The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

KnacKrover

Oh and I got some money so if I get more on top of that I'm buying Injustice 2 for Harley Quinn, Aquaman(feel free to post as many pics of him as you want....) and Power Girl and probably Poison. This gif made me want the game since Harley is hot and she's my lowkey bi icon of DC universe...well Power Girl is too since I can relate to her but I love Harley

f8ace96d1a6c222b4f8f445f124a72786ee4d0b1_hq.gif

And then I might get SFV for Ed and Kolin... the reason why I want SFV is basically my avatar and I would definetly take alot of pics of both games
I gottasay I love Harley slowmo gif tho... Cause it's fabulous~sss *shaka-boommmm*

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They added face paints to Horizon Zero Dawn and someone made this screen:

244429HorizonZeroDawn20170708103103.png

Damn, look at that character model and its quality and detail... D:
Now look at Tekken 7, which isn't a huge open world game and which doesn't need to render up to a dozen more of these character models at once plus gigantic dinosaur robots everywhere.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They added face paints to Horizon Zero Dawn and someone made this screen:

244429HorizonZeroDawn20170708103103.png

Damn, look at that character model and its quality and detail... D:
Now look at Tekken 7, which isn't a huge open world game and which doesn't need to render up to a dozen more of these character models at once plus gigantic dinosaur robots everywhere.
I'm about 90% done posting my images to Twitter XD *Scary movie music plays*

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Enjoy it to the fullest, my friend, because after that Tekken 7 images are banned from this thread!

Bokuxs5.gif
Suuuuurrrrreeee, although it's taking me a minute to get specific win poses. Since you are given only a handful to use in the customization mode you have to go to versus mode to manually get the other ones. I read you can choose them by holding buttons but it's not working for jin, I'm trying to get the one where he walks away from his unconscious opponent but I keep getting his hot one where he does that arm move thing instead and it's frustrating...

Plus I have to go in the gallery and delete some, I take some screens and realize some aren't exactly tasteful so those don't make the cut for the thread

Jadeinchains

Plus I have to go in the gallery and delete some, I take some screens and realize some aren't exactly tasteful so those don't make the cut for the thread

Hasn't stopped you in the past. :p

And I saw your post about how you wanted to post more T7 images so go wild! And that image of Horizon was great! :D I didn't know they'd added facrepaint to the game but that's a cool inclusion.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thank you Jade! Well here's the first half, I figured out how to get set win poses in versus mode

DEK64PyWsAAmb4V

Here's a cowgirl Lili I made, the concept was from TTT2 minus the gun

DEK6212XUAEMtFJ

DEK65WhXgAMkGvZ

DEK7FCXXsAAuDPY

DEK7GZCXoAIdvfM

DEK7RnlWAAApq_I

Took me forever to get this

DEK7UdRXUAAlD2W

DEK7PhvXcAEKepU

DEK7sCRXkAA4Gzo

DEK7tuMWAAAtac8

This stage has great lighting...

DEK7vEJXgAAJ7wi

DEL4Kz1XkAAYCpB

Love her hair and pose in this pic

DEL4H-8XkAQlRlL

DEL4JiuXkAkQJwt

No extensions
I also may do a video using jin and lili to show off the lighting in all stages

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Music! Makes the people! Come together! Yeah!

anigif_089dad67f1d6e3a28977cc8ec99a188d-4.gif
Yesssssss!~ I got inspiration from boots from the flavor of love, for as Tiffany Pollard would say that "Straight Up Video Ho" look when she described Boots

Here's the rest

DEK7wTXXkAI6heb

:-O

DEFPxicW0AAwaTa

DEL4L_RXoAAsOiZ

I love how her sidelocks look here

DEL4as1WAAEk2te

DEL4ZBdXkAAYEBj

DEL4cZmXoAAcUtG

DEL4eNdW0AAu0tD

DEOnxrQXgAEAAwl

It's past her bedtime

DEOn0OMXgAIjd_m

This was so hard to get...
Also if anyone wants to know, the most popular characters in my YouTube video showcases in the top 8 is Katarina, Lili, Jin, Xiaoyu, Nina, Eliza, Asuka, and then Lucky Chloe. Kat And Lili are in the 2,000s in views, Jin is in the high 1000s, Nina and Ling are in the mids, Eliza is in the low 1000s, Asuka is just about to hit the 1000s and Lucky Chloe is in the high 100s, all the others are still climbing but the females(mainly the new ones) are much higher than most of the men, and Panda and Kuma are the least popular due to lack of costumes. My thumbnails were a big help as well as my wet shower item showcase, some guys liked that feature. Being pervy definitely is useful since I know what to focus on in regards to content and thumbnail making

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Leave it to Digital Foundy to take a very close and profiscient look at the graphics and framerate of the FFXII remaster, that's out now (or in the next couple of days:

They did visually more than just pushing the resolution to 1080p. We see slightly improved polygon models, new or enhanced textures, depth of field, improved lighting, real time shadows and ambient occlusion etc.

Here's a comparison screen:

PS2:
2017-07-1018_25_26-4kbdxbn.png

PS4:
2017-07-1018_25_39-4kapykf.png

Characters now have actual fingers...

PS2:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS2.png

PS4:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS4.png

On the PS4 Pro the game's resolution is pushed to 1440p, which is just a moderate boost and runs in smooth 30fps, which is surprisingly low for a PS2 game running on PS4.
As I mentioned before, downsampling on everything else than a 4K TV is disabled, which is frankly intolerable, though there is honestly not that big of a difference of the 1080p and 1440p version. Not that I noticed in the video at least.

I'm debating to get this game... It does look good, I never played FFXII before and I need something to take away the lingering bad taste that FFXV left in my mouth... :/

Last edited:

Chapstick

Leave it to Digital Foundy to take a very close and profiscient look at the graphics and framerate of the FFXII remaster, that's out now (or in the next couple of days:

They did visually more than just pushing the resolution to 1080p. We see slightly improved polygon models, new or enhanced textures, depth of field, improved lighting, real time shadows and ambient occlusion etc.

PS2:

PS4:

PS2:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS2.png

PS4:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS4.png

On the PS4 Pro the game's resolution is pushed to 1440p, which is just a moderate boost and runs in smooth 30fps, which is surprisingly low for a PS2 game running on PS4.
As I mentioned before, downsampling on everything else than a 4K TV is disabled, which is frankly intolerable, though there is honestly not that big of a difference of the 1080p and 1440p version. Not that I noticed in the video at least.

I'm debating to get this game... It does look good, I never played FFXII before and I need something to take away the lingering bad taste that FFXV left in my mouth... :/
The FFX/X-2 remaster was done beautifully at least to my untrained eyes so I was expecting this to have a fairly big upgrade as well beyond what they've been doing with old PS2 games on psn (gta san andreas/harvest moon/etc)

Whether or not it'll take that bad taste away, idk. I liked it but I can recognize it's not for everyone. Have you watched many vids of the gameplay and story?
I wouldn't get it unless it was a real remaster like the one with cloud in it
We went over this before that isn't a remaster it's a complete remake

And at this point who knows if it'll be any good when it finally comes out as it starts getting the XV delay treatment

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The FFX/X-2 remaster was done beautifully at least to my untrained eyes so I was expecting this to have a fairly big upgrade as well beyond what they've been doing with old PS2 games on psn (gta san andreas/harvest moon/etc)

Whether or not it'll take that bad taste away, idk. I liked it but I can recognize it's not for everyone. Have you watched many vids of the gameplay and story?

We went over this before that isn't a remaster it's a complete remake

And at this point who knows if it'll be any good when it finally comes out as it starts getting the XV delay treatment
Oh fuck me XD sorry I keep forgetting that's what it's called, remaster and remake I get mixed up. As long as it looks good I'll try it, I love good looking games with attractive characters and beautiful environments

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm learning how to use Katarina now so today's pics focus on her, she's actually a really fun character

DEeJCTfXkAALalm

I love the angle of her hair in this shot

DEeJEVpXsAAeV69

DEeIrBDUwAAQBXW

She looks much better in more sunset type lighting imo

DEeIS_uW0AEF_7j

DEeHaWVWsAMOnuc

DEeHbpsXoAQHWy0

Her hair looks nice here

DEeHZPrXoAAoSMV

DEeIvw8V0AEE2dF

DEeI0WdWAAEt8NK

DEeIMY0WsAA0DaM

DEeIRY8XUAECH6R

DEeIOuDXgAInsyw

I forgot to turn rage off...

Argentus

PS2:

PS4:

PS2:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS2.png

PS4:
FFXII-Comp-010-PS4.png

Dem fingers

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It looks as if this melted on Lili's head:

lametta-gold-1664.jpg

Her molten tinsel wig looks terrible.

Something is seriously wrong with her thumb... D:
Yeah the polish they use is almost DOA5 dlc nail polish quality XD also lol some black guy on Twitter noticed my penchant for posting skimpy but I don't give a flying mother FUCK XD

And Lili's hair may not sway smoothly or fast anymore but it does look good and smooth when she's walking forward since in this game they focus on that movement like how DOA does, in fact I don't think DOA has flowy hair, it's more when they walk forward but it doesnt move much when they spin except at like the last second

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And Lili's hair may not sway smoothly or fast anymore but it does look good and smooth when she's walking forward since in this game they focus on that movement like how DOA does, in fact I don't think DOA has flowy hair, it's more when they walk forward but it doesnt move much when they spin except at like the last second

It is you who is obsessed with the movement of Lili's hair. I don't care. All I see is that it looks fugly on screens. Even PS2 games had nicer hair rendering, as I proved a few pages back. I wouldn't even say anything, but you do gush about how pretty it supposedly looks like in almost every Tekken post.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It is you who is obsessed with the movement of Lili's hair. I don't care. All I see is that it looks fugly on screens. Even PS2 games had nicer hair rendering, as I proved a few pages back. I wouldn't even say anything, but you do gush about how pretty it supposedly looks like in almost every Tekken post.
What can I say, I'm a hair fetishist XD I like the way it moves, sways, drapes, goes over the shoulders, etc. I also like and find it fascinating when characters have weird hair physics, if there was a college for the study of hair I think I would graduate with honors since I know alot about it, hair is usually what I judge when I choose a videogame character in most games I play. Plus I usually stare at it like how I stare at heels and exposed skin in outfits I make but I do make classy outfits

And are you sure Tyaren? Here's a comparison, Tekken 5 vs Tekken 7 which are two PlayStation systems apart

maxresdefault (3).jpg

DEL4L_RXoAAsOiZ

These are both from the same intros

maxresdefault (14).jpg

DBWeV8vXUAIVfJ_

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD