The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpSideDownGRUNT

You're right it's not a swimsuit but the lingerie is usually added in swimsuit packs. Helena's Hotties Swimwear costume was a lace tank and lace panties that's not a swim costume either and in paradise Pai had a lace costume as well.
Same with Leifang in 5U sexy pack the swimsuits are just common place for categorising those kind of costumes really, probably best not to take the name seriously lol.

And I think someone wondered when the new swimsuit/lingerie pack would be? My guess is the 1.04 patch, so far every patch has had a huge costume set. 1.03/A in Vanilla DOA5 saw Zack Island and the Hotties Swimwear pack and 1.03 in 5U saw the Halloween set and Haunted Lorelei, so my guess is we'll get Vanilla Lorelei and the new pack then with 1.04 :)

it also wouldn't surprise me if 1.04 makes 5U fully 5UA, and the catalogue adds a locked Marie Rose in the Character select screen kinda like how the catalogues let you see Costumes.

Rawbietussin

There's just more than enough swimsuits to begin with regardless if they were from X2. Only reasonable person to get a swimsuit are Momiji and Rachel (They only have one) + the guys (They also only got one + Leon, Jacky and Ein have not received one yet).

Aside from the fact that it is no swimsuit, like someone said before. Since there's Zack's island shown in the background, you just may think it is one, but actually, TN hasn't introduced a stage called "Kasumis closet" yet.

I'm honestly getting sick of Zack Island as the only place where they showcase these swimsuits. They could have just remodel some old stage like the ballroom of the Freedom Survivor or Great Opera to look like a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show like what they did to the Halloween version of Lorelei.

They still do not nearly look like what's called swimsuit today. I really want to see someone who is going swimming in public wearing these clothes.

Hitomi's X2 set has more practical sporty swimsuits if you're looking for something less lingerie. I doubt anyone want their lace panties wet in the water.

Last edited:

Kronin

They still do not nearly look like what's called swimsuit today. I really want to see someone who is going swimming in public wearing these clothes.

You're right it's not a swimsuit but the lingerie is usually added in swimsuit packs. Helena's Hotties Swimwear costume was a lace tank and lace panties that's not a swim costume either and in paradise Pai had a lace costume as well.
Same with Leifang in 5U sexy pack the swimsuits are just common place for categorising those kind of costumes really, probably best not to take the name seriously lol.

UpSideDownGRUNT has already answered for me: I don't consider such outfits proper swimsuit me too (premising that I think that could really exist such kind of vestiary for using it at the beach), however in DoA they are often considered in the same category. In my previous post I was meaning it (and for this reason I used the word swimsuit under quotes).

And I think someone wondered when the new swimsuit/lingerie pack would be? My guess is the 1.04 patch, so far every patch has had a huge costume set. 1.03/A in Vanilla DOA5 saw Zack Island and the Hotties Swimwear pack and 1.03 in 5U saw the Halloween set and Haunted Lorelei, so my guess is we'll get Vanilla Lorelei and the new pack then with 1.04 :)

I agree, until now the swimsuits pack were always released for special occurences (the release of DoA5, the release of Zack Island - and the patch -, the release of DoA5 + and DoA5U). So I think that the 1.04 patch will be the perfect moment for the new swimsuits pack and Lorelei.

it also wouldn't surprise me if 1.04 makes 5U fully 5UA, and the catalogue adds a locked Marie Rose in the Character select screen kinda like how the catalogues let you see Costumes.

I think that that Marie Rose will be added to the chaacter select screen with the patch 1.04 me too, and before than the new feature(s) I'm hoping me too to get in DoA5U the nice additions that have been included in the Arcade version.

DeathHand

do you guys already know if mary will be free for retail copies or do we have to buy the character?
hoping to see a casual volume soon with more unmasked busa, I cant get enough of that xD

Rawbietussin

I want a reverse DLC. The ones who received casual costumes will get legacy costumes while the ones who received legacy costumes will get casual costumes (sans Momiji since she has both).

That also means Rig, Rachel (if she doesn't have any other NG outfits to become her legacy outfit) and Mila will cosplay a previous costume from older DOA games.

Last edited:

David Gregg

lame...when are we going to get some actual news?

do you guys already know if mary will be free for retail copies or do we have to buy the character?
hoping to see a casual volume soon with more unmasked busa, I cant get enough of that xD

That's still up in the air. If I had to guess I'd say she would be free for retail copies and paid for CF but who knows. Don't worry though she'll have a sh*t ton of DLC so you'll be paying for her anyway. lol XD

David Gregg

i cant tell if that's just you saying more in a weird way or if you want Marie Rose, either way we have a new character coming in spring and an upcoming patch what else can you possibly ask for regarding news?

Okay let me rephrase: I wish we had some news that I could actually see. Things like vids of the new patch changes, or the new "unexpected" feature, new outfits, etc... Telling me "Oh yeah there's a patch coming out soon and a character in spring but here look at an outfit that you've known about months ago" isn't that exciting...

Argentus

Random thought. If they brought the WHOLE DOA cast, playable, into the next Ninja Gaiden.

I'm guessing like the ninjas, their abilities would be exaggerated in Ninja Gaiden.

I'm imagining Leon doing a dervish throw and and arm grenade on tanks and giant fiend (arm grenade makes their upper body explode on contact from the sheer force of his blow), Mila doing a machine gun punch so fast and hard it could blow a man's torso apart, and their mount tackle beatdowns on human and fiend enemies? Will be bloody glorious. MMA Gaiden would be awesome.

How do you think YOUR mains would translate into Ninja Gaiden? Which of their strengths/traits do you think would be exaggerated? Zacks bob and wave or his kicks or his wacky durability, would Bass be able to do a Bass Buster on fiends, would Eliot be able to just combo-march forward, hammering his way through mobs of enemies with his strings as they get knocked aside/away, etc? Would Christie's serpent strikes work like being hit with a dagger, piercing opponents bodies, would they exaggerate her speed to Flash-like levels, etc?

Waddya think?

KwonJigglypuff

Helena's windmill moves would make ennemies fly and her singing would make them confused. Lalalaaaaaa.

jCib1.gif

No seriously I have no idea. She would probably use an electric baton with her sheriff outfit.

Edit : I had that thought last time. They should make a RPG with the cast.
Or a Project Zero with all the girls.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Random thought. If they brought the WHOLE DOA cast, playable, into the next Ninja Gaiden.
It would become really air-y and ungrounded, with no balance/complexity in the gameplay portion.

I'm guessing like the ninjas, their abilities would be exaggerated in Ninja Gaiden.
What? Ryu's abilities are under-exaggerated in NG's gameplay compared to what he can do canonically in cutscenes and the such. He's just that mother-fucking powerful. God Himself is jelly of Ryu.

How do you think YOUR mains would translate into Ninja Gaiden? Which of their strengths/traits do you think would be exaggerated?
I think I have a pretty good idea.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Zack beam demolishes foes in a straight line. He would have blades on his feet and Talons on his arms, and a rocket launcher. Cause bossnasty.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Oh God.

Okay let me rephrase: I wish we had some news that I could actually see. Things like vids of the new patch changes, or the new "unexpected" feature, new outfits, etc... Telling me "Oh yeah there's a patch coming out soon and a character in spring but here look at an outfit that you've known about months ago" isn't that exciting...
You're too hungry for news food. Be patient and wait for them to be fully cooked for spring lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD