The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keved

Look, I'm excited for a new character-- whether it be Tengu, a female Tengu, a new male, etc. I really don't care. And I'm glad we're being teased with new character information... because there will be a time that for awhile new characters and stages will not be discussed until DOA 6. Which could be awhile from now. So, I'm just glad there is something to talk about, even if it brings about an unhealthy debate.
Good point. In fact as DoA5 fans we're quite blessed compared to some other fighting franchises out there who would have well & truly buried the hatchet by now with DLC, focusing more on other projects instead. Not the case with DoA5U though, months later & we're still getting costumes & characters to add to an already (imo) content friendly package. There doesn't really seem to be an end in sight to the DLC either, with Phase 4 still to come along with god knows how many more costumes that are set for the default cast as well as the new characters themselves.

I will admit, sometimes i am victim to throwing all of my toys out of the pram so to speak when certain features or personal demands that i like aren't added in, when truthfully i should just be feeling thankful that TN continues to give this game a pulse & it's fanbase more reasons to keep playing & enjoying what is an already enjoyable fighter (this coming from a complete wet-behind-the-ears rookie who struggles to win a round let alone a match, haha!). Obviously i can't speak for everyone nor do i pretend to be the voice for others (& i don't make that my intention to) but whether this mysterious character ends up being Tengu himself, a Tengu-masked female with Tengu's move-set or a completely new character altogether, at the end of the day i am just happy that DoA5U itself is still giving us new content, be it to buy or to debate about. The game we play still has a beating heart & will continue to be alive & kicking for the foreseeable future to come, which is a win/win for everyone imo.

dramic91

I feel like so far the best sounding guess has been that Tengu possessed some girl as a way to get revenge (can't remember who said that/far too lazy to look). That sounds like it would be the least of several possible evils in this situation. Plus, it could mean that at least his personality would stay in tact, which would be kinda funny to see that coming out of someone other than him. If they HAVE to make it another female, at least that's the best way to acknowledge the fact that it was the actual Tengu that was wanted.

Anything else would feel cheap, lazy and not at all like being catered to or appeased.

dramic91

Creating a brand new character from scratch is cheap and lazy?
Perhaps "cheap" and "lazy" aren't the most fitting words, but considering people are asking for the actual Tengu, and not a brand new character, I imagine they might feel a bit cheated. I know I would feel cheated.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Jyakotu said:
I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining. The whole point people wanted Tengu in the game in the first place was because of his moveset, no?

No.. it was a package...
Character epicness + moveset + voice + quotes + nose + epic beard + 9PPPPPP> air throw

Having part of that is not the same..
Replacing part of that is not the same..

I said this b4 in the other thread. Just because they gave setsuka a dick and called her alpha patroklos that doesnt make alpha patroklos setsuka.. despite the identical move list.

Number 13

Just want the scan/trailer to be released already so the speculation can be put to rest. I do think that out of the whole DLC characters being released a single male character is within the realm of possibility, but highly doubt that male would be Tengu given his position. Would have to be someone new or someone with marketable exposure like a male VF or Yaiba.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Just want the scan/trailer to be released already so the speculation can be put to rest. I do think that out of the whole DLC characters being released a single male character is within the realm of possibility, but highly doubt that male would be Tengu given his position. Would have to be someone new or someone with marketable exposure like a male VF or Yaiba.
I'd rather NOT have any more VF characters. Also, I kind of don't want any more NG characters, for now at least.

Rawbietussin

So if TN does decide to make their very of version of Amane from BlazeBlue (a lot of people are saying that this "Female Tengu" could possibly be a dude with long purple hair and lipstick) out of Tengu, that will probably be a huge ball buster lol

Bonerkill reactions pleases me.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I hope she isn't possessed. I always feel bad for those characters who are nice and kind but is latter forced to do evil

I felt even more bad for Painwheel from Skullgirls
Screen_shot_2013-08-27_at_15.37.18.png
Painwheel_skullgirls.jpg

Rawbietussin

So are you guys calling a new-half character for DOA?

If they are able to spark up controversy by adding a barely legal jailbait who claims she is 18 to the roster of girls with parasite-infested tumors flopping around uncontrollably, then why not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD