The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

Ugh those generic costumes on P4. Might as well create a DLC with Kasumi's entire wardrobe for her
Turn everything black and with the black NG outfit just give her the blue scarf hood that it's missing.

tumblr_mpxp1q86ec1rje51ao2_r1_400.gif

UpSideDownGRUNT

the only thing that's worth liking about P4 aethitically is the DOA2U Kasumi a shozokus (the red/pink and black ones) if I get this character I can guarantee you the only costume I'd use is the black alpha shozoku.

I keep beating the dead horse as well, but I really wish they brought back Sakura Tange for Phase 4 rather than re using Houko Kawashima

Hoya Destroyer

It's a fetish thing, westerners won't understand or won't care much for. These swimsuits are the types of swimsuits Japanese school girls wear in PE. ;)

Yeah. I suspected it was a schoolgirl related thing.

Love the spikes.
hqdefault.jpg

I think that was Tengus best costume, but it would look better without the spikes on his chest and thighs. Those particular spikes look like they would be a hazard to Tengu himself. I assume the fan is part of the mythology, but I probably would have preferred him without that too. The rest looks great! :)

Would it have killed them if they could have just changed Phase 4's hair colour or whatever..

Exactly. Or just shorten her long hair or something. I feel the same way about Decapre in SF4U.
To be fair, it does look like TN put a lot of effort into Marie Rose and Tengu-girl.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The textures on the guys are because they have a lower poly count. This is even seen in the costume dlc, the guy costumes cost less than the female costumes. At least in DOA5 when they were doing packs of costumes, don't know about 5U.

Chapstick

They cost the same amount now. When they listed all the dlc from 5 vanilla for individual purchase at the beginning of 5 Ultimate, the male outfits were 99¢. But, all the individual Ultimate dlc's for the guys are $2. The prices keep rising. Cheerleaders were 99¢ individually but Rachel's and Momiji's are $2 each I believe. And the bundle all those recent copy pastes are in has $6 added to the amount of costumes in it rather than $1 how it used to be. Wait.. I think they did that with the mini halloween pack. The Kasumi/Busa/Hayate/Ayane bundle was $7 or $8 rather than $5.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The textures on the guys are because they have a lower poly count.
Low polygon count doesn't mean, the textures also have to be low resolution. On the contrary, good textures (normal mapping) can save a low poly mesh and make it still look really good.
It's okay to focus on the girls. DOA was always like that. Who doesn't like to look at beautiful, well modeled girls...? :) But Team Ninja is overdoing it. They overstepped a line, where the guys look really shitty compared to the girls (even as if they are one console generation behind) and I haven't seen any other developer doing something like this. I deleted the MMA outfits for the guys, because I found them really ugly and cheap looking. It doesn't help much, that they were in fact really cheap, as you pointed out. ;)

Argentus

10334443_10202054888155579_3325329848194351965_n.jpg

10422239_10202054888795595_7491969624131059225_n.jpg

I am ashamed to admit it...but these two are actually...kinda hot. They got this rough, hillbilly sex appeal. XD
The rest is forgettable. Well, actually all are, but the mentioned ones are kinda hot. Why am I even admitting it again? XD
Ya I'm torn. I'm actually a redneck so right up my alley but standards and shit lol.
Tina's is alright cause she's also got her boobs out but Mila having so much skin showing just doesn't really fit.
Virtually none of Milas dlc has ever fit. Only ones I can think of are sports, schoolgirl, and Bass. Halloween if it weren't so balloon.
Yes. P4 was always next to Leon. There was an awkward gap beneath Hayabusa before Nyotengu showed up.

The whole point is to get people in Japan to go out and play the arcade version rather than just sit at home. Give them more money and publicity. You'll notice that everything is being translated from Japanese from sites and magazines and such. Technically, we're (the west) is not supposed to be that privy to everything. Just pretend you didn't know about it. lol
Not to mention all three dlc characters were designed and aimed to draw in Japanese audience.
I just realized there isn't a character in this game I can make InuYasha jokes on. Shit.
Nyotengu looks kinda like kaguya, I think her name was...

Agreed thats my problem with it to.
The characters personality are drained when they are forced to wear these overly sexual outfits.
This has been my banerage with almost every dlc pack. I need to make a twitter account to try to address ten directly about this because bits ridiculous.

However I have no idea how to use twitter.

Or this

pic_spm_07.jpg

Christie, the cold-blooded assassin. Mature seductress, KILLS PEOPLE FOR A LIVING. For her latest hit she tried to go undercover at a high school. For some reason the other kids were suspicious.
Should a gone with her gym teacher outfit instead.
Though on the other hand she could actually blend in with seniors well enough.

Jadeinchains

Speaking of Mila's school outfit, It looks so much like the standard Scottish female high schooler uniform, Unless that's what American high school outfits are.

Do Americans even were School uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD