Standard Donor
Mitsurugi art work and in-game model from SC to SCVI:

mitsu-art-sc6k0pv4.jpg

mitsu-ingame-sc64ar92.jpg

Sophitia art work and in-game model from SC to SCVI:

soph-art-sc68mr36.jpg

soph-ingame-sc6a0pb6.jpg

Jadeinchains

Is it just me, or does SC4 Sophitia look way better than SC6 Sophitia here?
I love sophitia's design but it makes her look like a guest character from Barbie.

Sophitia didn't lose her sister and have her children kidnapped for this!

SC4 (2008) left, SC6 (2018) right:
38147260055_16285a7e3f_o.jpg

:/

... I still think she looks good in SC6 but I can see what your saying...all we can do is wait and see If it's that its because its early and that before launch they'll change some things.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Sophitia didn't lose her sister and have her children kidnapped for this!

... I still think she looks good in SC6 but I can see what your saying...all we can do is wait and see If it's that its because its early and that before launch they'll change some things.
She could've saved her sister and her children if she wasn't so weak.... just sayin'

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
SC4 (2008) left, SC6 (2018) right:
38147260055_16285a7e3f_o.jpg

:/

Eh, SCIV is in 720p and SCVI will likely be 1080p. In the final product SCVI Sophitia will look better. With that said, I do remember being blown away back in 2008 at how damn good SCIV looked, especially on a big screen HDTV.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Tekken 7 is 720p on Xbox One. Chances are good SC6 will too.

That's why I don't play Tekken 7 or fighting games on XBone LOL. PS4 Pro will look fine, but yes, once I learned that SC6 will be on the Unreal 4 Engine, I cringed. Stupid choice for a fighting game engine and the lazy way out.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This story trailer of God of War, made from the PSX showcase of the game, is really cool and fits perfectly in here:

I expect God of War to be a big leap above the original series in basically all aspects. I'm really looking forward to it. :)
They by the way confirmed that the main campaign of this game will be over 30 hours long.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The prettiest fighting game (that is until DOA6 is revealed today! :D) Injustice 2 gets even prettier with a nice, little boost on Xbox One X:

- Resolution is bumped up to 1600p from 1440p on PS4 Pro
- Some textures have a bit higher resolution and texture filtering than on PS4 Pro
- ambient occlusion is slightly refined over PS4 Pro

Apart from that both versions are graphically identical. Cutscenes, intros, outros, super moves and stage transitions are identical too, where the PS4 Pro temporarily bumps up the resolution to 1600p too.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh okay, I wouldn't go as far as to say they're my favorite game developer but I do like Horizon so I'll check it out. :)

Lol, well you don't know much about them yet, do you? I've been interested in them for a few years now, since Horizon was revealed, and what I've learned makes them really likable to me. They are not only very talented, ambitious and consumer friendly, they are in general just really nice, generous and down to earth.
They even got into contact with me, when they saw my photography of the game to ask if they could use it for a presentation that they held at Game Developers' Conference and to showcase it on their Artstation account. Most other developers would never approach you to thank you for your work and dedication. They just take it all for granted and take your stuff. Team Ninja just took photos that I did and used them for promo purposes on Facebook and in some of the videos that they posted there. Not that I would ever have objected, lol, it is their game after all...but it's a nice gesture to receive a few nice words and to just know that your stuff is put to a good use. I just coincidentally saw that they used my pics. I almost didn't, which would've sucked, because it did make me happy when I noticed it.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The Witcher 3 finally got its Xbox One X patch and looks better on console than ever. Digital Foundry of course did an analysis:

Why don't they ever compare XBox One X with the Xbox One? It's always versus PS4 Pro and PC.
It's mostly Xbox One owners upgrading to the Xbox One X. They should be able to tell what kind upgrade from their console they can expect and if it is worth it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Woah...O: JRPGs have finally reached this generation!
So far we only have terrible Niconico stream footage, but what you can make out here already looks amazing:

Especially that town at the beginning looked so beautiful, detailed and full of atmosphere.

MklpXjPk

5CI2iAjE

So far I've been missing this in most, if not all, JRPGs this generation. Because of the usually fast development cycle and low budget they never reach AAA Western RPGs in that regard. This game however seems to manage this for the first time. I'm excited! :D Instantly one of the games I'm looking forward to the most in 2018...if it reaches the West in 2018. :/

Here's an older trailer of the game, but in way better quality:

This game is by the way developed by Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Nier: Automata...), music is by Nobuo Uematsu (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII...) and character design is by Minaba Hideo (Final Fantasy XII, Lost Odyssey...). So the people working on this are the crème de la crème of JRPG development.

@Jadeinchains, @Chapstick

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Oh wow it actually does look super cute and nice, I think I remember that you showed me this game before just a little bit but it looks really good here. That little village is adorable and the blimp in the sky looks cool. Hopefully with Platinum games being the makers will make it have good gameplay. Guessing that girl is the main character.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Woah...O: JRPGs have finally reached this generation!
So far we only have terrible Niconico stream footage, but what you can make out here already looks amazing:

Especially that town at the beginning looked so beautiful, detailed and full of atmosphere.

MklpXjPk

5CI2iAjE

So far I've been missing this in most, if not all, JRPGs this generation. Because of the usually fast development cycle and low budget they never reach AAA Western RPGs in that regard. This game however seems to manage this for the first time. I'm excited! :D Instantly one of the games I'm looking forward to the most in 2018...if it reaches the West in 2018. :/

Here's an older trailer of the game, but in way better quality:

This game is by the way developed by Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Nier: Automata...), music is by Nobuo Uematsu (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII...) and character design is by Minaba Hideo (Final Fantasy XII, Lost Odyssey...). So the people working on this are the crème de la crème of JRPG development.

@Jadeinchains, @Chapstick
JRPGs have been in this generation for a while... Final Fantasy XV? Nioh? Bloodbourne and Dark Souls 3? Nier Automata? Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2...(not a traditional jrpg but still technically jrpgs)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD