The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Yes, its a few pages back. Also, here agaithey make her out to be some kinda badass, but all she does is get Peach'd and she has to be rescued by Ryu Alma. Oh and Ryu is way better than Rachel with her own weapon, so I'm just left wondering how she lasted even that long. the Palin/bayonetta hair is a big turnoff,too.

Ryu saves dam near everyone why people use this against Irene and Rachel is beyond me it's not like they aren't badass they just aren't Ryu level badass. also no he can't Ryu is decent with it but only Rachel knows how to really use it Ryu just swings to around like a lesser Dabilhro

Squizzo

Meh... Some of her attacks look pretty cool but at the end of the day she is still mostly just a Kasumi clone. I'm sure the two of them will make a great tag team though.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I don't have problems with this character at all, despite being just Kasumi in steroids, she looks good so far. And I also like all of her costumes. (Alpha kasumi costume, hell yeah!)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Im not interested in drama, or this thread being closed.

Are you? Why do keep on fueling tension by repeating your sexist crap over and over again? You know very well, that you have pissed off more than half the forum in this and the other thread already.

Hoya Destroyer

Are you? Why do keep on fueling tension by repeating your sexist crap over and over again? You know very well, that you have pissed off more than half the forum in this and the other thread already.
Ultimately, I respect women just as much as I do men. I dont consider myself sexist, or think its unreasonable to want hot girls in a game like DoA. Are gay guys sexist for wanting skimpy outfits for the men?
Secondly, I repeat my opinion so that new members, lurkers and more importantly, TN staff, will know there is support for skimpy outfits. This is something that I think some people here are afraid to do.
I've answered all this stuff before. Besides, I dont attack people for promoting things that I find unappealing or uninteresting.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Besides, I dont attack people for promoting things that I find unappealing or uninteresting.

Yes, you do! For example other peoples' art...

And now he's finally on ignored. First one ever here. He should be delighted.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
To me, adding Phase 4 so late in the game's cycle, with so little fanfare and basically without any explanation, is a really weird choice. Shouldn't she be a major plot point for DOA 6, maybe even the new boss or one of the bosses? Very anticlimatctic...at least for me.

FatalxInnocence

To me, adding Phase 4 so late in the game's cycle, with so little fanfare and basically without any explanation, is a really weird choice.

I agree. It's a little strange. Though it's still early days for DOA5UA. The games only been out since December. They aren't going to stop making content for it 2-3 months after it's release. Games obviously alive and kicking otherwise they would have stopped.

Shouldn't she be a major plot point for DOA 6, maybe even the new boss or one of the bosses?

Hmm, well considering the way they ended the console version of the game, I'm assuming she is a plot twist for DOA6 but we should know this from the credits. They showed her there, and said begin phase-4... it's kind of just putting two and two together.

werewolfgold

Ultimately, I respect women just as much as I do men. I dont consider myself sexist, or think its unreasonable to want hot girls in a game like DoA. Are gay guys sexist for wanting skimpy outfits for the men?
Secondly, I repeat my opinion so that new members, lurkers and more importantly, TN staff, will know there is support for skimpy outfits. This is something that I think some people here are afraid to do.
I've answered all this stuff before.
I didn't find your remark to be sexist, technically, but I will comment nonetheless. You're welcome. :cool:

1. "I dont consider myself sexist, or think its unreasonable to want hot girls in a game like DoA."

The thing is, they're already here. This statement needs to be amended to say "unreasonable to want scantily-clad, hot girls in a game like DoA". It's not, I suppose. But, that's already here, too. Even mentioning it is kind of like beating a dead horse at this point.

2. "Are gay guys sexist for wanting skimpy outfits for the men?"

It's more complicated than that. While the comparison seems apt, general consensus (and hard numbers) would state that while the women are swimming (c wut I did thar) in bikinis and other sexy outfits, the men...not so much. There are some outfits here and there, but uniformly...no. Asking for more skimpy outfits for the men would bring "parity" so to speak while asking for more skimpy outfits would push the meter further in the "wrong" direction. This is even more flagrant in a world where many in the hardcore-DOA field want the game to be known for more than sexy women (something that may be at odds with what the devs want, but...eh). It shouldn't matter that much. People want what people want. However, some people may not be thinking about what they themselves personally want, but the "larger" picture as well.

3. "Secondly, I repeat my opinion so that new members, lurkers and more importantly, TN staff, will know there is support for skimpy outfits."

That is at odds with what some others want. Some people would rather TN never find out. Some people have had enough. Some people think it wouldn't fit the circumstances (we're kind of past that, but...). That plus it just seems like a foregone conclusion that more skimpy outfits (for the women) are probably coming regardless, it's not going to sit well with some for people to keep harping on about it. There are some other things that the game needs after all. Whether it's being usurped by them making swimsuits all the time...well, no one knows that for sure.

And, let's be clear. Your support seems to be for skimpy outfits for the women only. Not just skimpy outfits.

4. "This is something that I think some people here are afraid to do."

Orrrrrr, people have had enough and want it to stop. You are going to be directly at odds with some others here because of your constant call for skimpiness above all else (color scheme, general costume design, badassery-ness, etc.). All of it is secondary in your eyes. You are making yourself a target by (seemingly) being so absolutist about it. That's what I personally think seems off. It's gotten to the point where some of the things that you want seem ridiculous for a game that supposed to be about beating the crap out of people (once again, we're beyond that, but...).

Now, what you said in that post, to my eyes, wasn't technically "sexist". But, it carries the air of it because of a. how one sided you always are about it, and b. women (and others) have kind of had it up to "here" at this point about the only important thing to "men" regarding women (especially when it comes to all things media) being sex appeal. I don't think people wanna demonize sexy things completely (that's another bad road), but at this point in time things appear to be off balance in the eyes of the general public. So, anyone that's all like, "WOOOOO BIKINEHS" beyond a certain point is going to at least get the side eye.

ANYHOO:
I'm moderately excited for PHASE-4. Though assets are being reused, she has enough of her own thing going on that it's acceptable. Dig that power blow.

I'm kind of okay with Decapre, too. Though, I get why people are kind of annoyed. lol

U_C_A_F

No changes at all for eliot in 1.05 it looks like...

#ForeverLowtier

Also whats the point of regular kasumi and alpha now when this phase 4 chick looks to have both their strengths with none of their weakness

SilverForte

Looking over the vid and the pdf movelist, she is a lot more like kasumi than alpha, she is just as unsafe as kasumi and you can only do her teleports on hit, she does have better holds though, and her damage output is probably greater. She seems like a better version of kasumi, but we'll see.

U_C_A_F

Thats what i mean, people pick alpha due to her higher damage output over regular kasumi but its at the cost of being a featherweight, having crappy holds, no wake up kicks, and never getting any new costumes. phase 4 has higher damage while having none of those drawbacks that alpha has

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD