The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 13

As a game company, they care about the $$$, and well as they already mentioned earlier swimsuits are their best selling dlc

The beauty would be that the swimsuit sales would go towards additional swimsuit development rotated in after every financial quarter.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And yes I've finally warmed up to the questionable horseback-riding outfit. XD
View attachment 4039

I actually always liked the design, BUT I think the technical execution sucks and I was really disappointed (after I bought it) to find out, that the polygon mesh is really blocky and the textures low resolution. As a graphic designer that really bothers me, because I know, they could have done better...

Blazeincarnated

Is it just me or did TN put areola impressions on the boobs?

1560441_736826192996828_1212481541_n.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
TN finally got us excited for a "surprise" but it just ends up as one swimsuit pic of Mila with us not even being able to see the whole thing...
So yes...I'm disappointed as well. Not necessarily the fact that it was swimsuits but the way it was handled.

Oh, come on, it's not Team Ninja handling it wrong, but the over hyped fanboys in here, who, if Team Ninja hints a "surprise" immediately not only start fantasizing about Tengu coming back, but of several characters, like Ryo (Shenmue) or Yaiba characters or a bunch of new stages, stages with completely new weather physics or completely new modes... The list goes on. XD

And another thing: Team Ninja actually must think, a new bikini pack makes the fans happy, because at the end of the day, they always sell the most.

David Gregg

I'd rather have a questionable horseback-riding outfit than the sailor boy outfit he had in Dimensions.

tumblr_inline_msobm0Dw0V1r4gjsq.gif

Oh, come on, it's not Team Ninja handling it wrong, but the over hyped fanboys in here, who, if Team Ninja hints a "surprise" immediately not only start fantasizing about Tengu coming back, but of several characters, like Ryo (Shenmue) or Yaiba characters or a bunch of new stages, stages with completely new weather physics or completely new modes... The list goes on. XD

And another thing: Team Ninja actually must think, a new bikini pack makes the fans happy, because at the end of the day, they always sell the most.

I think by "surprise" we were (well at least I was) thinking the reveal of the new feature but yes, I am disappointed by the sh*tty angled shot of Mila in a bikini top with the innovative touch of a hoodie. My frustration is probably from a combination of my impatience and declining interest in the game (which I'm hoping the new patch will help fix), but you have to admit they could have released a more exciting pic.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor

To be clear, I'm not taking the news as a hint that Tengu is coming back. Rather I see it as them announcing that they still intend to add to the game and I'm taking the opportunity to get their attention, as fan demands are what they'll be looking at.

I still don't have my main back after four releases of this game and I'd like to be able to enjoy it to the fullest extent. I need to have my main to do that.

Momiji-Baybee

@CFW
1.You know what I meant, It means people keep acting like the swimsuits are new and constantly bitch about it everytime a new one reveals as if we didn't just hear ya the first time.

2.Lol either your in serious denial or you really don't know any better, the outfits are beach appropriate. People even thought they were male swimsuits when they first released.

@Me want Kasumi
What the hell, don't tell me to shut up or say I'm annoying, it's annoying when people keep bitching about the swimsuits every single time a new one is revealed as if we didn't already hear it the first time. It's annoying when the moment the girls get something TN all of a sudden "Only cares about the girls" and "TN loves tits" And "TN can't get laid and neither do the people who buy them" or whatever. It's annoying how when people don't get their way they insult the company that was nice enough to give the content we have now and pretend we didn't get costume packs with equal or even more male characters in the pack as opposed to females. Wasn't any different when people said that type of stuff when they found out Rachel got in and again when MR got in over the precious Tengu. I hate when people do that sort of crap and it's just irritating every single time. Like we've only seen 3 more swimsuits and there have swimsuit wars every single time one has been shown, if you take the VF girls and alpha out there would be 7 (if MR gets one then 8) swimsuits left, and you expect me to be alright with seeing more of the bitching for another 7 (possibly 8) more times and probably 9 when it's all fully shown together (that's if the guys truly aren't in)? No!!!

I'm just sick of the annoyance every time a female character gets a new swimsuit or anything for that matter. I mean I know the guys need more and they have about 10-14 while the girls got like 22-26, but it's not the end of the world. The guys have and will still get more and one more all girl pack isn't going to destroy all of humanity. Besides this is DOA we are talking, not that I'm condoning it alot but everybody and their mother knew that the girls were the faces of the series and always got more costumes. Even during the first game where they actually had a minority of females as opposed to males.

And it's not like they only do it to give the girls more sexy clothing, it's because whether you like it or not the females sell more so of course they'll use swimsuits so they can do other things and promote the series. It's not the late 80s/early 90s where no one cares about the women, we live in a day where female fg characters or Female characters as a whole sell more then males and are more favored then males. Again, not saying I condone non equal treatment or the gender favoring get TN may have but you gotta understand facts are facts. For example the only outfits that ported to DOA5U that were dlc from Vanilla that didn't sell as good, guess what packs did sell well? Majority of the swimsuits and other all/most girl packs. So it's understandable that they'd do a pack like this every one in a blue moon. But that doesn't mean every single pack that came out and ones that will come out will be female dominated. The guys have and will get alot more. Shoot these swimsuits sales could help promote a new game or something like that because of it.

So while I do hope the males get more costumes in the future, I just hope people just except the fact that the swimsuits are coming and stop party pooping the thread when a new one is shown just because they didn't get their way and just hope for something more of their interest next time and stop picking on Team Ninja and labeling them as "Perverts" and "Tit lovers" and all that bullsh*t because real fans of the series wouldn't/shouldn't do that.

Again I apologize if I offended anyone It isn't my intention, just needed to say what I thought needed to have been said ya know? So just hope for the best next time please and support TN instead of bashing them or just plain ignore it.

Momiji-Baybee

To change the subject I feel the new feature might be either a mini game, customization, or a new online mode. Maybe even a classic DOA arcade mode or scenario mode like Tekken 6. I know this won't happen but a big head little body option that bloody roar had of Classic models would be funny. Would love a 3 way or 4 way mode like SF3 EXTREME

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
To change the subject I feel the new feature might be either a mini game, customization, or a new online mode. Maybe even a classic DOA arcade mode or scenario mode like Tekken 6. I know this won't happen but a big head little body option that bloody roar had of Classic models would be funny. Would love a 3 way or 4 way mode like SF3 EXTREME
My money is for a mode where you slap tits around like in Duke Nukem Forever.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If there will be a new feature or game mode, it will be one they already implemented in the arcade version. They won't make something completely new, why should they?
I don't really know all new stuff there is in the arcade version, but one thing I do know of, is this new customization feature of the character select screen. So maybe that?

And what about the normal Loreley stage and Kasumi's new victory pose? Will that be implemented with the upcoming patch or even later? Together with Marie Rose...?

Kronin

For returning in topic #Tengu2014, yesterday I realized a drawing of Tengu and posted it on twitter and facebook TN's accounts:

15079_360148344126923_1224004252_n.jpg

I made the picture really fast and there are various signs of erasure and bad mistakes (like the proportions of the left arm :( ), but I hope that in the end is the thought that counts XD

If someone want retweet, like or comment it, here the links:
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/427904020099780608
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...54085605&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

Last edited:

Momiji-Baybee

If there will be a new feature or game mode, it will be one they already implemented in the arcade version. They won't make something completely new, why should they?
I don't really know all new stuff there is in the arcade version, but one thing I do know of, is this new customization feature of the character select screen. So maybe that?

And what about the normal Loreley stage and Kasumi's new victory pose? Will that be implemented with the upcoming patch, or even later?

Is that true, I would love to make the character select look like DOA3/DOA2U. Like the design to that.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
For returning in topic #Tengu2014 yesterday I realized a drawing of Tengu and posted it on twitter and facebook TN's account:

15079_360148344126923_1224004252_n.jpg

I saw that earlier. I greatly appreciate the effort and I already retweeted it.

I made the picture really fast and there are various signs of erasure bad mistakes and (like the proportion of the left arm), but I hope that in the end is the thought that counts.

It certainly is and it looks great for something that was rushed. Definitely far better than I could ever do.

Again, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD