't want to say this about ME since I like the series but honestly the eye's are what's throwing me off honestly, They don't look right. something about them. But yeah all the characters look amazing in Horizon they really look great.

Here are ME:Andromeda's alternate female character models. They all look so disproportioned and...fake. D:

vrKISeR.jpg

It's...

292731-ccoblivion.jpg

...all over again.

And while some of Horizon's NPC's faces can act a little wonky during dialogues...I haven't seen anything like this before, lol:

U6qGkiX.gif

noot.gif

scary-shit.gif

ahhhh! XD omg lol that is just... omg!

Pingu is such a good description... it's like they're lips fly away from they're face at every word... and wow the protagonist is not looking good either. Damn that's bad, You think they'd of spent... any time on the characters models and facial movements. I posted this already but look at Fran from the ps2!

tumblr_nd1cqwTMCw1rw2cxto1_500.gif

This genuinely looks better than ME, Again no offence to ME, I like the series.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I posted this already but look at Fran from the ps2!

tumblr_nd1cqwTMCw1rw2cxto1_500.gif

This genuinely looks better than ME, Again no offence to ME, I like the series.

This is an a little unfair comparison though, because FFXII was stylized in its art style and not going for a realistic look like Mass Effect. Stylized games, best example is Wind Waker probably, tend to look timeless, even if the tech as considerably improved.
In 5 years even the great Horizon models will look outdated too. :( The Mass Effect models look already outdated and just very weird now.

Jadeinchains

I suppose the style helps it, But still they managed to make it look that good on the ps2 not to mention the characters still have realistic proportions etc. I'd heard about ME:A having certain problems but I didn't realize it was quite so visible.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
O:

dhhxTbg.gif

Does anybody know which beast did this? Ravagers and thunderjaws have these kinds of laser beams but this seems to come from far up. Glinthawks and stormbirds however don't have this attack, do they?
@Chapstick
@Jadeinchains

Edit: Oh, I'm just blind, I see a thunderjaw there in the background. XD

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

It might be a Thunder jaw because they can pop a little flying disc out of the top of them that shots lasers, Other than that though I'm not really sure. Also I swear the battles in Horizon are so good! ( Jumping out of the way of a laser beam as it knocks down trees or evading a thunder jaw as it crashes into a boulder next to you and destroys the entire thing )

I'm really glad I got Horizon! :D Even in that gif it looks great.

Jadeinchains

Omg @Tyaren lol! XD I just realized too that you can actually see the thunderjaw in the background. XD Who'd have thought a multi-story robotic t-rex would blend in so well?! I guess I was correct though then. :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
all of Horizon's looks great. ME looks the eyes are painted on

Something so strange to me. This is not the first game Bioware made and not the first character models they created. One would think they'd realize that the eyes are the single most important part of a character. If the eyes look real and have soul you just overlook a couple of other inconsistencies. The ME eyes look absolutely dead however. No reflection, no shaders, no shadows cast by eyelids and lashes.

Omg @Tyaren lol! XD I just realized too that you can actually see the thunderjaw in the background. XD Who'd have thought a multi-story robotic t-rex would blend in so well?! I guess I was correct though then. :D

I think that happens because everything is so detailed in this game and all details kinda blend together and you don't know where to focus. ;)

Also a nice detail and pretty rare in games (other than PC games on highest settings):

okssso.gif

Gras casting actual shadows.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah there's really no point that I found in Horizon that wasn't beautiful, I actually deliberately face the camera in front of Aloy while I'm running away from enemies because It looks so cool. And yeah I like the little details like that In this game. I also got a weapon that lets you blast components off of the enemies and they have so much parts. And for ME yeah It really is the eye's more than anything, I've seen the environments and they look nice but the faces look off.

Jadeinchains

She's seen some stuff...

@Chapstick

I don't know about chapstick but no, Mass effect 2 looked great and I thought the characters in DA:I looked good too, Is it different people that are making this game? Also lol at her referring to her face in the gif.

latest

This is Jacob from mass effect 2, I don't know how they went from this to how they look in the new mass effect game.

Here's Vivienne from DA:I -

latest

She was my favourite companion, Who was yours @Chapstick?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
She's seen some stuff...

@Chapstick

I don't know about chapstick but no, Mass effect 2 looked great and I thought the characters in DA:I looked good too, Is it different people that are making this game? Also lol at her referring to her face in the gif.

latest

This is Jacob from mass effect 2, I don't know how they went from this to how they look in the new mass effect game.

latest

i-cant-see-z5njkj.jpg

I have by the way no clue if this is a completely different team from the other MEs or Dragon Age. I'm not very familar with Bioware and their games. They never really spoke to me. Maybe since Andromeda is not a full-fledged numbered ME but a spin off its budget was significantly lower? They certainly marketed it as a full-fledged ME though...

Jadeinchains

i-cant-see-z5njkj.jpg

I have by the way no clue if this is a completely different team from the other MEs or Dragon Age. I'm not very familar with Bioware and their games. They never really spoke to me. Maybe since Andromeda is not a full-fledged numbered ME but a spin off its budget was significantly lower? They certainly marketed it as a full-fledged ME though...

Really you can't see it? God dammit lol, And no from what I know Andromeda isn't a spin off. ME 1,2,3 were a trilogy but It ended and now this game is going in a different direction but either way it's not really speaking to me.

You should look at images on it though because they looked much better. Anyway so many games have came out recently but I'm happy I was convinced. :p to get Horizon Zero Dawn because it really is great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Anyway so many games have came out recently but I'm happy I was convinced. :p to get Horizon Zero Dawn because it really is great.

It was about time... >__> I promoted it to you long enough. After The Witcher 3 you should already trust me. Next game I'm going to recommend to you, you have to get ASAP. XD

Jadeinchains

It was about time... >__> I promoted it to you long enough. After The Witcher 3 you should already trust me. Next game I'm going to recommend to you, you have to get ASAP. XD

lol I know! XD So far you recommended Witcher 3 and you + Chapstick recommended FFX and Horizon and I've loved all of them so far so okay lol I trust your judgement. They need to hire you for marketing for them!

Chapstick

Oh dear...

source.gif

Did Mass Effect 2 or Dragon Age Inquisition look this bad too? D:
I didn't really play ME2 but no DA:I did not look like this
She's seen some stuff...

@Chapstick

latest

latest

Sera 100% was my favorite but Vivienne's a close second

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD