The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Nitro

That happens to be my brother's name... but he's 21, and currently doing well in school. But yea, Time Killers looks awful. My eyes...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Tonight was a great night for me. My college has a fighting game club (FGC) and tonight was tournament night, since it was the day before our Spring Break. Anyway, I brought my PS3 and set up DOA5U. While it didn't get entrants, it was a hit for casuals. It was nice playing with other people, for once.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

i love fighting other brad players. it's always interesting to see how they use him.

I like fighting other Hitomis and Baymans as well. Too bad KayJay doesnt seem to play on Xbox anymore, there's a challenging Hitomi!

That one American Brad was a real challenge for you right? Was he part of clan xSA or something~

Yurlungur

Tonight was a great night for me. My college has a fighting game club (FGC) and tonight was tournament night, since it was the day before our Spring Break. Anyway, I brought my PS3 and set up DOA5U. While it didn't get entrants, it was a hit for casuals. It was nice playing with other people, for once.
you're lucky, while i do have a base amount of players in toronto i just gave up on it in ottawa and it makes me sad, i really hope you get an offline scene because actually playing offline competitively for this game is actually really fun.

Nameless Sama

I just use makeagif.com. Granted you're limited in what you can make but it's something.

Thank you sir , I am always thankful for that what I can get.

Weird gif from a vid at Gamefaqs...

iTVg8wfrVDYzP.gif

I really dont know what is so weird on this gif. Rachel gets a Powerblow from Hitomi and her fist was so hard that the ball hit hitomi too. This happen a lot.

Play with Gen Fu on scramble defeat the opponent with a Powerblow and then you see after his Win Pose that he gets hit by the same car.

Last edited:

Hoya Destroyer

I really dont know what is so weird on this gif. Rachel gets a Powerblow from Hitomi and her fist was so hard that the ball hit hitomi too. This happen a lot.

Play with Gen Fu on scramble defeat the opponent with a Powerblow and then you see after his Win Pose that he gets hit by the same car.
Im not sure why the hardness of anyones fist would cause this to happen, but I know Ive never seen it before. I dont think the game mechanics are deliberately set up to damage the person dealing the power blow.
The Gen Fu thing sounds interesting. Ive never seen anyone get hit after a win pose either.
The other week I escaped from one of Hayabusas throws (the one where he rolls/swings around the back of his opponent), midway through the animation, when a coconut fell from the tree and hit him on the head! :D

Nameless Sama

Im not sure why the hardness of anyones fist would cause this to happen, but I know Ive never seen it before. I dont think the game mechanics are deliberately set up to damage the person dealing the power blow.
The Gen Fu thing sounds interesting. Ive never seen anyone get hit after a win pose either.
The other week I escaped from one of Hayabusas throws (the one where he rolls/swings around the back of his opponent), midway through the animation, when a coconut fell from the tree and hit him on the head! :D

Sorry for my expression. Short said I have seen such so much so in that case such moments are standard for me know. xD

ManekiNeko

Thank you sir , I am always thankful for that what I can get.

Play on the construction level on the ground. Throw your opponent to the transformer and he flies over to the left and gets hit by an I-Beam. If you're in the area, you also take damage from the I-beam.

Darkton93

For all the Capcom bashers out there who complain about dozens of SFIVs, just remember they're close to the edge of bankruptcy. Those repeats of SFIV? That's pretty much the only guaranteed success. Even Strider is a huge gamble, and it's outsourced. If USFIV fails, then the company's pretty much only doing mobile phone games. RE6 flopped? No more RE. Dmc no good? Franchise goes bye-bye. Megaman 10 fails? Say goodbye to Megaman. In fact, I'd say that Dead Rising is next on the chopping block because of the look of the game being more AAA. At some point, one of two things will happen:

1) Capcom gets bought out by another company (maybe Comcept, just like SNK and Playmore), thus allowing it to "reform to its former glory" or whatever you Megaman Whiners say,
or 2) Capcom goes bankrupt and dies for good, meaning no more Street Fighter, no Darkstalkers, no Megaman, nothing.

Also, don't get me started on Megaman. I am the number one Megaman fan hater on the internet. Let's not bring that up lest someone (ie me) gets banned and this thread gets locked.

Doa_Eater

For all the Capcom bashers out there who complain about dozens of SFIVs, just remember they're close to the edge of bankruptcy. Those repeats of SFIV? That's pretty much the only guaranteed success. Even Strider is a huge gamble, and it's outsourced. If USFIV fails, then the company's pretty much only doing mobile phone games. RE6 flopped? No more RE. Dmc no good? Franchise goes bye-bye. Megaman 10 fails? Say goodbye to Megaman. In fact, I'd say that Dead Rising is next on the chopping block because of the look of the game being more AAA. At some point, one of two things will happen:

1) Capcom gets bought out by another company (maybe Comcept, just like SNK and Playmore), thus allowing it to "reform to its former glory" or whatever you Megaman Whiners say,
or 2) Capcom goes bankrupt and dies for good, meaning no more Street Fighter, no Darkstalkers, no Megaman, nothing.

Also, don't get me started on Megaman. I am the number one Megaman fan hater on the internet. Let's not bring that up lest someone (ie me) gets banned and this thread gets locked.

1393665106995.gif

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor

I'd love to see SNK outlast Capcom. The irony would be delicious, not that I'm a big fan of either. I actually collect fighting games but man to see a company that has been called a Streetfighter clone beat actual Streetfighter. Where's my Bison gif.

SNK buys the Streetfighter Ip and publishes it.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I can't speak for Capcom's other games but for Street Fighter, I honestly think that they are better off if they should just go back to their roots and stick with the 2D sprites since that is their forte or they could have chosen better-looking character models (maybe incorporate the style of DMC/RE's character models) than the cartoonish looks.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I can't speak for Capcom's other games but for Street Fighter, I honestly think that they are better off if they should just go back to their roots and stick with the 2D sprites since that is their forte or they could have chosen better-looking character models (maybe incorporate the style of DMC/RE's character models) than the cartoonish looks.

To be fair Guilty Gear is switching up their look and they actually are pulling it off. I felt like Streetfighter IV was the return of EX plus, minus is side stepping. They went for a "new" style at the time, they should have gone for a new style in XTEKKEN (which I like ) seeing the Tekken characters in 2D was nice though.

Now asking Capcom to develop a new engine they need a guarantee that copies will sell.

Rawbietussin

To be fair Guilty Gear is switching up their look and they actually are pulling it off. I felt like Streetfighter IV was the return of EX plus, minus is side stepping. They went for a "new" style at the time, they should have gone for a new style in XTEKKEN (which I like ) seeing the Tekken characters in 2D was nice though.

Now asking Capcom to develop a new engine they need a guarantee that copies will sell.

The EX series had sidestepping? I honestly think that Project Justice or Plasma Sword's characters models were somewhat better-looking even if it's not fully developed. It's cartoonish but still attractive.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
The EX series had sidestepping? I honestly think that Project Justice or Plasma Sword's characters models were somewhat better-looking even if it's not fully developed. It's cartoonish but still attractive.

I'm pretty sure they did. I know they introduced Excel among other systems.

Maybe I'm thinking Rival Schools they had a choppy walk animation.

Rawbietussin

I'm pretty sure they did. I know they introduced Excel among other systems.

Maybe I'm thinking Rival Schools they had a choppy walk animation.

Excel seems somewhat similar with the Alpha 3's V-ism system minus the purple shadows following the character.

The first Rival Schools' walk animation is hilarious. It's like their feet couldn't be separated together when they walk forward and backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD