The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
There is no way he is that fit and toned. He looked like a fat ass in DOA2.

That costume is from DOA2U. Tengu is the most ripped character in DOA. His default outfit is just very baggy.

It's not impossible to make it work
joe%2Bjeans_brenda%2Bplatform%2Bsandals.jpg

these are ugly af but the concept still stands

Lol. Don't give them ideas.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Oh God, Tengu burns my eyes. I'm glad Team Ninja decided to leave him in the past. Alpha-152 should be next, but she'll probably return as she's just too fun to play. Lol

My Babenapes

It's not impossible to make it work
joe%2Bjeans_brenda%2Bplatform%2Bsandals.jpg

these are ugly af but the concept still stands

I can see them giving her something like this. I don't think TN will want to deal with making Marie Rose barefoot because the height compensation without platforms would probably lead to super-elongated ankles. Also, there's about a 99.99999% chance that TN gives Marie Rose a swimsuit, so we might as well accept it and think of some ideas :p.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Source, featuring both of his alternate costumes in DOA2U.

Oh God, Tengu burns my eyes. I'm glad Team Ninja decided to leave him in the past. Alpha-152 should be next, but she'll probably return as she's just too fun to play. Lol

So you want to deprive people of a character they like to play (or in my case, even main) just because you can't handle seeing a unique character design?

That's cool.

By the way, Tengu is fun as hell to play too. Easily one of the most interesting and unique movesets in the series.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Watching that Command Training makes me feel that much more depraved.

Why couldn't TN just add him in?
Because the ninja defeated him and obviously, nobody played him enough in DOA4 to warrant him a new model for DOA5. Plus, he wouldn't fit in with the new look and mechanics of DOA5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I have nothing against Tengu and I find his character design quite unique and interesting too, but I can understand, why Team Ninja left him out and why he'll be probably left out in any future DOA game. He was the boss of one game (and the remake), he had his moment, but now the story long moved on and the main cast has other villains to fight. Let's end it on a high note. (To me he felt out of place and kinda miserable in the DOA4 cast.)
I really don't like Tekken's attempt, of throwing in every old character including clones and deceased ones, so you get to a character roster of about 50 characters. That's just too much, it breaks immersion. Quality not quantity please.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Because the ninja defeated him and obviously, nobody played him enough in DOA4 to warrant him a new model for DOA5. Plus, he wouldn't fit in with the new look and mechanics of DOA5.

His look complements the new art style more than it did the old one, as he was basically the only character that didn't look like a doll. And he'd work fine in the new mechanics. There are plenty of things they can do to Tengu to make him viable, which I've already discussed numerous times in the Skype group.

Brute

Standard Donor
Because the ninja defeated him
Correction: Ryu Hayabusa defeated him. And Ryu has defeated basically everyone in the franchise.
True, he may have killed Tengu, but please don't tell me you feel that the roster should be based on the alleged "story" of these games.

and obviously, nobody played him enough in DOA4 to warrant him a new model for DOA5. Plus, he wouldn't fit in with the new look and mechanics of DOA5.
I'm sure he'd look better than the plastic-y VFs or the jell-o monster Alpha.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
True, he may have killed Tengu, but please don't tell me you feel that the roster should be based on the alleged "story" of these games.
But that's obviously where Team Ninja is going. Tengu was just a bonus character in DOA4 and was horrible for whatever reason. The story is moving on and the boss characters are getting left behind. If anything, Donovan needs to be playable soon. But then again, I contradict myself because Team Ninja did give me Ein, but when you add in the fact that he's basically Hayate without a headband, it makes sense. Lol

Brute

Standard Donor
But that's obviously where Team Ninja is going. Tengu was just a bonus character in DOA4 and was horrible for whatever reason. The story is moving on and the boss characters are getting left behind.
I wish Alpha was left behind.

But low and behold the bitch came back, and with an army of guest characters who I refuse to accept as canon.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

But low and behold the bitch came back, and with an army of guest characters who I refuse to accept as canon.

The VF characters will more than likely get the boot come DOA6, which leaves us with four empty slots for more characters. Hopefully TN will return Tengu to the roster along with new characters. It'd be cool to get Raidou and Genra back as well.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor

Alpha wasn't TRULY defeated in DOA4, hence, why she's back in DOA5. It's all in the story. The guest characters of course aren't canon, so you know they won't be back. Even characters who have long left the story shouldn't come back: Gen Fu, Leon, and Ein specifically. Sadly, Momiji and Rachel will probably stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD