The DOA5LR Mila General Discussion Thread

Jean Massue

Not to offend but sometimes I feel as though explaining things in DOA to other players are done in vain. Like i'll say something like this tech is not a FT in my first couple sentences only for people to later say its not a FT despite saying that in the very first three sentences. This happened a page apart in here. Then for another example I'll say so I got the game early and tested some things only for someone to say shouldn't we wait for the game to come out like 3 posts later.

I dunno if its because of a language barrier or what not but its weird. Explaining OS time and time again over time and what they do, how they are done, and why you would use them had the same effect. Honestly it makes me wonder if putting the time and work into the Mila guide would even work as people would still be lost in limbo despite the thorough explanations.

I dunno what else to do as I've honestly tried to share tech and information just like any other fighter I've played but with this one even the most basic technical explanations just seem to fly over peoples heads. Best of luck to you guys. May the Mila family remain strong.

First! God i agree with you with on the 7k, 4k, 4H+K matter. :D

Hahahaha i just read the last few pages on this thread and was saying the same thing to myself. And about the ''nerfs'' yeah Mila is definitely nerfed again. It's not a question of perspective its a fact. The maths are there.

Let's take TDC , 1P for an example. The move was her only viable move to make people crouch so you can land your mid punch or kick launcher. Takedown is not viable as its really easy to fuzzy it to block the mids after it. This used to be okay since the move would put you at +2 on normal hit. Now its -2 and does very mediocre damage. This results in smart opponents knowing they have nothing to fear from just standing while getting hit by TDC 2P since they'll gain frame advantage after that. ( its DUMB! )

About 4K TDC, you can delay the TDC and it will still catch your opponent on normal hit.
Edit : My bad i don't know why it worked on day 1 or if i made a mistake but it doesn't seem to work now. Sorry for the false hope :(

2T is a nerf but isn't game breaking. ( Still 15 less damage IS A NERF ) Nothing to discuss here -_-

All in all Mila was a really interesting character in the beginning and they are making everything that's interesting about the character utterly useless. It really is a shame honestly cause i really like the character.

Last edited:

Soaring Zero

It's a shame that they nerfed Mila liked they did. She is a really fun character to play with and even though I'm just beginning to learn her, I feel the effects of some of these already. Especially the change to 4K. That one still kinda stings.

Hurricane Rev

So after spending some time playing with Mila in Last Round, I feel that she is a good character still despite the nerfs (Which is not really a big deal). Its just that you somewhat have to play differently when playing with her now and learn what stuffs works with her and what doesn't.

The new property of 4K is a strange move to use now but also good at the same time. I like the fact that it pushes the opponent away on Normal Hit (And It still keeps the opponent in stun on Counter Hit. I thought that was removed but I'm glad it hasn't change).

I can see what Something-Unique was saying about 1P. It does feel weird to use now on normal hit and I need to break out of my habits on attacking after the 1P, Unless I hit them on counter hit.

I will continue to play with her and find some new stuffs with her, which I will post up my finding on here very soon!

Argentus

I still say yall need to take a step back and keep in mind what the moves actually are, not just freak at tweaked frame data. I'm not having any issues with the changes, and I think its because I'm focusing more on the fact that she has a push back kick, a far reaching poke kick, a ducking punch, and ducking sweep punch, not ONLY focusing on frame advantage.

rximmortal

Ok here are a fast Quiz :)
Everybody says that it is not a big deal about 4K and pushing the opponent back.
I wonder does anybody know how to use this thing as advantage. The nerf is not about 4k pushing your foe back , but that she has 4 moves to push your opponent back , while she needs her rest Normals to be more viable.
Because I had never seen someone using the pushing back as an advantage strategy. ( Of course except me ). So I really wonder how you guys use it as an advantage tool.

Argentus

Ok here are a fast Quiz :)
Everybody says that it is not a big deal about 4K and pushing the opponent back.
I wonder does anybody know how to use this thing as advantage. The nerf is not about 4k pushing your foe back , but that she has 4 moves to push your opponent back , while she needs her rest Normals to be more viable.
Because I had never seen someone using the pushing back as an advantage strategy. ( Of course except me ). So I really wonder how you guys use it as an advantage tool.
Its for getting the opponent to back off when pressured (hitting twice knocks them down), or if they are blocking, to mount/feint. There's my advantage, and how I look at the move.

Soaring Zero

Quick question; which moves are you guys using to poke with? I find myself sticking to 4K, 4H+K, and SOMETIMES 2H+K and 66K if my opponent is trying to a bit too hard to get close. Also what about up close? Other than 1P, what are her safer options?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
6P is a 12 frame mid punch, multiple followups, overall a good poke.

4H+K is a good space maker and mid kick poke.

4P is another good one, crushes highs and has multiple followups including Takedown cancels.

A good whiff punish is her 6P+K CB (similar to Ein's). Great range, leads to 7K shenanigans, overall a good stun and scare punish.

Soaring Zero

Yeah I've been finding that I have to be more defensive with Mila than I do with Kasumi which is actually a good thing since it's helping me improve my defense overall.

Argentus

Yeah I've been finding that I have to be more defensive with Mila than I do with Kasumi which is actually a good thing since it's helping me improve my defense overall.
That's one of the things about Mila. Her defense is just as deadly as her offense. Like, you CAN do those death loop combo setups, OR you can play defensively and crush people into the ground with relatively little effort lol.

rximmortal

That's one of the things about Mila. Her defense is just as deadly as her offense. Like, you CAN do those death loop combo setups, OR you can play defensively and crush people into the ground with relatively little effort lol.
I suggest you always keep one thing in mind. Beleave or not this will help your mind game a lot.
Doa5 is a game where the defensive player is in GREAT DISADVANTAGE. So always consider how to stick as most as possible to your OFFENSIVE GAME. This of course do not mean that you must be weak at defense. But thinking about defense during the game, distances you from your Offense game.
There are many tips about defense game, but in general you just need to robotize it.

Jefffcore

Good defence leads to offense; you need both.

The defensive player isn't always at a disadvantage. Both players are making guesses, but most attacks leave you at a disadvantage.

rximmortal

I just tested Mila on LR. It is the same with undeserved nerfs.
When I turned the table around and start looking for some new stuffs. I figured out something but I cant properly execute it.
It is an option select after 4KT in which if your opponent block 4k you go for takedown and if you hit him you go for cancel.
I think it is a 1-2 frame link so it is pretty hard to do it each time. If someone of you guys found a way I will be glad to read it here :)
The execution should be like that -> 4KT, Button. And executed correctly shall look like that:
4K (Block) T, B -> results in takedown.
4k (hit) T, B -> results in cancel.

Komatose

I am loving this character... Might hold off on Leifang and practice more with Mila instead. Honoka, Mila, then Leifang. <3

Fergus

Hey guys, coming from a Tekken background, learning the ropes of DOA5.

Just wondering what Mila's top 10 moves would be? From what I can see and read, I'm gonna guess that they're..

6P
7P
4P (+ extension)
9P
66P
5P
6P+K
2T
4H+K

Argentus

Hey guys, coming from a Tekken background, learning the ropes of DOA5.

Just wondering what Mila's top 10 moves would be? From what I can see and read, I'm gonna guess that they're..

6P
7P
4P (+ extension)
9P
66P
5P
6P+K
2T
4H+K

Id say

4h+k
2p+k
Anything going to mount
6t
3h+k
9p
4p
214t

Honestly its hard to pin down a top ten because she's so across the board.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD