The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
So how does everyone feel about the patch right now? Do you guys think that it needs some adjustments before it hits consoles?

Brute

Standard Donor
So how does everyone feel about the patch right now? Do you guys think that it needs some adjustments before it hits consoles?
Well, there are lots of superfluous changes. My main specifically has lots of vague notes that could potentially be real game changers, but in reality are probably just nothing noteworthy.

I wanted more, but didn't expect it. Like I've said before: TN seems very proud of themselves regarding Ultimate's balancing. I wouldn't expect much from future balancing patches.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Well, there are lots of superfluous changes. My main specifically has lots of vague notes that could potentially be real game changers, but in reality are probably just nothing noteworthy.

I wanted more, but didn't expect it. Like I've said before: TN seems very proud of themselves regarding Ultimate's balancing. I wouldn't expect much from future balancing patches.
Oh.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Don't talk shit about Laura Bailey :mad:
I have nothing against Laura Bailey, in fact I love her in FFXIII and XIII-2 as Serah and she's my preferred female voice in SR3 and SR4.

But, she can't really do accents she slips on the accent so much it's kinda grating although the voice itself is awesome.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Laura Bailey could've done an extremely better job. Have you heard her as Helena Harper? Why couldn't she do something like that for Christie? u.u
I have nothing against Laura Bailey, in fact I love her in FFXIII and XIII-2 as Serah and she's my preferred female voice in SR3 and SR4.

But, she can't really do accents she slips on the accent so much it's kinda greating although the voice itself is awesome.
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT LAURA BAILEY

Also I love her voice in SR so much I even use it when I'm running around as dudes. xD

David Gregg

So after reading that (fake) article about DOAX3, I started thinking about what they could do to enhance online gameplay if a third game was made and thought how cool it would be if lobbies were created into different islands that you could join and interact with other online players.

But...then I thought about the online thread with the drama that already exists with just fights and could see it now how things would turn out:
DOAfan69: "WTF dude I bought you strawberry millefeuille AND Venus and you still won't partner up w/ me?"
TitsMcgee: "Sorry bro I'm tagging up with this Hitomi player he's giving me a water slide pass"
DOAfan69: "Go **** yourself"
(You have been disconnected from DOAfan69's island)

XD

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
They could always do what Tekken does, have each character speak their native language and act as if they understand each other. Cause that makes even more sense.
I think Namco had too many characters, got too lazy to even bother doing English voice casting, and just decided to have everyone speak their native language. While many here have mixed reception to the English VAs in DOA5U, at least Team Ninja took the time to give the characters English voices since DOA2 Hardcore.

FatalxInnocence

...Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I'm pretty sure it's harder to get a multilingual cast than it is to get a monolingual one.

Oh, it's harder of course. But, doesn't change the fact it makes the games dialogue look completely ridiculous. Lili communicating with Asuka ( English to Japanese ) in T6... just made me sigh. It just made no sense whatsoever. This is just one example of the confusion =P

Rawbietussin

So after reading that (fake) article about DOAX3, I started thinking about what they could do to enhance online gameplay if a third game was made and thought how cool it would be if lobbies were created into different islands that you could join and interact with other online players.

But...then I thought about the online thread with the drama that already exists with just fights and could see it now how things would turn out:
DOAfan69: "WTF dude I bought you strawberry millefeuille AND Venus and you still won't partner up w/ me?"
TitsMcgee: "Sorry bro I'm tagging up with this Hitomi player he's giving me a water slide pass"
DOAfan69: "Go **** yourself"
(You have been disconnected from DOAfan69's island)

XD

LOL. This is why I want X3 as an offline game without DLCs instead. I bet there would be drama if your partner lags the volleyball match.

Juihau

Oh, it's harder of course. But, doesn't change the fact it makes the games dialogue look completely ridiculous. Lili communicating with Asuka ( English to Japanese ) in T6... just made me sigh. It just made no sense whatsoever. This is just one example of the confusion =P
And I agree. I was referring to Jyakotu saying that they took the lazy route, getting a cast speaking a variety of languages, as opposed to an all-English or all-Japanese cast.

SpellBound

Laura Bailey is godlike. She signed my hit box too :D
As for outfits I really like Ayane's steampunk and school girl outfit
For Kasumi, her school girl and casual, dress and leather jacket. I wouldnt mind wearing that outfit myself :3 so hot.

werewolfgold

Laura Bailey could've done an extremely better job. Have you heard her as Helena Harper? Why couldn't she do something like that for Christie? u.u
Uhhhhh... What do you mean "like that"? Helena Harper and Christie are not very similar characters at all. Why would they sound the same or have the same tone or inflections? You're not going to get some sort of wide range out of a character like Christie, even in Japanese.

My Babenapes

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what Marie Rose's inevitable swimwear is going to look like? I mean she can't possibly wear those heavy boots to the beach can she? I just hope TN doesn't give her anything super revealing since she really does look like she's younger than TN gives her credit for. I'd expect a one piece with floaties and sandals.

Although, I wonder if TN will run into trouble making alternate footwear for her as it might conflict with the current height of her model :/

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Uhhhhh... What do you mean "like that"? Helena Harper and Christie are not very similar characters at all. Why would they sound the same or have the same tone or inflections? You're not going to get some sort of wide range out of a character like Christie, even in Japanese.
By 'like that' I mean voice wise. Christie's accent sounded a little bit too forced. Maybe she could've done a softer British accent for Christie and could've sounded a little bit more like Helena Harper.

Rawbietussin

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what Marie Rose's inevitable swimwear is going to look like? I mean she can't possibly wear those heavy boots to the beach can she? I just hope TN doesn't give her anything super revealing since she really does look like she's younger than TN gives her credit for. I'd expect a one piece with floaties and sandals.

Although, I wonder if TN will run into trouble making alternate footwear for her as it might conflict with the current height of her model :/

I doubt they'll even do footwear on swimsuits anymore since TN removed it by the time they released the Getaway Swimsuit DLCs which featured the girls barefoot all because some foot fetish worshippers ranted and wants their sandals off which gave the girls some elongated ankles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD