The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Jadeinchains

Girl... Seriously though the similarities are astounding...

Reverse-fronds-face1.jpg

=
alien-277968.jpg

I know you've been suggesting Xenoblade and I might one day play it but this sequel... Not liking the look of it.

Jadeinchains

Some of you might have already heard about this, but the new God of War will have no camera cuts during the entire game. It's all shot in one long take, which is mighty impressive. This also means that cinematic scenes and gameplay will always perfectly blend into eachother.
Now the director talked a bit more about this bold decision and how they are going to realize it:

Barlog: The aspiration when I got back was to tell a much more personal story. God of War is traditionally known for these cinematic, pull back cameras, which I think are fantastic. But trying to get in there and really get to know the character a little more, I realised it'd be interesting if we got closer.

The vocabulary of film is camera cuts, it's how they communicate. But games are different. We don't really need to do that. We do it because it's a language that we're familiar with. It's hard to not do it, I'm realising that now, but it's a challenge that I really wanted to take on. I'd been looking for a project that I could do this on and I felt like this was the one. There was big resistance, but I have probably one of the best teams in the business, so as much as they were pushing back, I think they all kind of wanted this crazy challenge.

So yeah, there's never going to be a situation where we cut away and show you what someone else is doing. The trailer you watched shows snippets of the game, which unfortunately we've edited together, that's really because I want to give a good cross-section. In the actual game itself, you're never looking away. That doesn't necessarily mean that Kratos is always on-screen, there are things that motivate us to look away, but we're always returning and usually trying to frame Kratos so he's anchoring everything that you're looking at.

For me it really comes down to when you experience something amazing, you go see the Grand Canyon or something like that, you don't have a crane camera behind you giving you a vista shot to make it look amazing. That's a postcard. What you have is you, standing on the edge, looking around and just being in awe of what you're seeing. In games, I think we can do that. We can experience it from that perspective and I think that's amazing. It's not limiting. We're finding so many amazing things we can do with this: the sense of scale, even when you go against something that would be considered medium-size in previous games, it feels fantastic.

Here's an example of how this one shot take is realized during cinematic scenes:

MXmqGeK.gif

Shifting the camera in this scene with the shot arrow is both artistic and very smart.

Oh and this is awesome that they are going to do something like this visually for the game. I hope they do it well like the Inn scene in the first kill bill movie.

It will be cool to see how it looks during action scenes. The camera following the arrow was creative so It will be interesting to see what else they can come up with.

Her eyes are cute >.>

1ce55365659aa5aa1199f815c0111057.gif

Stop lying to that little alien girl.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh and this is awesome that they are going to do something like this visually for the game. I hope they do it well like the Inn scene in the first kill bill movie.

It will be cool to see how it looks during action scenes. The camera following the arrow was creative so It will be interesting to see what else they can come up with.

1ce55365659aa5aa1199f815c0111057.gif

Stop lying to that little alien girl.
Maybe you're right, although I'm a fan of weird features on faces. Like I miss Lili's more masculine bitch face in TTT2 and her more prominent jaw she had in early T7, pronounced jaws and chins are.... Oh my god

Also RIP Lili's hair...
DBfXwVVUMAQhV_b

Such a wasted opportunity, those people need to hire me, I would make her hair flawlessly move! Trust me, I would be a reliable asset and make the costumes and bodies everything you would want and more, lili deserved better, they would be better off cutting it short

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Girl... Seriously though the similarities are astounding...

Reverse-fronds-face1.jpg

=
alien-277968.jpg

I know you've been suggesting Xenoblade and I might one day play it but this sequel... Not liking the look of it.

You guys are mixing something up here (which is easy though I have to admit).

These alien faces are not from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but from Xenoblade X.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has this very generic anime look:

x2cover_2hj4.jpg

32727-1280-720-e1c12f29a9be5f8994209c6c5045dee4ad8f6a70.jpg

But I guess generic, kawaii anime faces are still better than Xenoblade X's alien faces....
The costume designs though... D:

DCOfbh5XcAIaPre.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

x2cover_2hj4.jpg

But I guess generic, kawaii anime faces are still better than Xenoblade X's alien faces....

DCOfbh5XcAIaPre.jpg
I love that game's artstyle... the faces, clothes everything! It reminds me of Billy Hatcher, another childhood game I used to play

Bill_hatch_GC.png

Jadeinchains

x2cover_2hj4.jpg

DCOfbh5XcAIaPre.jpg

Oh lol okay my mistake! XD Is Xenoblade X a spin off or something?

Well at least Xenoblade 2 looks better, I'll take the anime faces ( which actually look good ) over the alien faces any day lol. Not really a fan of their outfits though...

Chapstick

How is the little guy(♡.♡) sexualized?
He basically has chaps on which are sexual to begin with because of the crotch and ass windows they give (also see Xtina's Dirrty era and DOA's cowboy dlc) and underneath it he has a skintight onesie which also exposes his thighs. It seems more like an outfit they'd give to a female character imo

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
He basically has chaps on which are sexual to begin with because of the crotch and ass windows they give (also see Xtina's Dirrty era and DOA's cowboy dlc) and underneath it he has a skintight onesie which also exposes his thighs. It seems more like an outfit they'd give to a female character imo
Yeah it kinda looks jarring on him since he looks so young, it's kinda like 9S. I'm not at all complaining since y'all know I love me some 9s and A2 ass/them in general but because 9S looks so young it can feel strange when he's left in just his short under shorts and top unlike A2 and 2B who look at least 18 although they look kinda young too if you actually take a sec to look at them

Jadeinchains

Both of the characters outfits look like a pain in the ass to not only put on but also take off. * ass treasure chest thing belted around waist, giant boots and parachute pants over other pair of shorts. scuba diving helmet and sleeve that only goes up one arm.
I'm waiting for the cosplay of both of these characters.

Edit: Oh lol and I forgot that technically both characters are in that image since the girl is the sword.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Both of the characters outfits look like a pain in the ass to not only put on but also take off. * ass treasure chest thing belted around waist, giant boots and parachute pants over other pair of shorts. scuba diving helmet and sleeve that only goes up one arm.

An ass treasure chest, lol. XD Oh Japan...

Not mine, but I thought they looked so cool:

3ZQChLs.jpg

DGRnutN.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Forgive me double posting, but you definitely want to see this:
First in-engine footage of Beyond Good and Evil 2!

Pretty impressive tech... Let's see how they make use of this in the game and on consoles...

Jadeinchains

I like the Sheva elephant statue with its holographic crown :p. Also this game looks amazing! The world and characters are already really interesting. Just casually flying around in a jet pack.

And that zoom out of the scale was amazing! I really hope the world is developed and has lots of locations to go to.

Omg the meteorite thing! :O

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I took more pics in a view different locales

DC85fBFXsAAIy7d

DC85hbeXcAAWgCa

Lili and Claudio have good chemistry, you can literally see it

DC858WeXoAIdH6q

Generic pinned up>default hair

DC86J8eXYAAPIuW

DC86NW8XUAQzsnm

Gonna retake these two when the swimsuits come out. I love this stage so much, it's definetly my favorite and reminds me of baptism

DC8516IXoAA8r8D

DC854GRWsAII9ak

Angel knee to front kick

DC856TMXcAEIAGK

ff+1+2(hold)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD